Status: In Progress!

Relationships Are Like Rollercoasters

Chapter 7: Let the War Begin

Pepper sighed as she blew her black hair out of her face.

She was in math class; the most boring class ever. Pepper is really good in this class; it is easy for her to grasp. That’s why it’s so boring.

Her eyes began to wander around the classroom though she already knows what was on the walls. She didn’t notice that someone was watching her; it was Danny. He was lightly smiling at her; thinking how pretty her hair looked with it hitting her glasses. He bit his lip curious if he could ask her out for the dance.

He glared down at the blank piece of paper that he was supposed to be writing notes. But, he was watching Pepper writing down the notes diligently.

‘I know what to do,’ he thought.

His eyes glanced at the teacher to make sure she wasn’t looking. He started writing something then he glanced to see what Pepper was doing. He ripped part of the paper and he made it into a ball. He gently threw it at Pepper to get her attention.

“Psst!” he whispered at her.

Pepper turned around to see who threw the paper wad at her. She was surprised to find out that it was Danny.

“Hey,” he whispered; he threw another paper.

Pepper rolled her eyes as she was smiling; she didn’t know why but she just couldn’t stop smiling. She read the paper that said:
would you like to go to the dance with me?
It had two answers already written:
yes?? or no?

She thought it was cute. She glanced back before making a decision; he had the most adorable puppy dong face in the world.

Pepper grinned, she nodded her head ‘yes’ which made Danny start to grin.

Pepper was happy but they didn’t know that someone was watching them. And that someone was glaring at Danny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ glanced at the poster in front of her; it was the dance poster.

“Seriously? They copied the name from Sonny with a Chance!” explains DJ.

The dance was called ‘A Night in the Clouds’. It is a week from Friday. Which was today.
Pepper was standing next to DJ; they are both going to lunch which the poster was on the wall before going into the cafeteria.

“I know, why do they copy stuff?” asked Pepper.

DJ started laughing as they headed into the cafeteria. Cindy and Christian were sittin at the usual table talking away. He was whispering something into her ear that made her giggle. He lightly kissed her neck.

DJ and Pepper ignored this; Christian always showers Cindy with kisses, and she wanted it no other way.

“So are you going?” asked DJ. She glanced at Pepper, curious, while she opened her lunch box.

“Yeah,” answered Pepper, trying to hide the blush that is creeping up on her cheeks.

DJ was in awe; she put down her food, “Who are you going with?”

“Danny,” confessed Pepper as she took a big bite of her juicy red apple.

“Not even!” DJ said as she smiled widely.

“Yeah.”

“That’s great, Pep!” DJ said; she started eating her pickle first.

They started eating in silence when a boy came up to the table. He had blonde hair, brown eyes that sparkled; he was looking at the ground; he looked really, really nervous.

“Hi, Jeremy!” DJ said while looking at him. His lips started moving but nothing came out.

DJ looked at Pepper; Pepper shrugged her shoulders and didn’t understand what he was trying to say.

“Um, sorry but what are you trying to say?” asked DJ.

He pointed his finger up as if to say one or hold on one second.

“First word!” yelled Pepper. She loved this game.

Jeremy pointed to DJ and them himself.

“Huh?” said a confused Pepper.

He started mouthing words then he was dancing a little. DJ was confused, then all of a sudden Pepper yelled, “Oh, oh, oh! He’s asking if you want to go to the dance with him!”

“Aww! Yes I would love to,” answered DJ, while getting up out of her seat to hug him.

Pepper was smiling; both, not noticing, two guys standing with their food; with two broken hearts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So who was that?” Justin asked sittin next to DJ at the lunch table.

“What? Oh! That was Jeremy. You know him he’s in our art class,” DJ said sipping her water.

“What did he want?” Justin asked again, drinking his chocolate milk.

“He asked me to the dance next week,” DJ said simply.

“Why you all paranoid, Justin?” Pepper asked him, “You jealous?”

The group laughed, except for Justin and Ryan.

“No!” he snapped.

The table got quiet. But Christian broke the silence, “So I take it we all are going to the dance?”

“Yeah,” DJ and Pepper said.

Justin and Ryan played with their food; they had lost their appetite.

“What’s wrong you guys?” Cindy asked them.

Justin grunted and Ryan said, “Nothing, we just have a lot on our mind and we gotta go sorry.”

They stood and threw away the rest of their food, heading out of the cafeteria.

“Well, that was weird,” Christian said.

“Yeah,” DJ said sadly as her and Pepper gave each other a look.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin and Ryan walked out of the cafeteria in a huff.

“What are we gonna do?” Ryan asked.

“We could always get our own dates,” Justin suggested.

“Hey! Maybe that would make Pepper and DJ jealous! Since they managed to make us jealous!” Ryan said.

“Well, ok, but who are we gonna ask to get them really jealous?” Justin asked.
Down at the end of the hallway by the lockers, were Summer and Meagan, and their group of minions.

Summer and Meagan supposedly had already lost their virginity and were known all over the school as the school sluts; aka school b!tches and so on.

Ryan gave him a look of ‘there’s your answer’ and Justin said, “No! Come on! That even goes against all I’ve ever said!” he protested.

“But it’s so gonna work! And come on all you have to do is bat those pretty eyelashes of yours and flash that smile and they are so gonna give in!” Ryan said.

“You do not know how gay you just sounded,” Justin said with a look of ‘you’re stupid’ on his face.

“You know I’m right!” Ryan said as he pushed Justin towards the group and so they swaggered towards them.

“Hello ladies,” Ryan said smoothly.

And so began the flirting, the dancing, and the jealousy we were talking about in the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was fun writing!!
LoveShawty finished the rest of the chapter but I enjoyed writing this!
I was watching avator last night while writing this. Haha lol.
And the new characters, Danny, he looks like Daniel Booke and Jeremy looks like kenton duty. :)
Please comment and subscribe!!
It's your turn Sarah! :D