If Any

Love is Long Gone

Well, well, well.
No, I'm not falling down a well. Well, maybe figuratively, but it happens.

To start off, I'm Anteros. That beautiful devil/angel that is Returned Love. And the Avenger of Unrequited Love, but that is kind of implied, you know.

It's not so much that I hand out love I leave that to my brother, Eros, you've heard of him, everyone has. He's Cupid, heh, stupid Cupid, brings back memories. Although he's not a little cute child in a diaper, he's a full grown man in a suit and tie and refuses to admit that the world needs him, so basically he's a bastard.

But that's not got anything to do with this story, yes I do ramble. Well... Okay nothing to do with that at all.

Let us start with the begining. I am an old god/goddess, whichever I so choose. Lately I've been wandering around the streets watching.

Watching everything.

I chose to stand by the other day and watch this man get mugged, he didn't die, or I would've intervined, would've got yelled at too. Anyway, this man was left on the street and the first thing he thought of was his wife, his kids, and how much he loved them. It caught me off guard. Here was this man who was in the position of losing his identity and his money, everyone else I had watched immediately called someone and cancelled things, but this man was worried about his family. I followed him home after talking to another such as myself. When he got there he quickly explained to his wife what had happened and hugged her. She had tears in her eyes and I sensed guilt. She was thinking about the man she had slept with two weeks ago, but she was also thinking about ending the affair, and apparently this had made it more of a priority.

Didn't exactly strike me as loving and it kinda made me think bad thoughts about her.

Strife appeared beside me and handed me a wallet.

"Whoa, Tero, gonna give out some vengeance?" He said.

I noticed the sword forming in my hand, "No." I said and the sword diappeared.

He handed me the wallet and turned to go.

"Strife." I said rather threatening, if I do say so myself.

The son of Eris turned, "But the gold ones are so shiny."

I held out my hand and he handed me two gold credit cards.

"Thank you." I said as I turned toward the house.

As he left I walked to the front door and slid the wallet through the mail slot.

That was three weeks ago. I've been thinking about it ever since.

But more recently someone was asking about me. Me, Anteros, the god of Returned Love. I didn't wish to go to him, but he was persistent. First he'd just kind of asked around the internet. Then as others told him that I was real, he called to me. More or less yelled. Yelled the fucking wrong name too. I am not AntiErotic! Ugh, mortals try my patience.

Then I heard a sorry followed by... by a sacrifice. I am, if you can't tell, just a bit embarassed. No one's sacrificed anything or called to me in years. By the way, he sacrificed a hamster. So, I ignored him. The next day he appologized, sacrificed a cat and told me his name.

So I went to him.

Mainly 'cause I figured he might end up sacrificing something bigger everyday, and then maybe, just maybe a human would be the next thing. It wasn't because he's Synyster Gates, honestly, I don't know what Avenged Sevenfold is... eh.