‹ Prequel: Looking for a Lifeline
Sequel: Me or the Music?
Status: Coming Along Nicely :)

You're Not Alone.

18

(Two weeks later)

"How's my baby girl? Have you been well?"

I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I sat down next to her bed, her old, feeble hands wrapping tightly around my own. I nodded with a teary smile "I've been great, Oma. How do you feel? Any better than last week?" I asked.

She took a shaky breath, her light blue eyes moving from mine to my mom's "Hast du es ihr sagen?" (Have you told her?)

I sighed "Oma. Ich hore dich." (Grandma. I hear you.)

She looked up at me with teary eyes now, causing mine to spill over "Oh meine Puppe!" (Oh my doll!) "I love you, be a good girl for your Mother." She kissed my hand, her lips rough against my skin. I sniffled and shook my head.

"Ich liebe dich so sehr." (I love you so much.) "Please... stay here." I whispered as her eyes shut. "Oma, Oma..." I shook her hand a little.

I felt hands on my shoulders and looked down "Baby.."

"No no... No!" I sobbed as everyone began crying. The room was was covered by a soft wave of sobs. "Oma, I love you.."

"Ich liebe dich auch. Ich lieve dich, Puppe." (I love you, too. I love you, doll.)

Her breath slowed and I could see her eyes move to a different place. My breath hitched in my throat and I stood up, I couldn't watch this. I stood and left the room, wiping my eyes furiously as I leaned against the wall outisde of the room. Nurses and doctors rushed into the room and I slid down to the floor as people cried, sobbed, I could hear my Mother half screaming no doubt, into my father's chest.

I brought my knees up to my chest and looked at the ceiling "Ich liebe dich..." I whispered and covered my face, letting tears coat my palms. I felt my cell phone vibrating against my pocket and ignored it. I didn't want to talk, I couldn't talk. I knew I'd cry. I just lost my closest relative... my Oma.

"Marie.."

I looked up as Brandon sat down next to me, his eyes red with tears but he wasn't crying any. I sighed and moved into his open arms "Bran... I want her back."

"Me too, sis, me too." He whispered into my hair, I could now feel his tears falling onto my shoulder. But I sat there, none the less, and let my brother soak up my tears, my sadness, my pain. He was the ultimate emotional sponge.

~*~*~

*Matt's POV*

"She didn't answer." Lora announced as she closed her phone.

"Well duh, she was going in to see Oma an hour ago. I doubt she's left yet." John shrugged.

"I hope she's ok." I sighed "You guys said they were close?"

They nodded "Like as close as you can get. Marie would spend hours over there, days during the summer. They even had inside jokes." I could see the pain in Lora's eyes. For being such a tough bitch, she got upset over things easily.

"Well tour's over in two weeks!" John announced, trying to lighten the mood a little "And then we get to go see Marlee."

"Yep." Grant smiled a little "We get to see our girl again.. and get her vocals back. Because she sings right."

Lora smacked his arm.

"The lights are out and I barely know you, it's going up while the place is going do-"

"Hello?" Lora answered her cell phone. Her face darkened, her smile faded, her eyes shot to the floor "Oh my god, Babe... Sweetheart, I'm so sorry... shh shh, it'll be alrigh-... God... where's Brand? Hun go get him ok? No... Don't.." Her voice was more frantic. We were all staring with afraid expressions as she stood up and paced "I swear to God, Marlee... Where the fuck is Brandon!?.. .GO GET HIM! Jello, oh god that Heaven! What's going on?" Lora paused, biting her lip as someone talked on the other end "Dear God... thank you for being there Jell, yah, ok. Well don't let her out of your sights ok? Thanks... yah you too, ok give her a three hours hug for me. Bye." She hug up her phone and sat down on the couch, staring at the wall for a few minutes.

"OK! What happened? Is Marlee ok?" Grant asked "I can't wait any more."

Lora stared at him "Did that sound like she was ok?"

"Uhm.... no?" John asked with a scared expression.

"God... that girl will be the death of me I swear to God, if there was a backup vocalist for the backup vocalist I'd fly to Boston right now..." She looked at me, then quick back to Grant and John "Her Oma died and... she's a mess, for a fact. Jello walked in just as she told me she was..." Her voice choked "Was.." She shook her head fast and wiped her eyes "God I never wanted to be around someone as crazy as much before. She was going to kill herself."

"WHAT?!" Everyone screamed "Marlee? Wha-... Marlee..." Grant looked at the floor "But Jello came in right?"

"Yeah she-" Lora was cut off by her phone again "Hey babe.. Yeah, I know I know, it's alright. Don't worry hun, shhh it's ok. I'm not mad, they're not mad.. No, he's fine." She glanced at me a little as I sat there and let everything sink in "Oh... he probably left it in his bunk or something," She made a phone sign to me and I smacked my head.

"It's on my bus." I mouthed to her.

"He's on here yah, oh yah.." She laughed a little and looked at me "That's what she just said... Yep, oh no babe it's ok." She turned her attention back to Marie "Well if you want, you can just eat Jello... No I don't believe he'd mind." Grant and John looked from Lora to me and back again "Oh no no, not that Jello! Jeesh! I mean the jiggly... oh well I guess. The food, love. Not the man. Oh yes, I do believe he'd mind that. Ok well take care of yourself babe, we'll be back around before you know it ok? And I'll bring you candy and lots of yummy things... Oh you're still pure evil! Ok hun, really, take it easy. Bye." She hung up and Grant laughed "SHUT UP! You know I didn't mean that!"

"What?" I asked.

"She told Marlee to eat Jello. Meaning the food Jello. But we have a friend, Angelo, that we call Jello. Marlee thought Lora meant eat HIM." John laughed "Lora you should have known. But anywho, how is she now?"

"She was sorry for what she did, and I told her just not to do it again. She says she can't wait 'till we come back... But I have a bad feeling..." She bit her lip a little.

"About what?" I asked.

"She's going to be a mess." Grant sighed "Is it bad that I want to hide from her now?"

Lora threw a pillow at his head "Grant."

"I know! I'll tackle her and hug her. She can't be sad when we're around, you make her laugh." He pointed at Lora "Because you make sex jokes about Jello."

"I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!" Lora groaned "You immature people!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Marie :(