Status: Gotta Be patient guys! We love you....!

Don't Change The Way You Think Of Me

Chapter 9

“Bye Aaron.” I say giggling as he kisses me good night… again. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him deeper.

“Are you sure I can’t stay the night?” He murmured against my lips.

I pull back swiftly and sigh. “Why did you have to ruin the moment?” I kiss him once more then back up towards my door.

He smirks and follows. “I just want to make sure that my only other option is leaving.” He kissed me once again.

“Aaron we’ve only been dating less than a week.” I push him back gently and turn the knob of my front door. “My dad and mom might be ok with me being gay but I’m not going to flaunt it around them.”

He nods and kisses me once more. Once he pulls back and starts to walk down the street I see Zacky walking up the sidewalk. I feel my face grow hot when he gets to my door and grins. I open my door to him and he walks in silently laughing.

“So why are you so late this Saturday evening?” He sits on my couch and I notice a slip of paper in his hand. His face is stony and serious. “What’s that?”

“Report card.” I swallow and sit next to him.

“You haven’t opened it yet?” He shakes his head and I hold my hand out for it. He hands it over and I swiftly open it. Looking at his Physics grade I frown a little.

“Did I fail again?” He grabs it and smiles at me. “Why are you frowning? I mean I passed and with an 85.”

“Yeah I know.” I stand and start to walk into the kitchen where my mom sits reading and drinking coffee. Zacky follows me and she looks up.

“Hey Zachary how are you doing?”

“Great Mrs. Seward, I passed Physics.” He grinned widely as I grabbed a coke out of the ridge.

“That’s great! Congratulations honey!” She stood up and kissed his cheek. I groaned and started heading to basement where all my bass stuff was.

I grab my bass after turning on the amp. Zacky stops at the top of the stairs with his mouth open. When I start tuning he comes down the stairs. “You can play the bass?”

“Yeah.” I say plainly.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He looked around and saw two other basses.

“Because we were trying to study, so why did it matter?” His jaw dropped as I finished tuning.

“Well it would’ve been cool to jam together one day.” He paused and watched me when I turned my back on him. “What’s wrong with you today Johnny?”

“Why are you still here?” I whisper almost sadly.

“What?!” He pulled me around to look at him. “Do you want me to leave?”

“Why don’t you want to leave Zacky? I mean you passed and you can still play and get that scholarship you want. I don’t know why you’d want to stay.”

“Johnny I still need tutoring. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t be passing. I still don’t understand this energy stuff.”

I nod and pull away to put my bass away. “Why don’t you play?”

I look at Zacky who just smiled at me. “Because even though I know I rock, I might just blow your mind and I know you’ll need that for the tests we have coming up in class.” I smirk and he chuckles.

“Go for it,” he says, and I smirk cockily. I start to play and his jaw drops. The look of shock only makes me cockier. At first I played a smooth ballad that swiftly turned into upbeat rock music. By the time I finished the song I had forgotten that Zacky was there.

“Wow Johnny, where the hell did that come from?” I looked up in shock, remembering that he was still there.

“Oh…uh I don’t know I’ve been working on it for a while and that’s just how it turned out.” I put down my favorite bass and he stood up. “Come on, let’s go upstairs before my mom starts to get the wrong idea.”

He started to laugh before he stopped and looked at me. “Wait, what?” I give a one sided grin and walked up the stairs. “She wouldn’t really think that… would she?”

“Well she likes you and she knows I tutor you and that I’m taken. She also knows that if she can’t see it, she doesn’t trust it.”

He nodded and we sat down at the table that was now empty. “Well where’d she go?” He asked grabbing his Physics Book from the back of my table where he left it.

“She doesn’t want to hear me playing while she’s reading so she’s probably in the living room on her favorite chair with the fireplace lit and a blanket wrapped around her. If I’m right then she should be out cold in ten minutes depending on if she has a thick blanket around her.”

He chuckled and flipped his book opened to the page we were studying on Wednesday. About an hour late my dad walked into the house from work and I could hear him waking my mom up. Looking at the clock I see that it’s only five in the afternoon.

“So are you going to ditch me now?”

Zacky looked up from the practice problem he was doing and stared at me. “Why would I do that?”

“Because you’re passing with the grade you need and you have friends that are probably missing you dearly.” He smirked and grabbed his coke I gave him a few minutes ago.

“Man, I’ll hang out with them whenever I want to. Passing is all that matters right now.”

“I thought the guys were thinking about a band? You said so yourself.”

“Yeah, but I, at least, need to pass to be able to play baseball and, right now, I really would like to keep playing baseball.” He looks back at me and smiles as my dad starts to complain about some game on T.V.

“Plus you’re not so bad to hang out with.” I nod and we go back to studying.

When the kitchen clock goes off signaling that it’s six we stand up and start heading towards the front door. “Hey Johnny go get me a beer before you leave, son.” Growling softly I run and grab the bottle of Coors and pop the top on the counter top before hurrying and giving it to him.

“So where are we off to?”

“Val’s house, she’s having a ‘get-together’ with her girlfriends tonight and I want to drop by and say hi to her.” I say tossing my keys to him.

“Why are you giving these to me?”

“Because I do believe you asked to drive.” I rolled my eyes and climbed into the car as he unlocked the door. Then I ask, “So how’s Matt?”

“What? Why are you asking about Matt?”

“Because he’s my friend too and he’s your brother.” Then I realize he thought I meant Sanders. Tingling feeling shot up my spine and my heartbeat accelerated. “Not that big oaf Sanders.”

