Status: Completed. Sequel will be up and started soon.

What's the Difference?

Dancing At The Disco

Oh God, what have I gotten myself into this time? Agreeing to let him come to my house? Seriously? Do I want to put him through torture? This is going to be soo much fun...please note that last sentence as sarcasm. I was not being serious about this being fun. This is going to be the hardest thing ever....especially now that me and Cayden are...together...fuck...

After my brief freak out moment, I took Cayden's hand in mine..mostly as a confidence booster..and walked next door to my house. Opening the front door, I searched the living room and found no sign of the “sperm donor”, so I made my way to the kitchen with Cayden in tow behind me.

“Mom! Are you up?”

“Kelly? Is that you? Where have you been? I woke up and I couldn't find you anywhere. I swear if you went to that park to go and see if he still remembers where you two used to hang out, you'll never be allowed to go out...” My mom's voice stopped as she saw Cayden and I standing there holding hands. Her face was one of pure shock, and then a bright smile came across her face.

“Alright, if you're done embarrassing me, let me introduce you. Mom, this is Cayden...my...boyfriend.” I said to her, and then turned to look at Cayden.

“Cayden, this is my mom Arlene.”

Cayden smiled at her and my mom smiled right back.

“Hello Cayden. It's nice to meet you. I've already heard a lot about you from Kelly. I'm glad he finally has someone good to be with.”

At that, Cayden's cheeks flamed red and he hid his face with his hair. I chuckled and put my arm around him.

“It's nice to meet you too...” Cayden mumbled from beside me.

I shifted my weight onto my other foot as I subtly looked around for any sign of my “Father.”

“Uh...Mom? Is...he home?” I asked almost silently as I still looked around.

“No, you don't have to worry about him for another hour or so. I sent him to the store and a couple of other errands for me since I was looking for you. So as long as you...go up to your room by...about 8 just to be on the safe side. I'll keep him busy so Cayden won't have to deal with seeing you and him fight.”

Cayden looked at me, then at my mom and then back at me. His face one of confusion.

“Don't worry about what we're talking about. As long as I live, I will not let you meet him unless it's by accident and you're far away from him.” I said, confident that I would be able to protect him from...George if it came to that.

He nodded and smiled in reassurance at me.

I looked to my mom, and she nodded at me. So I led Cayden upstairs and to my room. Once I opened the door, I forgot that I hadn't cleaned my room yesterday. I had planned to clean it after school yesterday but with Cayden arriving at school I completely forgot to. A slight blush crept up on my face as I turned to face Cayden.

“I'm sorry for the mess. I spaced cleaning it yesterday..but with everything that happened yesterday I forgot all about it...” Looking away and at my room, I walked towards the pile of clothes I had thrown on the floor from my closet trying to find something to wear on Friday. One by one, I hung them back up and then threw them on the bottom of the closet. Closing the closet door, I turned around, grabbed my laptop off my desk, and sat on my bed. After turning it on and waiting for the log in window, I patted the space next to me for Cayden to sit.

After logging in and opening Mozilla Firefox, I turned towards Cayden and smiled at him.
“So how do you like my room?” I asked, since that was the only thing I could think of to say to him.
Cayden laughed and looked around.

“I like it. Especially the huge poster of The Mad Hatter by your dresser. I think that poster is like..half of me. That's how huge it is. Where did you get it at?”

“Oh...I think at Wal-Mart...but I'm not sure...” Gosh, could I think of anything else more interesting than talking about my Alice in Wonderland posters? Apparently not since every time I'm around this boy, my mind turns to mush. Hmm...maybe I could...show him a picture of...Danny so he'd know who he was at our school...yeah that's what I'll do...

“Hey Cayden...do you...wanna see a picture of...D..Danny? J-Just s-so you know what he l-looks like...so you could..you know...a..avoid him?” Since when do I have a damn stutter?! Damn it, I'm getting all soft again...

“If you want to show me, you can. I know he meant a lot to you, so I wouldn't tell you no. “

I nodded my head a little as I logged into my MySpace account. A not so recent picture of me popped up along with my home page. I scrolled down and saw that I had 2 new messages and a comment approval. I went to the messages first. One was from a friend from school saying how she wished she had had the guts to talk to Cayden. Too late for you. I already snatched him up for myself. The other one was from......
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's the next chapter for you guys. Sorry I didn't post it the other night, but I had a father who decided to keep me from the computer this whole time.
Oh, and you'll be happy to know that MyDrunkenDistaster is still doing Cayden's POV.
I'll be posting one more chapter and then it will be Cayden's POV.