Sequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Complete

Vodka and Lemonade

Heartless

I really needed to stop waking up in random places. Sure, I was used to it, but I really needed a bed/space of my own. One that I could go to sleep in and know that I would wake up in it, too. I mean, really, that should be a liberty that every person has: to wake up where you fell asleep.

But, no, silly me couldn’t have that particular luxury. No, I had to live my life waking up in alleys, garbage bins, and who knows what else. This time, however, I woke up in a somewhat nicer place. It was a hospital…lucky me.

I sat up and instantly noticed that I was alone- just the way I liked it. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and a saline bag. I quickly got rid of those wires and turned off the machines before I pulled on my street clothes. I walked out of the room and heard one of the most obnoxiously depressing sounds. It was of a woman wailing in the room next to me. Rolling my eyes, I looked in the room, wondering what she was in hysterics about.

The site would have broken my heart if I had one. There he was, my Jimmy, as white as the sheets he was laying on. He had more things hooked up to him. There was blood on his bandaged leg and a grimace on his face. One of the nurses was giving him what looked like morphine through his IV. That should help him. The woman, middle-aged with frazzled hair, clutched at his hand and sobbed into the sheets. A man stood behind her, his back to me. The guys were also there, looking somber. Zacky lifted his head for a second and spotted me. I immediately ran toward the escape stairs.

“Danni! Danni, wait!” he called, running after me. I was too fast, though. I burst outside and turned a corner, immediately diving behind the garbage bag. Zacky came out seconds later, looking out of breath. He looked around wildly for me, even going so far as to call out my name. I didn’t respond. I just stayed where I was. Eventually he gave up. Muttering something under his breath, he went back inside the hospital. I stayed where I was for a few more minutes- just in case- before getting up and walking back to where I belonged.

It would have been better if they never knew me. It would be better if no one knew me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a roll. Second update of the day. Comment?

=D bree