Dead at 15

Epilogue

I’ll wrap it up now. This is the last time you’ll hear from me. In 2 days it’s the 13th. Maybe it’ll be on the news.
Please check under your bed.

All my love and best wishes,
December Antonia Lambert

12/13/94-12/13/09

Heh, heh. Bye.


I received her package on the twelfth of December. Inside, was a large stack of papers that were bound together with pieces of plain string, which gave the appearance of a book. I was a little apprehensive about reading it, so I didn’t, but after Timmy called me into the main room on the thirteenth and I saw the news report, I furiously began reading.

“Hey! Tommy! You might wanna watch this,” Timmy yelled, urgency in his tone. I lazily walked into the room and yawned but then I heard the name on the television.
“…This morning, recently convicted teenage serial killer, December Lambert, was found dead in her cell. We have been informed that she had slit her own wrists with a piece of sharpened plastic at around one o’clock this morning. The hospital, which will remain nameless for legal reasons, has been placed on lock down and employees are being interrogated regarding the ‘weapon’.
“One of the more interesting facts of this suicide was what December Lambert had carved into the top of her left hand – the words ‘dead at 15.’ Today was in fact her fifteenth birthday and as we recall she actually killed her eleven sisters on their fifteenth birthdays…”

“Tommy?” Timmy asked, pulling me out of my trance-like state.
“Yeah?”
“I saw the envelope in the trash.”
“Yes…”
“What did she tell you?” I gulped.
“Stuff.”
“Like what?”
“I haven’t read it.”
“You fucking make sure you tell me what’s in it when you do. This could be very serious you know.” I nodded and then ran back to my bedroom.

December or rather Winter, I don’t know, one of the two, (it was really hard to tell), killed herself. Winter had put the piece of sharpened plastic inside the tough skin of her foot. Being plastic, and in an obscure place, it was undetectable.

Winter got her way in the end. I could almost picture her/December smirking up there in the fluffy clouds, elated that she, I mean they, outsmarted everyone. The thought made me smile but I felt like my guts had been hollowed out, my heart pulled out through my throat and my stomach sickened. I screamed and couldn’t help but punch a hole in my wall before completely breaking down. She’d left me. I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Over 100 comments. Thank you so much guys.
My apologies for not posting this Friday or yesterday but I was out both days. Sorry.
Total word count: 57700 words, give or take
Anyway, sequel shall be posted shortly, but I'm not posting a chapter till next weekend. I would love to post it now but I've only got one chapter of that pre-written so I want to space it out a bit. By the way, I am a slow writer...so be prepared for that. Some updates may take me up to a month. Maybe. Depends. I'll try to keep the weekly thing going though.