‹ Prequel: Looking for a Lifeline
Sequel: Me or the Music?
Status: Coming Along Nicely :)

You're Not Alone.

19

*Third Person POV*

Her heart ached as she brushed out her knotted, freshly washed hair. It hadn't been washed in four days, since the hospital. She blew it dry, and straightened it out. Clipping her side bangs back with a small black bow to the side of her face. She applied concealer, blush, lipstick, eyeliner, and waterproof mascara to her face. Her nails were painted black, with a shining coat of gloss over them.

She walked out of the bathroom in a towel, her entire body feeling the effects of no sleep and constant crying. Her legs ached, her arms could barely stay up to wash her hair. But she did it, for her Oma.

Marie pulled the hanger out of the closet, the one that hung up her knee length black dress. She let her toweld fall to the floor as she placed it on the bed. She stepped into a pair of black underwear and a matching black bra. Over it she slid on a slip to keep away the static, whatever there may be, and a pair of skin colored nylons. After she pulled on the dress, smoothing out whatever wrinkles there were, over her body.

She reached to the back and zipped it up, sliding it right to the top. She fixed the sleeves, they were long, and wiggled her arms as she looked at herself in the mirror. She wiped her brimming eyes. She didn't want to start crying yet, or she'd never stop. Marie took her black flats from the closet and slipped them over her nylon covered feet. She stared in the mirror on her dresser.

"I want these ones..." She mumbled to herself as she picked up a pair of earrings that her Oma had bought her on her sixteenth birthday. She secured the backings on and placed a necklace around her neck, it had belonged to her Oma and had been left to her particularly.

It had a rose with a heart shaped petal, the rose was a deep blood red, while the rest of the necklace was white gold. She fixed it on her neck and looked back into her full length mirror over on the other wall.

"There. Ready." Her words were meant as a comfort to herself, but hearing her voice scared her. She didn't know who that was, why she was so quiet.

"Marlee, are you ready?"

She turned to the door and nodded at Brandon. He came over and took her hand, she couldn't stop thinking how grown up he looked in his black tux, he'd always looked grown up since he was older than her, but now even more so.

The siblings walked slowly down the stairs into the room full of family and friends. Marie gulped down the tears and forced a small smile as Jello and Gabe walked over, wrapping an arm around each side of her waist.

"We're here, with tissues." Gabe whispered as he patted his pocket. Marie couldn't help but let out a small, barely audible laugh at his actions. She was truly glad to have them at her side. She owed her life to Angelo, because she had been silly to think ending her life was going to make it better. She needed to live for more than just herself now. Eric wanted her to have a happy life, and so did her Oma. She would have loved Matt, had she had the chance to meet him. That sent Marie's mind elsewhere, off the path her feet were walking towards the car, bringing her body to the funeral of the one woman she shared more with in her life than anyone.

~*~*~

"Dude!" Zack shouted and ran over to John.

"What?" John asked, stopping his conversation with Brian.

"You wanna know something?" Zack bounced up and down.

John gave him a stern look, as if he was much older and thought it childish of Zack to be happy. "Go away." John mumbled "Why are you so happy?"

Zack calmed down almost immediatly at the tone of his voice. John was usually funny, happy, always smiling. Zack figured they'd get along perfect. "What's going on?" He asked.

Brian looked up at his friend and sighed "Marie's grandmother passed away a few days ago."

"What?" Zack asked, his face dropping "I'm sorry... I... I didn't know."

"Yah, we were trying to figure out the best time to tell, if we were gunna. I mean... like it matters to you guys." John shrugged as Lora walked in "Lor, how'd uhm-"

"Shut up John." She grunted and fussed her hair into a ponytail, cussing at it.

"Thanks." Johny murmured and kicked his feet up "So are we still doing the black thing tonight?"

Lora stared at him, then down at her all black outfit "No. I just felt like dressing in black because it's such a fucking god damn happy color, idiot." She hissed. She was angry for more than one reason. Because she told Matt the real reason Eric killed himself, when Marie didn't even know, the fact she made him upset, and the fact her best friend was on the other side of the country in so much pain and Lora couldn't even help her herself.

"Something crawled up your ass, you never curse." John observed as she hastily poured herself some coffee.

She whipped around, the men were surprised she didn't spill her coffee "YA' THINK?!" She shouted, each one of the guys could feel their blood go cold. Zack and Brian had never been so scared since Corinne last yelled at them over two years ago "My best friend is across the damn country, probably broken and... and... I DON'T EVEN KNOW! And I'm not there to help her! God you guys suck!" She sighed and sat down.

Matt walked into the bus and held his phone out to Lora "She wants to talk to you."

Lora stared at him, her eyes asking what he'd told her. He shook his head and shoved the phone more at her "Hey."

"Hi." Marie's voice was broken, cracked, and Lora knew it wasn't a good thing.

"Babe, it was today wasn't it?" She bit her lip as she could just tell Marie nodded "We're all there in spirit, trust us." Her mind wandered between telling Marie or not, about Eric. But she'd gone so long without knowing, that it wasn't meant to be known.

"Ok.. I just wanted to let you know I'm gunna come see the last show ok? I can't sing it, I don't think I would make it through... but I wanna see the last set ok?" She asked, her voice feigning strong.

"Alright. You know where it is right?" Lora asked.

"Yah... well I'll see you then ok?"

"Yeah, see you then babe. Love you forever and always, bye."

"Bye love you."

Lora hung Matt's phone up and handed it to him "You know right?" She asked.

He sat down and nodded "She's moving in with me."

"Riiiight." Lora nodded and tapped her chin.

"Do you trust me yet?" He asked.

She stared at him, her eyes scanning his face "Why do you care if I trust you or not? You're a rockstar, what's the oppinion of some chick from the East Coast matter?"

"You're my girlfriend's best friend. The most influentual person in her life. Of course I care." He laughed "So what can I do to earn your trust?"

Lora tapped her chin again "Nothing. Because if she trusts you, then I trust you... I guess. I mean... of course I'll always be worried about my Marlee. But I guess." She smirked and looked him over "You'll take care of her."

"That I will, Lora. That I will." He smiled wide "I'm glad I'm earning your trust, your trust, not just because Marie trusts me."

"Yah, slowly." She laughed and crossed her legs "I'm just still worried... she sounds like a mess. And if she's anywhere near as depressed as she was before, she's not going to be the same."
♠ ♠ ♠
We're getting close to the end :( The end end, as in... no more :(