Different

T H I R T E E N;problems

Chapter 13

I watched as Aly ran off, ignoring my calls. Brian was trying to get me to explain to him and so were the rest of them. Val looked hurt and betrayed since I used to tell her everything.

“SHUT UP!” I finally screamed and they all looked at me like I had three heads. “It’s not my place since I know what it’s like to be so afraid of someone that you’d risk your life just by hoping that they’d change. You guys just don’t get what it feels like since you never had to go through it. You’ve been with the one person who makes you so happy and whole for such a long time that you freak out when you see some relationship you aren’t used to! And F.Y.I Bri, I only knew since I saw the signs the first day I met her. And I kept it for you because I promised I would and you KNOW I can’t break I promise.” I yelled with tears streaming down my face.

“JoeJoe…” Bri cooed as he came closer to me.

“No.” I backed away and took off the ring. “Not now Bri. I thought you guys would understand since we went through the same thing with me. And the only reason I came back was because Val could always find me and force me back, which she did, because we share the same blood and family. Aly doesn’t have that and I’m not going to let her go!” I said shoving the ring at his chest and running after her.

I ran along the coast until I found her sobbing uncontrollably under the docks. I walked closer to her and sat down before engulfing her in a hug.

“I love you.” I whispered as I hid her from the rest of the world.

I knew the feeling of shame and self hatred. Before I was Brian’s girlfriend I’ve ran away to forget this life, to forget the me I had left in Huntington, but I couldn’t escape. I wanted to fall off the face of the earth and I thought no one would care. And if Aly responded like I did, then she probably felt the same way as I did.

“Aly, don’t leave us. Don’t leave, please.” I whispered into her hair as I let the tears fall.

“It’s all my fault. Everything.” She choked out and I shook my head no.

“No it’s not. You were scared and lonely and you felt like you had to keep the lies up. You only told me because I’d force you to talk. Aly, if you run away I’ll hunt you down until I find you and then I’ll hog tie you and bring you back here. I swear I will.” I said and she started giggling.

“What makes you think I’ll run away?” She asked as she pulled away from me and wiped at her tears. I sighed.

“Because I did. I wanted to forget this life and start over someplace else, but Aly, the memories and pain will haunt you if you can’t find someone to heal you.” I said looking at her seriously.

“Does it still haunt you?”

“Yes. Every night when Brian’s not near me I’m haunted by those memories. And I can’t have short hair or black hair anymore.” I sighed. “I liked the black hair too.”

“Why can’t you have it black or short?” She asked and I smiled sadly at her.

“I used to have my hair like Val’s, but one night he chopped it off, not caring that my scalp was bleeding, and put black dye in my hair, once again not caring that it was seeping into the open gashes. It was his form of punishment, make me bleed then make the cut burn like a mother fucker. Short hair makes me think of that night and the black hair makes me remember the burning sensation.”

“That’s… wow.” She breathed and I smirked.

“Yeah. Extreme right? But that’s beside the point. Aly, nothing is your fault. Life is hard, if it was easy it’d be a whore.” She smirked at that and I grinned. “Score! I got to get you somewhat back to the Aly I love.” I beamed and she burst out laughing.

“Your ring?” She asked eyeing my hands.

“Yeah.” I sighed before pulling my knees up to my chest and staring out at the ocean. “I was so angry that they’d yell at you while knowing nothing about what you’re going through, so I did something stupid.”

“What did you do?”

“Gave back the ring.” I heard her gasp and I smiled weakly at her. “I saw the hurt in his eyes, I know he loves me and I love him too, but my anger makes me do stupid shit. I gave him back the ring, and I don’t think he’ll take me back since that basically symbolized the end.” I took in a shaky breath before looking at water crashing around us.

“What will happen now? To us, I mean.” She said and I smirked.

“We’ll live with Val and Matt until we can get our own place. And you’re not leaving us, mainly me, because I’ll keep true to my word.” I said and she laughed. “I guess we’re like the beach and the lies are like the water.” I murmured to myself.

“How so?”

“Because the lies are crashing around us.” I said and turned to her with a smirk. “Random thought. Don’t worry.” I said getting up and wiping the sand off my outfit. “Let’s get back to the idiots before they like kill people just because they think they can.” She laughed and nodded.

-Brian’s POV-

I haven’t moved from my spot since she shoved the engagement ring into my chest. I felt my heart shatter when she did that because she just practically told me it was over. I started to feel the warm tears come down from my eyes.

“Brian, it’s okay.” Val cooed as she tried to get me to move away from the water crashing at my feet.

“She doesn’t want to be my wife Val. How will it be okay? I fucking love her and she shoved this right back at me!” I yelled while holding up the ring.

“Hey, she’s just trying to help man!” Matt shouted and I nodded my head.

“You’re right. Sorry Val.” I whispered as I wiped away the tears. “I just don’t want it to be over.” I whispered before she hugged me.

“Oh, not good.” I heard Lacey breathe and I looked behind me to see Aly and BJ standing there.

I held BJ’s eyes for a fraction of a second before she turned her head and smiled at the others.

“I got Aly back so stop bitching!” She announced as she let go of Aly’s hand so Jimmy could hug her and apologize.

I looked from the two friends back to BJ and saw that she was looking at me with hollow eyes before she turned to the others. I held onto my pride and refused to cry in front of her, but it killed me to have her ignoring me like I was nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
awe angst. poor BJ and BriBri