Dark Passion Play

Animal

(Zena PoV)

I stayed in his room huddled into a dark corner as the lights went out. I could hear the havoc being wreaked downstairs. Crashes and screams were heard as the guys undoubtedly fought. My thoughts went out to Zacky; I'm praying he’s okay. Don’t let them get him…

I heard footsteps in the hallway and the creaking of the floorboards and my heart rate went into over drive as the doorknob rattled before it twisted all the way open. I curled up tighter and grabbed the nearest thing to me. It was a shirt and it smelled like Syn. I threw it away from me and let tears and whimpers slip past my lips. I dared to look at the door and a silhouette of a man with red eyes stared back at me. He smiled, exposing his lethal fangs and my eyes widened in terror. It was a vampire.

“Well, well. I see this is where Syn keeps his pets.” He teased and I started to openly cry. He took steps towards me and I could see he was all decked out in black, but with a silver chain with a red stone on it.

“P-please…go away…” I stuttered, and he let out a sinister laugh.

“Oh but I need you. Syn never said you were this beautiful.” He smirked and before I knew it he was at my level, his blood red eyes piercing mine intently. His hand touched my cheek and it burned, I flinched away from him.

“You little bitch.” He snarled grabbing my jaw, and I screamed in pain as Syn already fucked it up. Then I heard a loud bang as the door was swung open revealing none other than Captain Asshole.

“Step.Away.From.Her.” he seethed, enunciating every word. He looked bloody like the animal inside he was. His shirt was completely tattered on him. It barely hung on, and it exposed his chest and abdomen. There were gashes and cuts all over him, mixed with dirt, sweat and blood. His pants were torn, and there was a deep cut on his cheek. But his eyes burned like a golden fire, and they turned into demonic slits, and his voice sounded just as demonic as his eyes looked. He was a creature from the pits of hell.

The vampire laughed running his hand along my face before he stood up and faced Syn.

“Well well, if it isn’t Synyster Gates himself? I see you found a new chew toy haven’t you boy?” He sneered, and Syn's breathing quickened.

“I don’t think you heard me. I said step away from her.” He seethed again, taking one step further into the room.

“Or what? Is the big bad wolf going to get me?” He sneered, and if I weren’t in this situation id laugh. Something inside of him snapped, and he lunged at the vampire with a murderous roar. It was all to fast to process, but it looked like Syn was winning. The vampire kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying across the room and into the wall.

He got back up and went for him again, but this time the Vampire had the upper hand. He pulled out a silver glinting dagger and brought it quickly across Syn’s face causing him to scream. He glared at the Vampire through blood and kicked the dagger out of his hand causing it to skitter across the floor over to me. I grabbed the knife holding onto it for life as Syn’s blood ran along its blade.

Syn looked exhausted; he was losing blood and getting weaker by the minute. My eyes widened as he was thrown against the wall and pinned there by the Vamp. He looked in my direction and I saw something in his eyes that id never seen before. They looked so determined and defensive. He looked back at the Vampire who was holding him by his neck, and the silver ring on his finger was burning Syn’s flesh.

“Finish him. After all he’s done to you, haven’t you once wished his death?” The Vampire tempted me, and I stood up gripping the knife in my hand, approaching Syn with a hard look in my eyes. He glared back at me, and I looked into his stone cold face. I did want him dead. I wanted him to suffer, I wanted him to pay. I held the dagger to his neck, pressing on it enough that he could feel the cold silver of the blade but not enough to break skin. I could see as his flesh disintegrated under the blade and the pain twisted on his face as we held each other’s gaze.

“Syn…after all you fucking put me through…” I spat at him. My eyes watered a little.

“You ruined my life, you took everything I ever had from me and burnt it at my feet! You took my fucking brother from me when i was ten you goddamn bitch! I hate you…with such a passion that you do deserve this! You dont deserve to fucking live at all!” I yelled and a look of acceptance crossed over his eyes, but his hard look remained.

