Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

The Only Exception

The past hour of us talking was strictly getting to know each other, I was on the floor while she was sitting upright on the couch. I couldn't believe this – it all seemed unreal, like all of this was a dream and when I woke up I'd be in my bed and she'd be across town in her own. When she got here she pretty much took my head off about how shitty my apartment looked, I think I laughed for five minutes straight as she ranted.

We sat in a few minutes of silence - listening to the soft sounds of MGMT spill out from my sound system that was under the TV in my living room.

“What's your favorite color, Halvo?” She asked softly, playing with the strings on my guitar, lightly strumming them as she spoke.

“Electric blue.” I replied as a childlike grin appeared across my features.

“Lime green, for the win.” She replied as she tossed my acoustic guitar at me.

“Fine, just try to fucking kill me, Mint,” I said shocked as I caught the guitar. She giggled softly, putting her hand over her open mouth and I found myself reaching for her arm to pull her hand from her mouth full of straight teeth. “You are so damn beautiful.” I whispered looking up at her glistening eyes.

“No,” She shook her head – a blush could be spotted upon her cheeks. She leaned down and pressed a firm kiss upon my lips as I put my hands on her hips and tugged her off the couch. She landed on top of me, straddling my hips as she rocked back and forth as she kissed me. I inwardly groaned at her doing this, my kisses becoming more greedy.

I propped my body up by my elbows as my palms were firmly pressed into her hips - her shirt slipped up and my hands welcomed the bare skin underneath. I began to slowly trace the bones underneath her skin on her hips and she moaned softly into my open mouth. I sat up underneath her and began to suck at her bare throat, her fingers slipping through my locks - she started to tug softly in places as she did this my teeth grazed against her throat.

“Eric,” Her voice was rough and laced with emotion as she whispered into my ear and I felt a rush of warmth travel down towards my lower region.

I let her throat go and started to nibble on her earlobe, “I love you.” I admitted happily.

She froze, and got up, leaving me on the floor thinking I did something terrible.

“Mint, what's.. wrong?” I questioned, puzzled at her actions – a few seconds ago she was just as into what we were doing as I was.

“You can't!” She yelled, throwing her hands in the air - I got up as she spoke and stood in front of her, my hands cupping her face.

“But I do, Mint, dammit - I love you.” Frustration was clear in my voice as I pulled her into me, wrapping my lanky awkward arms around her. “I don't care what happens, I just know that I fucking love you.” I kissed the crown of her head.

I pulled her over to the couch and sat down, my legs sprawled out with her in between them, her head on my chest, “I need to know.. if you feel what I'm feeling too, Mint.” I said, while I played with her small hands.

“I'm scared.” She whimpered.

“I am too, baby.” I replied.