Well, I Feel That This Is an Explosion

1, 2, 3, 4; tell me that you love me more.

A few months had passed, none more eventful than the other. William and I weren't together. Yes, we had tried it, but it only lasted a week before it leaked out and Kylie yelped "aw" every time she laid eyes on us. That had gotten annoying, so we decided to informally break up. The Academy Is... were scheduled to play warped tour. The news almost killed me, I couldn't last that long without him. Oh boohoo.

That day before he left killed me. It was the worst. I remember it perfectly.

--

His fingers tangled with mine, hand tense as we laid in the grass in the backyard of Adam's house. Nothing could be heard except for our quickly paced heartbeats and the music playing from inside the house. The night sky was a bluish black, the stars tiny pinpricks in it. The warm air enveloped us. William's voice suddenly cracked the silence.
"Remember way back when I first kissed you?" he asked softly, rolling over so he faced me. I smiled slightly, nodding.
"I'm going to miss you so fucking much," I whispered sadly, as his hand found mine again.
"Come with me then," he said, pulling me tight against him.
"Bill…I can't…" I sighed.
"Please, Kellee," he begged, his voice tainted with sadness. I pressed my lips to his.
"I can't, William," I said when I pulled away. He untangled himself from me and sat up.
"At least come see us when we play Chicago?" he asked.
"I already promised you that I would," I said. He turned and gave a sad smile and lay back down next to me. His long hair framed his perfect face, and he moved it aside and leant forward to push his lips against mine. The sound of a door opening startled us, making us separate.
"Don't you guys wanna come back in yet?" we heard Tom yell. I sighed, knowing this was the last bit of time I had with William before he left. We both stood up, and his arm slipped around my waist as we walked inside. Music blasted from a stereo in a corner, and people were scattered all over the place. Familiar faces and not so familiar ones greeted us as we made our way towards the couch in the living room. It was in use, and I don't exactly feel like saying what was going taking place on it. William led me out of the house again and out onto the front steps. He pulled me into a hug, and pressed his lips to my forehead.
"Let's go home," he whispered, taking my hand and leading me to the car. The ride home was silent. It was quiet as we walked into Kylie's apartment. It was empty, and the lights were all out. I turned on the light and kicked off my shoes, letting out a yawn. Bill gently pushed me towards the couch, and laid me down. He took the space next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head into my neck. We both fell asleep in our clothes, too lazy to change.

--

The next morning, I woke up alone. I glanced at the clock, which read 12 pm. Shit. I missed William. His flight left 15 minutes earlier. I sat up, glancing around. A note was on the table beside the couch. I picked it up, reading it to myself.

Hello, my love.
It's just about to hit 11 am and I need to be at Andy's house right about now. I didn't wake you because you looked too peaceful and pretty to be woken. I left you breakfast on the table if Kylie hasn't eaten it yet. I love you and I'll miss you a lot. Don't forget to come see us in Chicago.
Love,
William.


That boy was always writing poetic little notes instead of waking me up. I was madly in love with him and I couldn't help it. I pulled myself to my feet, and decided to go see if the breakfast was still there. Yum, pancakes. They were devoured in about 5 minutes. They tasted like heaven. This is why you fall in love with amazing pancake makers. I could live off of them. I traced hearts with my fork in the leftover syrup on the plate.

Part of my real heart was tugging at me. I missed him already.