Status: constant updates(:

Last Time Around

Twenty-One

6 Weeks

We’ll I have come to realize that my days are starting to blur. At least the first week of Nick being gone it did. I woke up, went out to look for some jobs, come home to spend time with Leah, hang out around the house and fill some college applications out. Then stay up semi-late at night to talk to Nick on the phone. Those were my best moments.

5 Weeks

The second week, Leah had gone away to a soccer camp all week! I was by myself and it sucked. But then, one day, Allison and Tyler called me and took me out. We went to the pool and then went out to eat after. It was a lot of fun. They were both lonely because Jenny had gone away on a trip across Europe with her AP Euro class. It was exciting for her, but Allison was friendless and Tyler had no girlfriend to spend his summer with. Trust me, I can relate.

4 Weeks

Week three, I found a job! Well, actually Tyler found me a job. He works at our local ice cream shop and he hooked me up with a job. Hallelujah! Leah was back from her soccer camp, with a wicked tan and excited to show me and Tyler all the new tricks she learned. I found that my days were getting shorter and I didn’t find myself dreading the days as long until I got to talk to Nick again.

3 Weeks

Our late night talks weren’t so late night anymore between both of us being so exhausted from my work and him being on stage. But they still were very lovely. It was so exciting to hear his stories about being on stage; I loved how connected he was to his fans. I know how important fans are to any celebrity but the way him and his brothers talk about them is so passionate it’s touching. Only two more weeks to go.

2 Weeks

I’ve been spending most of my days with Tyler now. Allison is off on a vacation with her family so it’s just us two and I love it. I am constantly getting reminded on why we had become friends to begin with. He’s just so much fun and nothing can really bring him down. He’s like a hyper active kid who ate too much chocolate from his Halloween night. I love it. Tyler took Leah and me to a water park one day this week and it was absolutely amazing. We’ve grown close to each other, like best friends should be. I’ve been closer to him than I ever was with Jessica. I just hope it’ll last.

1 Week

One week left! Yes! Nick told me he’d be here late Saturday night, so I’ll get to see him Sunday! I am practically oozing with joy and eagerness. Leah and Tyler are constantly teasing me about it. But I don’t care. I just miss him so much. It’s unbelievable. He kept his promise, that’s for sure. He stayed in touch. But I get those moments a lot on whether or not I’m on his mind as much as he’s on mine? Does he miss me as much as I miss her?

I can only hope so. I think about her all the time when I’m on stage and I constantly wonder what she’s doing. Then at night, she tells it all to me, and I love hearing all the things her, Tyler, and Leah are up too. I’m glad she isn’t by herself, but I just wish I was the one taking her to the water park, or going to the mall to just mess around. But it’s okay; as soon as I get back I’ll be able to do all those things with her.

Just a few days left, I can manage that. Joe doesn’t really make it easier on me though. He thinks Samantha and I are moving too fast. “Don’t get me wrong,” he says, “I’m happy for you and she’s a really nice girl but, just be careful. You always fall to fast Nick.” Blah blah blah. Whatever Joe. Kevin likes her and so does Mom and that’s what matters to me. I think Joe is just testing me though to see if I can actually last in a long relationship with a regular person. I don’t know, we’ll see. I do know though is that I miss her and
I can’t wait to see him!

It’s Saturday morning and I woke up so early, knowing I’ll just be able to see Nick and hold him in less than twenty four hours! I had so much time on my hands, and I was off today and tomorrow. As soon as I woke up, I took a shower and started to lounge out. Leah spent the night at a friend’s house last night so I had all day to kill by myself because I didn’t have to get her until around two. And as of right now, it was only eight. So I got up, threw my hair in a ponytail and put on some jogging clothes and decided to go for a run.

Man did it feel good to run. I meant to just go for a light run around the block or so, but I ended up running on the outskirts of town and then back through town to stop at the coffee shop. I got a black coffee to wake me up even more, if that was possible, and a small bagel to satisfy the hunger creeping in. I ended up strolling in and out of small shops in town. When I finally got back to the apartment, I was almost noon. I did a little cleaning around the house and took another shower. When it was one, I finally sat down on the couch. I sent a quick text to Leah to tell her that I was lying down and to call me when she was ready to go. With that, I rested my eyes for a bit.

Our last show got cancelled due to weather since it was an outdoor show. So, we got back a day early. I was at home unpacking and settling back down. It was only one-thirty and my mom already said that I could spend the rest of the day with Samantha as long as I unpacked first. But I wanted to surprise her. I found my phone on my bed and called Leah.

“Hey Nick?” She answered on the third ring. “What’s up?”

“Hey Leah, what’re you doing right now, are you near your sister?”

“No, I’m at a friend’s right now. Why?”

“We’ll I’m back in town early and I wanted to go and surprise her.” I explained.

“Um, she just texted a little while ago and said she went to take a nap and to call her when I was ready to get picked up, which would be around two.” Leah said. “But if you wanted to pick me up instead so we didn’t have to wake her and you could surprise her we could do that.” Leah said with a little excitement in her voice. After negotiating, somehow this little nine year old conned me into getting her in half an hour. That gave me enough time to finish packing and go to take a shower.

I went and stopped at a floral shop before I picked Leah up. She asked me a bunch of questions about tour on the drive over to her apartment and then she told me how much Samantha missed me and it made me want to speed over to the apartment and wash both of our worries away! But I didn’t. I took my time and thought about how exactly would I approach her when I got there. Would I just run up behind her and grab her and catch her off guard, or just stroll on in before she realizes it’s really me? I don’t know. Too late now, Leah and I were in front of the door.

I watched as she reached for a key under the mat and unlocked the door. She peeked in and motioned for me to come in. There she was. Lying on the couch asleep. Her hair was a mess and looked damp as it was tangled along the pillow. As I got closer, I heard her breaths were deep and long. She looked so peaceful. Leah went into her room to put her things away and I was just knelt down next to her. One of her hands was slightly open and almost hanging off the side of the couch. I put the single white rose in her hand and I noticed her hand slowly wrapped around it.

This was it, this was that moment. I pushed loose strands of hair off of Samantha’s face and held my fingers beneath her chin. Slowly, scared to wake her, I leaned in a pressed my lips against hers lightly. It might have been my imagination but I swear on everything that I felt her lips move in sync with mine. When I pulled back I smiled. “Nick,” I heard her sigh.

“Yes?” I said placing my hand against the back of her head.

I watched as her eyes fluttered open and then popped open. “Nick!” She yelped and sat up immediately. I kept myself steady as she threw herself into my arms but then it all ended so fast. She pulled herself away. “Did you just kiss me?” She asked and I smirked. “You can’t do that! I wasn’t even conscious! We haven’t even gone on a date! Are you crazy?” She did that cute rambling thing again and I leaned in a cut her off with another kiss. This one, lasting some much longer, and being so much nicer, knowing that she was for sure kissing me back.

“I missed you.” I muttered.

“I missed you too.” She said almost out of breath. Being so close almost made me go in for another kiss until we were cut off.

“Aw!” Leah exclaimed in front of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so story!
i wrote this chapter weeks ago, and then it got deleted without me saving it :/
*utter depression*
so i've been trying to rewrite it but it never came out right, so i'm settling with this. i apologize for the long wait.
but back to the story.
if you're confused, it is like in her point of view, and then changes to bold when it's his, and then back again. i dunno, i just didn't feel like typing "nick's pov" constantly. let me know if that was a bad idea and i should go back to the other way?