“But I can’t do it…” I sobbed before I whipped around and slashed the vampire across the throat, spraying blood onto my face, and leaving a clean line of blood that rained down his neck in a curtain. Syn lashed out and dug his hand into the vampire's chest. His arm shook as his hand broke through his skin and ribs and ripped his pulsating dead heart right from his chest. As he held it in his hands, blood was splattered on his face, and the Vampire’s life force was draining out onto his body with a look of shock and pain. His eyes looked to Syn’s hand as he choked over his own blood. He fell to the floor, his eyes staring into nothing as they glazed over.

I dropped the bloody knife onto the floor, and stared in shock at what was before me.
“Oh my god.” I muttered, looking from Syn, to the corpse to my own bloody hands.
Syn’s eyes returned to normal and he looked tired. He wobbled on his own feet before he fell to his hands and knees in blood. I went down to him and grabbed his face. His hair was wet, and stringy, and there was blood in it. It hung in his face, as he breathed out through his mouth.

“Are you okay?” I asked quietly and he looked up at me. For once, he actually looked human. He began to cough, and he spit up blood next to me.

“Shit.” I cursed and I wiped his mouth with my sleeve.

“C’mon lets get you out of here.” I said trying to help him up but he barely made an effort to move. I heard more footsteps as the guys came to the door.

“Guys you got to help him.” I said and they took a good look at Syn.

“Fuck, this is bad…” Matt said grabbing him by the shoulders, and picking him up. They rushed him downstairs into one of the many rooms that had a cot in the middle, like a lab. They put Syn on the cot, and Rev looked him over.

“He’s gonna make it, but he’s got 4 broken ribs, and a dislocated shoulder. He has severe bruising and lacerations. He also lost a lot of blood, so it should take him a few days to wake up.” Rev diagnosed, sticking an IV needle into his arm, and he flinched. Rev poured alcohol over his chest, and Syn opened his eyes screaming, his teeth protruded and his eyes turned back to demonic slits. Rev injected him with a needle, to sedate him and his features calmed.

It scared me to see him in so much pain. I turned to see my brother and I hugged him crying into his chest.

“Shh, don’t cry. He’s a fighter; he’s going to wake up in a few days.” Zacky assured but I didn’t care. I don’t exactly know why I’m crying for Syn. We left the room as Rev cleaned him up, and took care of him.

---

It’s been 3 days and Syn still hasn’t woken. I snuck out of my room, well his room and went downstairs. I hoped I didn’t make too much noise on the stairs. I wound my way back into the hallway where he is. I opened the door and saw him lying on the same table in the same position that he has for days.

I crept over to him and looked him over. He had a wrap around his chest, and his deep cuts and bruises were healing more. He had multiple needles shoved through his arms and he lay as still as a corpse. You would have to look closely to see that he was breathing. His eyelids would twitch and flutter, but never open. And his lips would curve into a snarl occasionally.

At times when he was like this, truly at peace. It was hard to imagine how he could transform into the monster I knew. I liked him better like this, not half dead, but peaceful.

“You know he’s like this because of you…” I heard from behind me and I turned to see the Rev.

“I-I wasn’t…I was just…” I tried but he shook his head.

“I knew you had a soft spot for him.” He said and I crossed my arms.

“I just wanted to see if he was okay.” Rev gave me a look but I didn’t know what it was for. What was he trying to say?!

“He did this for you. He wanted to protect you, he nearly died for you. Now in all my years of knowing him, he’s never done that.” He said and I looked back to the table, before I settled my eyes back on the Rev.

“I never thought id save him.” I murmured and he gave me a confused face.

“The Vampire…he gave me a chance to kill Syn. At first I wanted to, at first I that’s all I wanted. But in the matter of seconds I found that I couldn’t. Something wouldn’t let me do it. I saved him, and then before you came it was the first time id seen him look human.” I said and the Rev just stared.

“He usually kills them first…” he muttered.

"What?"

“Well, if you must know Syn’s notorious past. He’s always killed those he’d bitten, before this could ever happen…”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that, right now. You shouldn’t be alive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh! Cryptic!

A little cliffy, but im starting to love this story more. Ive gotten so many pre written i cant help myself =D

Comments!
*mV*