Under the Lights

t w o .

"Hyung," Dong YoungBae, better known in the underworld as TaeYang, bows as he stands in front of his superior, awaiting further instructions.

His superior is a tall man, towering ten centimetres above him in an intimidating way.

He speaks in a tone that dares contradictions. "TaeYang, you've heard the news?"

"Yes, hyung."

There is a pause. Then---

"I have a favour to ask of you, TaeYang."

"Anything, hyung." His answer is immediate and without hesitation; he is ready to serve his master.

"I'd like to borrow your best man. JiYong is going to spy for us, while we get the preparations ready."

"Preparations?"

"Preparations for war," he whispers the last word, but it is oddly loud in the still chamber, and the word hangs in the empty air.

TaeYang's eyes widen. War is something he does not expect. "War with SuperShinKi? Hyung..."

"We are more ready than you think, TaeYang. This is our opportunity to strike."

TaeYang is still unsure of this plan. It feels wrong, somehow, and a gut feeling is telling him that it is a bad idea.

But he doesn't dare to talk back to his superior. So he utters, "Yes, hyung."

His superior smirks, a mischievous look accentuating his features in the darkness. "You are dismissed. Send JiYong to me."

TaeYang bows again before exiting with his head low.

==

JaeJoong places his right hand above his heart. His simple gesture is followed by the rows of men behind him. Before him stands a smooth block of stone. A cross design is etched into the stone, and a single name is legible in the centre.

He watches as the coffin is lowered into the ground and fades out of sight.

He bows, then turns to leave.

==

He now stands at the same exact spot as he stood last night, looking out the opened window. Seoul is engulfed in a misty fog, and rain falls from the dreary sky, the wind gushing loudly and ruffling his raven hair.

Two men stand by the door, both silent and understanding as they look at the man near the window.

JaeJoong turns and exhales as he makes his way across the room to stand in front of his accomplices. "YunHo, YooChun," he acknowledges.

"Hyung," the shorter man slightly bows before continuing. "We found two possible recruits."

"I'll entrust them to you to train them, then," JaeJoong softly smiles before turning to the taller man. "YunHo?"

YunHo meets JaeJoong's gaze and clears his throat. "Big Bang attacked one of our businesses today, during the... funeral," he struggles to find the right words. "They're... pushing us into taking a move against them to declare war."

JaeJoong is mildly surprised. "Big Bang? Aren't they fairly new?"

"Yes, but I have the feeling that someone is backing them up," YunHo sighs. "With all the drama going on recently, if we go into war, this will be messy."

JaeJoong looks into the distance, his father's words echoing in his brain. The lessons his father taught him to better prepare him as heir. The words come back to him now, and he softly whispers, "War is unavoidable, Yunho-ah."

His whisper is carried into the wind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter is up :D
It's still the beginning, so no action yet ]: I'm still introducing more characters and planning how BoA is gonna arrive, since she's going to play a vital part in this story. So.. yeah. (:

Please comment & subscribe if you haven't already. ;3