Sequel: A New Beginning

The Life I Never Knew I Had

The Life I Never Knew I Had Chapter 22

I tiptoed out of my room and down stairs.
Once at the front door I slipped on my sneakers and pulled up my hood.
It was practically storming outside.
I opened the door and slipped outside, making sure the door didn’t slam. I quickly ran over to Ryan, who was waiting for me in the rental car he had managed to get this morning, and got into the passengers seat.
He looked over at me and smiled. “Ready?”
I sat there for a while. “I still can’t believe we’re doing this,” I muttered.
After I told Ryan that I wanted to run away with him, he took action and didn’t let me think twice about it. We just packed what was needed and now, here we are. At one o’clock at night in the purring rain.
“Just think about how happy we’ll be,” Ryan said kissing me.
I smiled and rested my hand on his hairy cheek.
He pulled away and smiled.
“Okay, let’s get out of here,” I said smiling.
Ryan stared up the car and quickly left the house.
“I hope Lance remembers to cover our tracks,” he said as we headed out of the forest.
Ryan had told Lance about our plan. He reassured me that we could trust him. Lance turned out to be a great help. If Damien and Elliott went looking for us Lance would let us know ahead of time, so we could think of a plan before they found us.
“He wouldn’t let us down now,” I said relaxing into the car seat.
Ryan took my hand and held it as he drove.
“It’s going to be a long car ride,” he warned me.
I nodded my head as I closed my eyes. Moments later Ryan turned on the radio and played with the stations until he found a good one to listen to.
*****
I slowly opened my eyes and looked out the window.
“Where are we?”
“Maryland; we’re headed to you’re parents place,” he said yawning. “They’re letting us stay there for a day or two. But we can’t stay long. That is the first place father will look for us”.
“Okay,” I said looking at the time. It was ten o’clock on Saturday morning.
“Have you been driving non stop?” I asked worried.
“Yeah,” Ryan said chuckling. “I pulled over around six and took a little nap”.
“Pull over, I’ll drive,” I said taking off my seat belt. “We have at least an hour left still to drive”.
Without much of a fight, Ryan pulled over and got out of the car. I crawled into the driver’s seat and waited for him to get in the car.
“Ready?” I asked smiling at him.
“Yes ma’am,” he said closing his eyes.
I smiled and drove the car back on the highway.
Ryan slept for most of the ride, while I sang along to the radio, quietly.
Three hours later, we were at my parents’ house. Ryan slowly woke up and stretched as I parked our car in the driveway.
He smiled at me before leaning over to kiss me gently. I smiled at him and honked the horn.
Ryan and I climbed out the car as I popped the trunk. My parents rushed out the house waving to us.
I smiled and ran over to them and hugged them tightly before kissing their cheeks.
“It’s so nice to have you back home,” my mom said.
“It’s nice to be home,” I smiled.
Ryan hugged then as well and they welcomed him to the family.
My siblings pilled out of the house and hugged both Ryan and I, before helping us unpack.
“Are you hungry, thirsty? What can I help you with?” my mom asked ushering Ryan and I into the kitchen.
“I think we just need a little rest ma,” I said looking at Ryan.
“We’ll be down in time for dinner, we also have to talk about our plans,” Ryan said.
“Sounds like a plan,” my dad said smiling at us.
“See you around six,” my mom said.
Ryan and I hurried up stairs and into my old bed room.
“This is where it all took place huh?” I said walking around.
“What are you talking about?” Ryan asked holding my waist.
“You kidnapping me,” I said facing him.
“Oh, right,” he chuckled. “I’ve been watching you before the kidnapping”.
“What?”
He chuckled. “Not in a perverted way, I just need to study you, what you did, what your schedule was like, stuff like that. I never peeped on you, even though I wanted too”.
I gave him a look.
“What? You’re hot,” he said holding me close to him.
I giggled and kissed him, holding him closer to me. Ryan tightened his grip around me and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and ran my fingers through his hair. Ryan laid me down on my bed as we kissed, rather passionately.
I had to say, it felt nice being able to kiss him without worrying about getting caught.
I felt him poking through his pants as he laid on top of me. I smiled and nibbled his lower lip. Ryan moaned softly and quickly took off his shirt.
I pulled away, slightly out of breath, “Not here”.
“I figured you didn’t want to lose it with your parents down stairs,” he whispered.
I chuckled. “You know me so well”.
Ryan kissed me again before rolled off of me. We cuddled together and quickly fell asleep.