Status: Completed. Sequel is up

The Only Thing That Should Matter Is Us

Potions

“Hey no other seats with Slytherin are open; mind if I sit with you?” asked Nott standing in front of my desk.

I smiled; “Not at all” I told him.

He smiled sitting next to me. “So where’s lover boy?” he asked.

“Divination” I said scoffing.

He chuckled; “So you transferred here from France right?” he asked.

I nodded; “That’s cool; I remember when they visited two years ago but I don’t remember you,” he said flirting with me.

I laughed; “I didn’t come that year; half the school stayed back in France with no headmistress” I said.

He nodded knowing what I meant.

“Alright today we will be transforming the feathers in front of you into flowers” Professor McGonagall said walking into the room.

“All you do is say “Flos Exorior” she said swishing her wand over the flower at the front of the room. “And for extra credit if you manage to transform the flower into something unique” she said before walking back to her desk.

It took me a few minutes to get it but I got it once the feather turned into a lily.

“For my gorgeous partner” Nott said putting a red rose in front of me.

I smiled; “Thanks” I said before Leah turned to me; “So I was thinking for the first party tonight we get ready together?” she asked.

“That’d be great; I need your opinion on a few outfits,” I said.

The classroom door opened and a brunette walked in. “Ms. Kcomt any reason for your tardiness?” McGonagall asked seriously.

“Professor Snape was changing a few things in my schedule,” she said handing her a note.

“Well the partners are already paired up so just join Ms. Leighton and Mr. Nott,” she said heading back to her desk as the brunette walked up to me.

“Aren’t you Leila’s cousin?” Nott asked.

“Ya” she said as she sat down at the extra seat at our table.

“Amanda this is Juliet; Juliet this is Amanda” Nott said introducing us to get rid of the awkward silence.

I smiled at her fakely; “I have a question,” she said looking at me.

I looked at her; “Is your smile just as fake as your hair?” she asked making the Slytherin side of the room go quiet.

“I could say the same thing about your chest,” I said simply not looking moved on the outside but in the inside, I was furious.

“Oh they’re real alright; not like yours though” she said back quickly.

I laughed; “Sweetie you just messed with the wrong blonde” I said.

“That’s all you’re going to do? Threaten me?” she asked smiling.

I smiled; “Just wait till we’re in the common room,” I warned her before getting up just as the bell rang.

“I’ll see you later,” Leah said to Blaise before leaving with me quickly.

“Who was that?” I asked her.

“New girl from America” she answered.

I nodded thinking of what I could do to her.

“What’s wrong with her?” Draco asked Leah at my silence.

“New American girl” she stated simply.

“I heard about that,” he murmured.

“Love; don’t be upset we all know nothing of yours is fake” he said his hand on my knee.

I smiled looking at him; “I’m not upset; just planning something,” I said.

He nodded looking back at the front of the room as Sloughorn walked in. He started giving instructions on how the first class of the term was on rules.

“You love me right?” I asked him quietly.

“Of course; you know that” he said looking at me.

“And since you love me you would do me a favor?” I asked him.

He nodded; “Just name it,” he said.

“Go out with the American bitch” I told him.

He looked at me as if I was crazy. “What? Why?” he asked.

“To break her heart, and let her look pathetic.” I said smiling.

He shook his head; “Are you sure?” he asked.

“Love. If I wasn’t sure about this I wouldn’t be asking you.” I reminded him.

“Fine” he sighed agreeing.

I smiled kissing his cheek before taking his hand in mine; “Just don’t get jealous and mad at me” he warned me as I doodled on paper.

“I won’t just make it seem believable,” I warned him.

“I’ll still get to be with you right?” he asked.

I nodded; “In private” I said.

“But that means I have to be with someone” I told him slowly.

He tensed up; “No” he said simply.

“But I want to hurt her” I whined.

“That doesn’t mean you have to be with someone else,” he pointed out.

“But if I don’t get together with someone else then it’ll look weird” I told him.

“No” he repeated.

I sighed; “Fine then” I said pouting.

He looked at me and sighed; “Fine; just don’t go all the way with him,” he said.

I gasped playfully; “I would never,” I said laughing.

He chuckled; “Promise?” He asked.

I nodded; “I love you; not anybody else” I reminded him.

He nodded kissing my cheek; “Ah young love. Mr. Malfoy Ms. Leighton keep the relationship display outside of my class room” the professor said interrupting the class.

“Sorry Professor; it won’t happen again” I said.

He nodded before going back to the speech.

“Ms. Leighton you wouldn’t be related to the French wizard Hugh Leighton? The one who invented Portkeys so many years ago?” he asked.

I smiled; “That was my great-great-great grandfather through my mother’s side of the family,” I said.

“And wasn’t he related to the Anne Leighton who made the cure for Scrofungulus?” he asked interested in my mother’s side of the family.

“Yes my aunt” I answered smiling.

“Did she not attend here to Hogwarts?” He asked deeply interested.

“Yes; she talks about how she enjoyed being in Slytherin when you taught it” I said.

“Oh she talks about me?” he asked even more pleased.

“She said that you were favorite teacher,” I said.

“I’ll have to write a letter to her soon; maybe come and talk to my classes for a day” he offered.

“She’d be pleased,” I said.

He nodded excitedly; “Great” he said before going to torment some Gryffindor.

“Didn’t know your family came to Hogwarts,” he said.

I laughed; “How do you think my parent’s met?” I asked him.

He shook his head as he went to think.