Status: Working on it.

Kaleidoscopic

Tori the Servant-Girl

Sleep's darkness had been comforting. It had eased her into thinking that she was home in her own bed. When her eyes opened to see the unfamiliar ceiling and walls her heart raced. She couldn't remember where she was. Then Luke yelled from the other side of the door. "Tori! Are you awake yet?"

"...Yes." She answered. Tori slowly remembered. It wasn't an easy thing to do. Her memory was a jumbled mess.

"Great. There are clothes in the dresser if you wish to get changed. When you're done Foster will show you to the kitchen." He said. She went right to the door. She didn't feel comfortable changing in such a strange place. When she turned the door knob she was careful with it. It was one of the few things that she could remember at the moment. She stood in the hallway and wondered who Foster was.

The man that had the white cloth bag from the previous day walked down the hall. He stopped and said, "Come on. Time for breakfast."

She guessed this was Foster. She followed him down the hallway. Tori noticed that there was a lot of doors. Some looked old and some appeared new. She didn't understand why they weren't the same kinds of doors all around...or the same color for that matter. With doors being varying ages they were also varying colors. The older looking ones were duller colors, like browns and grays, while the new doors were colors ranging from orange to pink to yellow.

There was plenty of strange pictures and paintings on the walls. Tori didn't get a chance to look closely at them because Foster said, "Hurry up. I'm hungry."

They finally turned into the kitchen. The kitchen's door was black and new-looking. The kitchen itself was very modern. She didn't care for it much.

"Breakfast is on the table." A cheery voice said. It had come from the small woman standing in front of the stove. She looked at Tori and said, "You must be the new girl. I'm Dona."

"Tori...nice to meet you." She said. Tori had noticed something strange about Dona. Well, two things actually. One, she had very pointed ears and two, dragonfly-like wings stuck out through slits in the back of her shirt.

"You too. Now eat some breakfast. You are starting work today, after all." Dona told her. Tori didn't mind being told to eat. She sat down at the table and began to eat. One her plate was a cheese omelet, some fried potatoes, and bacon. It was all delicious to her. When she finished she said to Dona, "That was really good. Thank you."

Dona said, "You are welcome. Luke said to send you to the dining area when you finished."

Tori went through a door that she only had to push to go through. She was glad. She was tired of reminding herself to hold and twist the door knobs lightly. The room she entered was like entering any small town diner. She could have swore that it looked fancier before. She glanced out one of the windows and noticed that there was forest outside.

What the hell? That wasn't there before...was it?

Tori tried to remember if there was a forest out there before, but she just couldn't remember. She was nearly certain that it wasn't though.

"Tori, finally you are finished." Luke looked her over and asked, "Why did you not change?"

"I didn't want to." She said.

He smiled at her. "Well, now you have to. Look in the the top drawer of the dresser and change into your uniform. Today you shall start work as a waitress."

"No. I don't work here. I never asked for a job and I don't want one." She told him.

"If you do not go change yourself, I'll have to resort to extreme measures." He said.

"And them being?" Tori asked.

"I shall drag you into your room and change you myself." She blushed. No man had seen her unclothed. She really didn't want him to be the first. He laughed. "Do not be embarrassed. I have seen plenty of women so it is not much different...although you are a bit heavier than the ones I usually see."

She slapped him. "I can change my own clothes. I happen to be very good at it and it's one of my skills."

"Alright. I hope you are as skilled taking them off as you are putting them on." He joked while rubbing his face.

"Shut the hell up." Tori started down the hallway. She hated him. He was so inappropriate too. Plus, he didn't know when to stop. She guessed he was probably still making jokes. She looked around and noticed nothing really looked familiar.

"Crap. Which room was mine?" She asked herself.

"Down about seven doors. It's the white one." Someone said. She looked around and saw no one. The person spoke again, "Look to your left and down."

She did as told, but saw nothing but a door knob. "You can talk?"

"I see we have the resident genius with us. If I had hands I would clap." The door knob rolled his eyes.

"Can all of you talk?" She asked.

"No. The others aren't as gifted as I. Besides any others that can talk don't often. Now go. You make me feel as though my IQ is dropping." The door knob said.

Tori left it. She knew she wasn't going like him...or her. Did the door knobs even have genders? That was something she wanted ask later.

She went through the white door and found herself back in the room she woke up in. She found her uniform and changed quickly. He uniform was just like Keith's was. Only instead of black pants, she wore a knee length skirt.

That's surprising. Seeing how perverted he seems I don't have to wear a mini-skirt. It's a relieve. she thought.

When she made it back into the dining area. The morning shift had already started. Luke walked over to her and said, "Alright. Here is your notepad and pencil. Just ask people what they would like to eat."

Tori took them both not really feeling comfortable. She had never been very good at talking to people. As she walked to her first table Luke added, "Do not forget to smile. Good luck, my new servant-girl."

She didn't appreciate that name, but went to go take her first order. She would have to bear with it if she hoped to escape. So she decided to grin and bear it. Tori smiled and asked, "What would you like today?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Reviews or any type of feedback would be much appreciated. I'm just saying