The seven worst ways to die...

Waking up

My stomach felt like it was going to throw up when I hit a soft padded area. Upon touching the ground however it was cold like ice. Then there was flashing, as if some one was flicking the light switch on and off. Thats when I heard it. A loud echo of foot steps, then it came to an abrupt stop.
I can't tell where I am . One second I was in ICU and then bam! I was here in the middle of who knows where.
"Hello, Melia." A voice echoed in the emptiness.
I was now sure that she was either crazy or dead. Dead is my first guess.
"Umm...hi. Where am I o' freaky-voice-from-above?" I asked a little nervous.
"Your at the 'imbetween.' The voice answered blankly.
"Sorry but I don't know what an 'imbetween' is." I was confused; I didn't like it.
"It is the place where souls who are not dead, but not alive go. It means your body isn't giving up...yet." The gruff voice said.
"You can't be dead and alive. It is impossible!" I was aggravated she wanted to know what was happening! The voice had said yet. Did he know what was happening?
"On the contrary miss! Look at yourself. You have looked like that for an hour or so.” A large wall illuminated with a live video of her. She was in ICU, with a needle in her arm hooked up to a bag of blood. Her heart beat line every so often bouncing up.
“No…get me out of here!” Melia screamed in anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
once again short i know might be a long next chapter