Status: Comment!! Hope You Like it!!!! <3

More Than This

Chapter 17

“You know you don’t have to do this,” Jake muttered as we stood outside the Cullen household. My Dad was happy to watch Giselle and didn’t ask any questions after Jake said it was pack business.

I guess I’m part of the pack now…

“I’m not starting a war Jacob,” I answered as we ascended the porch steps.

“Ugh,” Jacob grunted as Oliver came out with a bright smile on his face.

“Hi Rose,” Oliver said as we entered the house.

“Hello Oliver,” I resounded looking around the enchanting home once again.

“Mutt,” Oliver directed at Jake overly cheerfully.

“Leech,” Jake sneered in return.

“Um, so what are we doing?” I questioned hoping to ease some of the tension.

“Well, you’re going to hang out with me,” this earned a deep guttural growl from Jake. “And you’re puppy’s going to hang out with Bella. She misses him.”

If I could growl like Jake…I would be right now…

Jake didn’t look like he liked this idea very much, but we need to get this over with. “Jake if I need you, you’ll know,” I said grabbing his hand in mine.

He let out a long stream of air and then muttered, “Fine”. He placed a sweet kiss on my lips, which received a severe hiss from behind us. “She’s mine tick, watch yourself.”

And with that wonderful notion Jake and I parted ways. Jake took a seat next to Bella on the couch as Edward through me a look.

I don’t want him with her either…so tough…

I guess he heard my thoughts because Edward’s chuckle was quite loud. Oliver led me up a grand staircase to a white door. He opened it and the room on the other side looked nothing like the rest of the house. His walls were littered with random posters, some music related and some not. The color that peeked out was a dark blue and in the center of the room sat a huge grey sofa.

“So this is my room,” Oliver said standing by his enormous book shelf.

“You like to read?” I asked quietly peering through the numerous books.

“Yeah, it’s something that passes the time and can take me away from here,” he said it so nonchalantly, but his words had so much meaning.

“When were you changed?” I asked keeping with my own train of thoughts, but probably completely taking him by surprise.

“About 80 years ago, during the great depression,” he answered, acting like it was nothing once again.

“Did you want it?” I questioned.

“No, not at all,” he muttered darkly. “I was fine living off of nothing, but that didn’t mean anything to him.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you angry,” I said trying to back-pedal.

“You didn’t Rose,” he said coming over to me before I could blink. “If I wasn’t changed I would have never met you.”

“Um, Oliver,” I said but he just brushed his ice cold fingers across my lips.

“I know what you want,” he said quietly in my ear. “You want a choice for once in your life.”

How would he know that…?

“I have choices all the time that I have to make,” I said indignantly.

“Not the choices that matter though. You didn’t have a choice in your mother’s death. You didn’t have a choice in your boyfriend cheating on you. You didn’t have a choice in being raped. You didn’t have a choice with Giselle. You didn’t have a choice in being kidnapped. And you don’t have a choice with Jake,” he listed effortlessly.

I haven’t told him any of this…how does he even know that I feel like I’m pushed into situation after situation without a choice…

I was about to open my mouth to rebuttal, but he cut me off. “I asked Edward to read your mind for me. At first he vehemently refused, but I eventually convinced him.”

I nodded slowly. “I have a choice with Jake,” I said in a small voice.

“No, he’s imprinted on you. That’s like marking you as his territory. With me you have a choice. I’m not going to push you one way or another. I just want you to know, I’m here,” he said placing his icy lips on my forehead. “Your dog is asking for you.”

We walked down the stairs in silence and we soon reached Jake. “Bye Bella,” Jake said curtly before pulling me out of the house.

Jake drove the rabbit at an extremely slow pace and I could feel his eyes on me. I turned to look at him. “What did the leech want?” he asked.

“He has a name,” I said quietly.

“Excuse me?” Jake asked trying to hide his anger.

“He has a name,” I repeated a little louder.

“No, I heard you. I just don’t know why it matters, he’s just another bloodsucker,” he explained angrily.

“Well you’re just another shape shifter to them,” I argued.

“So, at least I don’t have to live off of killing other living things,” he said irrationally.

“Yes you do! You eat meat all the time Jacob! What is that? Someone had to kill the animal in order for you to eat it,” I snapped.

“What I meant was drinking their blood, you know that. Why are you defending them, I thought you were on our side,” he sneered as the car came to a stop in front of my house.

“I didn’t want to pick sides Jacob, but you’re making it really clear which team I should be routing for!” and with that I got out of the car and stormed into my house. “Ugh!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait...Hope You Enjoy..

Please Comment & Subscribe

Here's a link to Rose's outfit...

Which side are you on now...Team Oliver or Team Jake???

Comment if you want more!! :)