Status: Author is finally getting off her lazy arse and updating for you people!

Are the Roses Red or Black?

Psychotherapy

“Mikoto?”

It’s so faint… What…? Who…?

“Mikoto…!”

Who…? What do they want?

“Mikoto!!!”

AHHH!!!

I stopped singing and blinked my eyes, bringing myself back to the world of messed up realities, and said, “Huh?”

“Are you okay?” The person asked.

“Who wants to know?”

“I do. Me. Konan. Your friend.”

“Oh. Hey, Konan. I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

She grabbed the CD case, “You’re listening to a mixed tape of every sad and depressing song in the base. Tell me. Are you really okay?”

She dropped the case and I looked away. I couldn’t bear the look of concern on her face for much longer.

“Fine then. Which song best shows how you feel?”

I didn’t say a word; I just put the CD on track 30.

“Green Day?”

I nodded, “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” I changed it to track 9.

“Three Days Grace?”

I nodded again, “Someone Who Cares.” I changed it to track 14.

“Evanescence?”

Again, I nodded, “My Immortal.”

“You feel like that?”

“Uh huh. And there’s nothing anybody can do about it. Not Deidara. Not Zetsu. Not Hidan. Not you, Pein, Itachi, Kisame, Sasori… Not even Tobi. May I go back to the music now?”

“No.” She grasped my hand firmly and yanked me up and marched me -well, dragged me- away.

“Hey! W-where are you taking me?” I tried to pry my hand out of her death grip.

We’re going to see Pein.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Why?”

“Because I said so and I want to help you.”

Konan stopped and I gave up struggling. She kicked Pein’s office door open and yelled his name twice before burst out of another room.

“What?!” He asked. “I was in the bathroom, woman!”

“Mikoto’s depressed and she said that no one can help her.”

“What do you want me to do about it?”

“Help her!”

“How?!”

“I’ll start.”

Konan dragged me over to the king-size bed in the corner of the room. She threw me onto it and chained me down before I could escape. I struggled to get loose from the chains. She turned and faced Pein.

“What do you want him to do?! Rape me?!” I asked frantically.

“Yeah. What do you want me to do?” Pein asked.

“No! I don’t want Pein to rape you!” Then she mumbled something under her breath that I couldn’t hear, “Though I wouldn’t mind if…”

“What was that?” Pein and I asked.

Konan froze, “N-nothing!” She regained control, “No. I want you to talk to her, Pein. Like a psychotherapist.”

“A psycho-what?” Pein asked.

“Therapist. I’ll leave you two alone.” And she left, just like that.

“Wait! Get me out of here! No!” I screamed after her.

“Ah, shut up! She took the key with her and locked the door from the outside. Let’s just get this over and done with.”

We both sighed and Pein sat down on a chair by the bed.

“So. Why are you depressed?”

“I’m hated.”

“By who?”

“Hidan, Deidara, Itachi… I’m lucky Jashin doesn’t hate me too.”

“Why?”

“Itachi hated me from the start. Hidan… You know why. You were there. Deidara… I’m not sure why, but I know he does.”

“Itachi doesn’t hate you.”

“Tch. I’ll believe it if I hear it from him. But what’s your side of the story?”

“Itachi likes you. He gives the cold shoulder because he’s still trying to figure things out.”

“Huh?”

“In other words, he doesn’t know how to show or tell you that he likes you. Itachi fears that if he tells you, you’ll turn him down. Or rather, how you’ll turn him down. He’s afraid of the thought of you rejecting him and getting embarrassed.”

“Oh, I see. Itachi fears rejection, so he doesn’t try to open up to me?”

“Pretty much, yeah.”

I chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Earlier, Zetsu told me every Akatsuki member that had a crush on me.”

“Who did he put on the list?”

“Deidara, Hidan, Itachi, Sasori, himself, and Kakuzu and you were on the maybe list.” I chuckled again.

“Almost everyone.” Pein stated, little emotion in his voice.

“Yeah.”

An awkward silence, a-gay-baby-was-just-born-moment ensued.

“Why do you feel hated?” Pein asked, resuming the psychotherapy session and breaking the silence.

“Why? I don’t know why I feel this way, I just do.” I admitted. “Have you ever felt some way that you couldn’t explain before?”

“No. Sorry, I can’t relate.” Pein said softly.

“Oh.” I said quietly.

“Mikoto?”

Y-yeah?”

“Would you mind if I…”

I stared up at him blankly.

And without waiting for a response, Pein leaned down and...
♠ ♠ ♠
OH! Cliffhanger! I sooo went there!! MUAHAHAHA!! I feel so evil!!