Status: Complete

Invisible

Sweet Messages

Three days later Carol sat on her bed, starring at the ceiling and thinking about what Jeremy said to her. She just left him without an answer back, she really ran away from him. Text messages, phone calls were invading her phone. She didn't answer them, nor reply to any of the text messages.

"Please Carol. I really need to know." one said.

"This is just as weird for me as it is for you. But I know in my heart it's for real."

"I do honestly love you Carol."

All them went on and on like that, their were fifty unread messages from Jeremy. Carol answered everyone else's but his. She refuses to tell Maggie what happened, because deep inside Carol knew Maggie loved Jeremy.

As for me, well I'm honestly not bothered by it. I thought I would be, I tried to be. But I couldn't. I knew Carol deserved happiness, and Jeremy also. And together, it works. I do admit, it is a little weird.

"It's too soon." She whispered. "I can't like him. It's too weird and he probably is looking at me like I'm Lindsey and not Carol. How would I handle it if he calls me by your name one day? I don't think I could handle it. What if he.....He could...I mean...UGH! I don't know anymore. This relationship can't work if their is too much 'what if's' , 'but's, or 'and's', it won't work. It can't. "

I shook my head, "Denial. You love him." Now that everything is out in the open, I remember seeing how happy and comfortable she was around Jeremy. How her eyes lit up whenever she got a message from him.

"I don't love him. I don't. I know I don't."

I giggled, "You do." What has me most confused is, why was I so upset about Maggie and Jeremy? Maybe because Maggie threw herself on him? Or...who knows. Their has to be an explaniation.

Carol flipped through her messages, opening one after the other. She paused on the latest one he sent her an hour ago.

"Carol, I know you're probably thinking that this has to do with Lindsey. It doesn't. Yes, their is a part of me that will always love Lindsey, because she was my first true love. But their is something I feel with you that is stronger than what I had with Lindsey. I do love you, Carol. I promise that I will not hurt you, I won't ever let you down. I won't disappoint you. Please just answer me Carol. Please."

I sniffed, that was the sweetest text message ever. Oh man. Why didn't he ever write those to me? How rude. Well he did, but they always said, "I'll always love you Lindsey, You are my one and only. You rock babe, you're so beautiful baby." Ok I guess those are sweet messages, but that one he sent to Carol was just....whoa.

Carol sighed deeply, I wish so badly I could strangle her. She's being stubborn and stupid.

Like she could hear me, she laughed. "I know....I'm answering. I sure do hope you are ok with this."

I arched my eye brow, "So you do like him?" I laughed.

I leaned against her shoulder to see what she was typing on her screen.

"Jeremy. This won't be easy. I know you are a good man, because I wouldn't have it Lindsey dated you for so long. You are a wonderful guy. I don't really know how I feel about you. How about we hang out together? See how we get along. Give me sometime and I will have an answer for you."

I squealed. She sent it off and inhaled a huge deep breath. "That was hard."

Within the first ten seconds, she got a reply.

"Deal. Date night tomorrow at Maya's? 8pm?"

She sighed, "Ok. Pick you up??"

I rolled my eyes, "The guy is supposed to get you stupid."

Her phone buzzed, "Uh no...I'll get you. See ya."

Carol giggled and put her phone away. She flipped on her T.V and watched The Nanny.

Soon she drifted into a sleep and it didn't surprise me at all when she whispered, "Jeremy" In her sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
There ya go!!