Status: Complete

Invisible

Pictures off The Wall

I spent the night walking around the park. I crossed my arms around my chest and kept my head down as I thought about what my best friends must be doing. Probably sleeping, but you never know. So I jogged my way to Carol’s house first. She was still up but writing in her journal. I leaned over her shoulder to see what she was writing about.

“Mr. Robin” was the title of the page. I took a deep breath to calm myself before I screamed.

I read more to find it was a list about Mr. Robin. Carol was keeping tabs on him, she had written down everything weird about him.

“1. Refused to talk to any police officers about Lindsey. 2. Doesn’t talk to me or Maggie anymore. 3. Watches Jeremy with such hate.”

Suddenly Mr. Robin’s words filled my head again as the pictures of that night flooded my thoughts.

“I hated it whenever Jeremy hugged you or kissed you in front of me.” He told me.

I wanted to reach out to Carol but didn’t know how I could do it. Raven said not to tell anyone about my murderer. But Carol was on the right path, she just needed some help. So I reached for a picture on her wall above her head and let it fall. It was a picture of her an me again but this time Carol had my ice cream all over her face. It was one of her favorites.

“What the fuck?” she whispered. She picked up the picture and smiled gently.

Her fingers ran along my side of the picture, “I miss you so much Lindsey. I promise you that I won’t rest until I figure out who took you away from us.”

I grinned and dropped another one of just me throwing the peace sign.

Carol picked it up with her brows pushed together, “What the hell is going on?”

I sighed impatiently, and dropped another of me and Maggie. Carol stood up slowly watching all the pictures I was dropping, fall onto her desk.

“Lindsey?”

I smiled and dropped more and more on her desk. Carol started to giggle as she picked up the pictures. She gathered them all up. I was about to drop another when a picture of me and Jeremy caught my attention. It was one of my favorites with him, he was kissing my temple while my eyes were closed and his hand was cupping my face. But that’s not what made me stop. Mr. Robin was in the background watching us with his arms crossed against his chest.

I let that one drop with an uneasy feeling in my chest; I hoped Carol would notice it.

Carol stopped laughing when that one fell last, “Oh Jeremy. He looks so happy here.”

I took a deep breath and watched her stare at the picture. “It’s only been a week, and he’s acting like you’ve been gone for a years.”

Carol started to hang up all the other pictures, while I screamed at her to look at the picture of me and Jeremy some more. But she couldn’t hear me. Carol grabbed the one of me and Jeremy again to stare at it a little longer.

“What the fuck?” She whispered. Carol pulled the picture closer to her eyes. “That bastard!” She yelled. She quickly covered her mouth and starred at her door for any sign that she woke anyone up.

I jumped and danced in circles that she finally noticed something.

“Is that what you were trying to tell me Lindsey?”

Carol grabbed her phone to dial Maggie’s number, she starred at the pictured for awhile until Maggie answered.

“Mags…..I’m sorry but you need to hear about this.”

Carol told her about the pictures falling and then about mine and Jeremy’s picture.

“Exactly……..Maggie it’s three in the morning he’s probably asleep, plus he doesn’t want to hang out with anyone right now……..No Maggie, how about I meet you at the park?.....ok in five minutes tops. Peace.”

Carol stuck her phone in her back pocket and slipped on her flip flops as she climbed out of the window. I walked with her to the park. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and started to break into a jog when we were getting closer. Maggie was already there pacing in her blue converse, black Capri’s and a purple tank top. Her hair was in tight ponytail too but her bangs always covered her face.

“Show me the picture.” Maggie held out her cell phone to shine the light on the picture.

“God….poor Jeremy. He looks so happy here.”

Carol sighed, “I know. He doesn’t look like that anymore.”

“Nor will he ever.” Maggie whispered.

“Beside Lindsey and Jeremy, who do you see watching them in the back?”

Maggie looked closer, “Holy Shit!”

Carol nodded, “Exactly. I took this picture a week before Lindsey disappeared.”

“But Carol he could be just looking somewhere else.”

“No he’s not Mags. He’s looking right at them. I’ve been watching him, he’s been acting weird and strange since the news broke that Lindsey was missing. He watches Jeremy with nothing but hate whenever he meets up with him. And every single teacher was there at her memorial but him. He refused to talk to any police officers, but the principle. He knew that if he talked to one of them, they would pick up that he was lying. I think he was the one that killed Lindsey….no I know he was the one that killed Lindsey.”

Maggie starred at Carol for a long time, putting the pieces together. Maggie knew they all made since, she just didn’t want to accept it.

“Don’t you dare say he couldn’t have. Everything points at him. And this picture just proves how he was always watching what Lindsey did.”

I stayed watching Maggie; she looked away from Carol finally and kept her head down. “What you’re saying is making sense Carol.”

Carol nodded, “It makes a lot of sense Maggie. We just can’t tell Jeremy. He’s still….”

Maggie nodded, “He’s still broken. He’ll always will be too.”

Carol sighed, “I want to help our best friend Maggie. I want to find the fucker that took her away from us. I want to make sure that Lindsey’s murder won’t go unsolved. I promised her that I would find out who took her away from us, I won’t sleep until that fuck goes to hell.”

Maggie starred at Carol in astonishment, “You cussed more in that little speech than you ever have.”

Carol smiled, “I cuss more than that honey. I just prefer to do that alone.”

Maggie laughed, “You sound like Lindsey.”

Carol laughed with her, “Lindsey never cussed. But every time she did she would apologize.”

Maggie groaned, “Sweet Lord that would get annoying. ‘Fuck oh...I’m sorry.’ I wanted to slap her every time she would do that.”

“You did one time.”

Maggie giggled, “A moment I won’t forget.”

Carol laughed out loud, “Do you remember when she wanted to but instead she yelled, ‘Poophead!’”

Maggie laughed, “I remember. I remember when Jeremy starred at her and said, ‘Be a man and just cuss dammit’”.

I laughed with them silently.

Their laughter died with a few giggles, then they starred away from each other feeling the pain of me gone hitting them hard.

“Carol...” Maggie whispered as she wiped away a tear from her cheek.

Carol looked up with tears threatening to escape her eyes, “Yeah?”

Maggie took a deep breath, “Let’s get the dipshit that took away our best friend.”

Carol smiled, “I’m already on it.”

I watched my best friends hug each other and walk away with their arms around each others shoulders. I cried silently, thinking how if I were alive I would be in the middle with my arms wrapped around my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more that I wrote from spring break...the others will be written and I'll post them every two days alrddy? peace