Status: Computer is broken. Can't update. Sorry :(

Drove All Night, I'm a Deer In Your Headlights

Chapter 5: Make It a Sweet, Sweet Goodbye

Josie POV

We had soccer practice the next day. And it was brutal.

"Okay girls, gather round." Coach Turner said after we finished our warm-up laps. "We have a new assistant coach. Everyone, this is Kayla Burns." she said, gesturing to a slutty girl in a warm-up suit. Kayla approached Bobbi and me.

"I had a one-night stand with your dear old dad. He may not remember me, but I remember him. Don't think just because he's famous and totally hot that you'll get away with anything." she sneered.

It got bad from there. We had to do extra running and we were hot, sweaty, dirty, and overall grumpy when she finally let us go.

"How was practice?" our mom asked when we walked in the door.

"It sucked." I grumbled.

"Watch the language." she warned. Just then, Jack jogged downstairs, but he stopped when he saw us.

"What happened?" he asked cautiously.

"One of your little 'friends' happened." Bobbi sneered.

"What are you talking about?" Jack asked.

"Kayla Burns. Does that name mean anything to you?" Bobbi asked flat-out.

"Ha, no." Jack laughed, smirking.

"Apparently, you had a one-night stand with her." Bobbi told him.

"Shit, I don't remember that." Jack sighed, rubbing his head.

"Not only that, but she's our new assistant coach, so she's making us work way harder than the rest of the team because of that." I added.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence." Mom suggested.

"Doubt it. She specifically said 'Don't think just because he's famous and totally hot that you'll get away with anything.'" Bobbi snapped.

"Look, I'm really sorry." Jack whispered.

"You're sorry? Really? Well that's fantastic!" I snapped, throwing my hands up.

"It's obvious you don't want me here and I've tried everything to win your forgiveness, so now all that's left to do is leave." Jack said sadly.

"Good! We don't want you here." I snapped. He ran upstairs and didn't come downstairs for a long time.

"You girls really hurt him." Mom scolded.

"He hurt us first!" I replied.

"Well, I better go see if he's alright." Mom told us and walked away.

---MARIA POV---

I went up to Jack's room and knocked. No answer.

"Jack, can I come in?" I asked. Still nothing. "Jack, I know you're upset. Just let me in." I sighed. I walked in and found the room looking as if he'd never been there.

There were three pieces of paper addressed to me and the girls which were sitting on the neatly made bed. I noticed the window was open. My stomach dropped. I took my letter and opened it up.

DEAREST MARIA,

I'M SO SORRY. YOU GIVE ME A WORLD OF CHANCES AND I RUIN THEM ALL. I WAS NEVER THE IDEAL FRIEND, OR LOVER. I WISH I COULD START OVER AND DO THINGS RIGHT, BUT I CAN'T. I REGRET EVERY LAST WORD. BUT SOON, I'LL BE OUT OF YOUR LIFE. FOR GOOD.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH,

JACK RYAN EVERS

I felt sick. How was he going to leave us so completely? Oh no. I ran downstairs, carrying Josie and Bobbi's letters.

"Girls, Jack wrote these for you." I told them.

"Why would we want to read his empty words? It'd be like he's never left." Bobbi replied. I didn't get the chance to say anything else because my phone rang.

---BOBBI POV---

Mom's phone rang and we watched as she answered it.

"Hello? Zayden? What's wrong? H-He did? Okay, we'll be there." Mom said, choking up at the end. She hung up and turned to us.

"Girls, your father's in the hospital. He overdosed." she told us gravely. I hesitantly opened my letter.

DEAREST BOBBI.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: Lullabies by All Time Low. Amazing song.

Ooh, cliffhanger! Don't know when I'll update again though.