‹ Prequel: Want
Status: Finished

Hunt

All I can do is Wait

I threw my sketchpad across the room and screamed. I hated how distracted I was today. I mean, it had been a month since I dropped all contact with my brother and ex-boyfriend. Not only that, but I hadn't talked to the love of my life in that time too. I didn't know what bugged me more? That I haven't seen Mikey for a month, or that LynZ could have hated my guts. I quickly decided that Mikey was more important. The phone rang, snapping me out of my swarming thoughts. I looked at the caller ID to realize that work was calling. I huffed and picked up the phone.

"What do you want?" I asked, skipping the friendly greeting that no one there really paid attention to.
"A man is here asking for your address." My boss got to the point, as always. He didn't like to waste time on small talk with an employee, or anyone for that matter.
"What's his name?" I heard a muttered name as my boss came back to the phone.
"Frank Iero, he says." My heart stopped. If I had expected anyone, Frank was the last person I needed to be there. I certainly believed he hated my guts. Why would he come to my work, asking for my address without a motive?
"Uh, y-you can give it t-to him." I stuttered in complete shock.
"You sure, Gerard? You sound a little unsure." My boss, although he was pretty straightforward, cared. He was a big teddy bear on the inside.
"Yeah, Bob. Just go ahead and do it. Sorry, I was just surprised that he was asking for it of all people who could.
"And Gerard?" Bob asked.
"Hm?"
"Finish that sketch, man."
"How do you know that I didn't already finish it, huh?"
"You didn't pick up and say that you were." I laughed and he hung up.

I tried drawing quite a few more times before completely fucking up. "Ah, fuck I didn't want that there!" I yelled as the door opened. I sighed and walked to the front door, leaving the sketch on the table. I opened the door to see Frank and LynZ. What? I thought he hated her guts. Why would he want to hang with her.
"Uh, hey guys." I said, awkwardly.
"Hi. Gerard." Lyn smiled as Frank did a little hand wave.
"Uh, come on in." I let Lyn through before I pulled Frank to the side.
"What did you want here?" I asked.
"She showed up at Mike and my place trying to find you so I offered to find you. Here you are, ass."
"So we aren't on good terms, fucktard." He sneered at me and walked through.
"Alright, I'll make this way less awkward by leaving, bye. Uh, LynZ, if you need a ride, I'm sure that fuckass over here will give you a ride."
"Oh come on, no need to flatter me, Iero. Just pull up your big girl panties and fuck off." He wanted to play dirty, I was willing to tag along. He left, but not before flipping me off.

"So, Lyn. Sorry about that," I looked around. "And about the mess."
"It doesn't really matter, Gerard. If I'm bugging you, then I guess I'll get to the point."
"No! No, come on, Frank's just being stupid."
"But your boss also said that you needed to finish something."
"It really doesn't matter. I've been pissing on this shit." She laughed a little bit.
"No way, man. You're way good." I walked over to the table and handed her the sketchpad.
"Dude, watch this." LynZ grabbed one of my pencils and started editing my drawing.

When she was done, she showed me a way improved drawing. "Lyn! That's amazing! You never told me you could draw!"
"Then why did you let me edit it?"
"I trust you." She smiled.
"Thank you."
"No way, thank you. This is amazing." She laughed.
"Anytime you need me."

"So, not to be all rude-sounding, but what did you need me for?"
"Well, I had to tell you something, it's really important." I noticed her toned changed from the happy, carefree tone, to a serious and worried tone.
"What's wrong?"
"Uh, I don't know if it's 'wrong' per say.."
"What's up?" I noticed something was really bothering her.
"Gerard," I looked her in the eye. "I'm pregnant." That's when my whole world came crashing down on me.
"Wha-What?" She bit her lip as a few tears fell down her cheeks.
"I'm sorry! I mean, I didn't really want to get pr-"
"Babe, babe, calm down. I'm not going to leave. We're dealing with this together, okay?"
"Yeah, sorry I flipped on you."
"No problem."
"Well, uh, Gerard. I kind of have this thing with my parents tonight, so I can't stay any longer."
"Bye." I kissed her cheek and hugged her close. This woman was carrying my baby.

As soon as she left, I called my boss, happy with the drawing that Lyn fixed. "The drawing's done." I said as soon as he picked up.
"Awesome. Bring it in today."
"Uh, I kind of have a lot to deal with, man."
"What's more important?"
"Well first off, why the fuck didn't you tell me that a girl was with Frank?"
"I didn't think it was critical information."
"I just found out that that girl is pregnant with my child, man. You should have told me."
"Alright alright. Sorry, man. Congrats on the other hand. Bring it in before Friday."
"Sure." I clicked over to the other line because someone was calling.

"Hello?"
"You're the father." A voice I heard a long time ago say.
"Who are you?"
"You wouldn't remember me, Gerard Way."
"Why didn't you call again until now?"
"It took a long time to find you."
"What's your name and why are you saying that I'm the father?"
"My name is Kathy DioGardo and you are. If you wish to meet with me then meet me at the Starbucks in exactly a week at two o'clock sharp." She hung up. Kathy. Kathy. Who was that girl?

I knew exactly what I was going to do about that, go drop off the sketch at Bob's tomorrow and then see that Kathy girl in a week. With everything else? Gee, I'm fucked.
♠ ♠ ♠
*SNIFFLE SNIFFLE* this is the LAST CHAPTER.
and fuck, i tried updating this about three times before now and my compute rfucked up each time because i haven't uploaded any of this to my computer yet.. D:

i just need to put all of this on my computer, which i'm about to do right now.

x. jessica.

p.s i completed my promise, three updates in a week. :) where's my award?
p.s.s i expect you all to go subscribe. by the way, you guys are now my lovers and i love you too. (x