Status: The chapters are in the process of being rewritten, so the second chapter does not match the first chapter.

Hero vs. Villain

Breaking News

"Breaking News: The building behind me is what is left of Wayne Enterprises latest hotel. We believe that it was purposely destroyed, but by who is still a question. The Gotham Fire Department is still trying to rescue people from the lower levels of the building. So far, only about 150 of the 700 people staying at the Wayne Enterprises Hotel have been saved. Experts say that this could be the work of the Joker or his female equivalent that has also been causing chaos thought the city for the past few weeks, but the only evidence is the joker cards cascading down the building. The destruction is devastating.”

Just hearing his name infuriated me. It made me want to punch something or kill someone. After what he did to me I think I would have all right to do all of the above.

Flashback

Pushing my sunglasses to the top of my head, I winced painfully as the sun glared cruelly off the doors of the bank.

Entering the building everything seemed normal, so routine. I stood in the back of the formed line waiting to be serviced. It was almost Christmas and I had some shopping to do before I was to attend the biggest party of the year. I was personally invited to attend said party hanging from the arm of the famous Bruce Wayne, Gotham’s most eligible bachelor.

I smiled as I began to sing softy myself, inching forward in the line. My life seemed to be perfect; I didn’t even mind the long line in front of me. I just couldn’t wait to see all of Gotham’s finest twirling around on the ballroom floor, especially since I was now one of them.

That’s when everything went downhill. A van barreled through the doors of the bank as men in masks baring guns ran out firing. “Everyone on the ground!” Yelled one of the masked men, brandishing a shotgun.

Time froze seemed to freeze; all I could focus on was the purple suit among the gun fire and screams of those around me. This was bad, very, very bad. If the Joker was here this would surely end in death for everyone; even me.

I turned my gaze to the other unlucky people in the bank; they were all cowering in a corner praying for their lives. I then turn my attention back to the Joker, finally realizing all attention was turned on me. Turns out the Joker has been talking to me this entire time.

“Well ladies and gentle-man it looks like we have ourselves a hero.” He let out a cynical laugh as he pulled me to my feet, knife in hand; my heart was pounding. It was too late to pray for my life now all I could do was hope for a quick and painless death.

“You know what they say; you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” With that said I pulled the can of mace from my purse and proceeded to spray the Joker right in the eyes.

It wasn’t long until I was fighting with one of his goons in all attempts to get the gun out of his hands. The adrenaline pumping through my veins must have given me super strength, because the fight ended with the masked criminal on the ground with a broken nose and me pointing the heavy shot gun straight into the chest of the Joker.

My hands shook horribly as I tried to hold the gun steady, I was looking straight into the eyes of death and I was embracing it. I was going to go down with a bang, as ironically literal as that may be. I accepted the fact that I was going to die trying to be the hero rather than turning against these people and become a villain.

I thought of everything I could think of that ever made me angry and built up a hatred in me that I’ve never experienced before; my body was shaking with it. I took all that hatred and I used it to pull the trigger and shoot the clown.

Too bad I missed.

I stared in complete and utter horror as the corners of his mouth turn upwards and I was suddenly held from behind.

“So little Ms. Innocent here thinks she can kill the big bad Joker? Well here’s a little surprise for you.” He held his knife against my cheek. I could feel the edge digging into my skin.

“Let’s put a smile on that face of yours.” With those words echoing in my mind the world around me went dark.

End Flashback

I was brought out of my memories by the all too real laugh of the Joker before me. He was clad in his trademark purple suit with that almost menacing clown makeup.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so macarabe are very busy people at the moment but we are trying to update as fast as we can, dont feel neglected if we don't update soon. We are both trying hard and we hope you enjoy the story :D