Status: Complete

Invisible

I'll Be Ok

Jeremy volunteered to help Carol pack for Florida. She leaves tomorrow bright and early, did I mention she was driving? Yeah, driving. She wanted to take her car all the way to Florida with her. Nuts.

“So you leave tomorrow?” He asked her.

She nodded, “Yup. I’m excited.” She grinned. Jeremy followed Carol to her car and placed the three boxes in her trunk.

“I think that’s it, I’ll just pack my clothes tonight.”

Jeremy nodded, “Carol, I need to know. What’s going to happen…with us?”

Carol sighed, “Are we even an item?”

“What do you mean? We kissed I think that should signal that you’re taken.” He chuckled.

Carol walked into the garage, ignoring what he just said. Jeremy followed.

“Well?” He asked.

Carol bent down next to a box, just to find something to do. I crossed my arms and waited for her to say something, she can’t mess this up. He can’t handle it.

“Ok. Fine. I guess you just did it because you felt sorry for me? Didn’t want to hurt my feelings right? Well guess what, I’m not ten anymore. You should have just told me, not lead me on that you might actually feel something for me.”

He waited for her to say anything, but she still looked through the boxes.

“Dammit Lindsey! I wish you would look at me!” He yelled.

Carol snapped her head up and turned her head slowly to Jeremy. I shook my head.

“Who did you just call me?” She asked. Carol walked closer to Jeremy; she was almost close to his face.

Jeremy thought about what he just said, it wasn’t long before he figured it out.

Carol sighed, “That’s why I don’t want to go any further with this relationship…or whatever this is.” I could see the tears swimming in her eyes. “You still love her and I can see that you still miss her.”

Jeremy snorted, “Carol, of course I still love Lindsey! Of course I still miss her! I thought you understood that!”

“I do understand that Jeremy.” Carol paced away from him, “I do get it. But you have to understand how that just made me feel, I knew it was going to happen but I thought ‘It might not happen Carol, maybe he truly does love you.’”

“I do love you. Have you not been listening to me?” Jeremy spun her around to face him, leaving his hands on her shoulders. “What is it going to take for you to believe me?”

Carol pushed his hands away and took a step back; she starred at him for a long moment.

“Just tell him, Carol. Please. He’s telling the truth.” I whispered in her ear. I turned to look at Jeremy; he was watching her waiting patiently for her answer. But he also knew what she was going to tell him next.

Carol looked away from him, “Jeremy…I”

He started backing away from her, “Save it.” He sniffed, “I get it. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be ok. Sorry I wasted any of your time…” I watched Jeremy walk for his Jeep, with his shoulders slumped.

“Carol.” I whined. “Come on…theirs still time.”

Carol stayed watching him climb into his Jeep, and watched him drive away from her neighborhood. I didn’t know what to do when she fell to the floor…sobbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm writing more as we speak!! :)