Status: Author is finally getting off her lazy arse and updating for you people!

Are the Roses Red or Black?

Strange Dreams and Sad Music

-Mikoto’s Dream-

“What’s wrong, Mikoto? Sleeping again? You’re never going to get rid of me if continue to sleep your life away, Mikoto.”

“What?” I pushed my face off the rocky ground.

“She’s right, ya know.”

“Huh? Jashin? When did you get here? Uh, where is here?” I asked, standing and facing the dark figures.

“If you want something, get off your butt and fight for it head on.”

“Defend your beliefs. Stand up for yourself and the people you care about.” Jashin added, “But don’t let those people get hurt in the process of defending yourself -and them.”

“Why are you telling me all this? It doesn’t make any sense! And why are you helping me?” I complained.

“Well, for one, if you die, so do I. Didn’t know that before.” She said.

“That doesn’t explain anything!” I whined.

“I want you to always keep this in mind,” Jashin started.

I looked at him, forgetting my rant.

He continued, “When you’re defending one friend, don’t let your other friends get hurt because of it.”

I stared at him with deep respect.

“That boy…he really does care for you…” She said, a far away look in her eye.

“Who?” I asked curiously.

She snapped back into reality and tauntingly said, “Can’t tell you!”

“Hmf!” I stomped my foot and crossed my arms.

“We must go now. Come, girl.” Jashin said.

“Sure. Goodbye, Mikoto!” She waved at me.

I stared after them as they left me alone in the barren waste land.

-Reality Check-

I woke up startled and looked around.

“This is definitely not the mountain.” I thought.

I hopped out of the bed and, seeing no one, left that room and entered the living room. I walked over to the small stereo system (it was more like a large boom box, but everyone called it a stereo) and found the CD racks. I discovered a mixed tape of random song; with a song guide. I looked over the guide. From the songs I recognized, I concluded that the songs on the CD were all sad or depressing. Perfect… I put the disk in the stereo and hit PLAY. I sang along to all the songs I knew. The first to play was Pain by Three Days Grace. I turned the volume down so only I could hear it and sat down against the wall next to the speakers; listening and singing. The last song was one by Green Day called Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I let the CD play over and over again. I lost myself in each song as they played. When they wrapped around my ear drums, the world of reality surrounding me seemed to fade and disappear…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's very short, I know. Gomen nasai! But I thank anyone and everyone who reads my story(ies) and also those who comment and/or subscribe! Arigato!! =D

(PS: Read the end of the 1st chapter of Don't Go Through the Cellar Door. I added another part!)