“Hey watch your tongue short stacks. Just ‘cause I like you as a friends doesn’t make him any less a friend to me either.” He snapped as he turned on the car a smoothly pulled out of the drive. “Matt’s doing good. He told me that you guys, Jason, and Matt Berry are all going to the movies tomorrow.” I nod and sigh.

“Yep we’re going with all their girlfriends, Val, Chelle, Aaron, Todd and Mallory, and, gasp, Brian.” His jaw dropped but he shook his head and spoke up.

“Wait you mean Brian Haner, as in Bri, the guy who tries to kick your ass every day?”

“Yes and thanks for the reminder. Yeah it was a package deal. He refused to cancel another date because she wanted to get together with her friends and hang out. Plus Val wanted her to go.” I paused and grimaced at the memory of Val and me arguing over it. “You can come and bring Gena if you wanna.”

He smiles and keeps driving until we arrive at the blocked off Val’s house. “Guess you weren’t lying about her having her girls’ night. How many girls do you think are in there?”

“From the looks of it, the whole senior female population.” Zacky’s eyebrows knit together.

“There’s only, what, six to eight cars here?”

“Yeah but trust me you’ll see.”

I get out of the car and he follows me after he locks the car with the remote. When we get to the door I worry about my hair. I hold my hand out for the keys and after complaining quietly he handed them over.

“Why are you worrying about your hair when you have a black Mohawk and it’s standing straight up?”

“Like I said trust me, this place is going to be packed and you want to at least look good when seeing them hawks.” I open the door and Zacky gapped at me.

As soon as the door is opened you can hear rowdy females speaking. Closing the door quietly behind Zacky so we’re not heard we sneak into the living room and the whole living room is full of high school girls. Zacky’s eyes were huge emerald globes.

“JOHNNY f’n Seward!” Val yells and all the other girls stop to look at me. With a charming smile all the girls say hi.

“Hello ladies.” They all giggled drunkenly.

“Zacky what are you doing here?” Gena yelled and almost tripped over another girl on the volleyball team. He smiled but bit back a laugh.

“Well I came over with Seward who planned to come say hi.” Gena wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

“Boo!” “Get a room!” “You’re not supposed to be here!” “Go Gena!” All the girls were yelling at once so I could barely catch anything that was being said. I went around all of them to get to Val and Chelle.

“You brought a boy with you Johnny. You know the rules.” Chelle giggled when I glared playfully at her. “You must be put in the closet with him for five minutes.”

“Um hell no, 'Chelle. I just came to say hi and tell you that the couple making out next to us is going to be joining us tomorrow for movie night.”

“Okay, now get out.” Val laughed and pushed me towards the door.

“Okay, women, I’m going. It’s so nice to feel loved!” I gave them a pouty face then started to head back to Zacky and Gena. Even after tapping him on the shoulder he didn’t move to leave so I pulled him outside by his ear.

“Ow, ow, ow!” After pushing him out the door with the ladies on our tail, I ducked my head back in.

“Good night ladies!”

“Good night, Johnny!” They replied back.

~`~`~`~`

I sat with everybody who’s supposed to be going to the movies tonight at the Pizza Parlor and ate. It was weird to be sitting with Brian and not have him glare at me. In fact, the cocky smile he usually wears wasn’t even on his face.

He held Michelle’s hand and talked softly into her ear. From what I could see he truly was either different when Matt wasn’t always around or when he was with Chelle. I swiftly looked away when he caught me staring and glared at me. Even though he’s sweet with Michelle doesn’t mean he’s going to be sweet with me.

“Oh, I forgot to mention that Matt, Jimmy and Leana are going to be joining us tonight.” Brian said and Val and I both look at him with our jaws slack.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone?” Val almost screamed.

“What’s it matter, it’s just a movie and we’re going to be going to the one we’ve been wanting to watch so why not?”

“Maybe because we don’t want to deal with shit tonight,” I say seething. I feel Aaron squeeze my thigh and I remember that I shouldn’t be reacting this bad. But still those horrid tingles shiver up my spine and I try not to get hard at the memories of the party.

“Why don’t you just fucking leave then, faggot?” Brian glared and Michelle slapped his arm.

“Why don’t you fucking shut up Bri, you really should have said something to me. I mean, I could’ve at least warned them.” Michelle stood up and grabbed Val’s arm. “Bathroom break!” All the girls left the table.

I picked up a pizza slice and put it in my mouth before I could say anything further. I feel someone pulling on my hair and wince. I turn to see Val pulling my hair. “She said bathroom break.”

Before I could remind her that I’m a guy Matt walks in so I rush off with them. When we stop by the restroom I watch them run in. Val stops to glare back at the table where Jimmy is giving all the guys high fives.

“Look Val I got it, I’m gay but maybe next time you’ll remember that I have a penis not a vagina.” She turned her glare at me.

“I know but I needed to get us away.” She sighed. “What’s going on between the two of you? You reacted worse than I did.”

“How about the fact that he can beat my face in, and, because you’ve been giving him the cold shoulder, he’s starting to get worse,” I looked over at the table where Jimmy is making all the guys laugh. Leana looks over at us and kisses Jimmy on the cheek before walking over.

“Where did the girls go?”

“In there talking while we talk in private.” Val says and pulls me to the back exit. Once we’re outside she tells me to go on.

“I don’t think he’s going to stop this time if he got his hands on me. He’s gone a week without beating the shit out of me, I doubt he can go on forever.” She nods and frowns.

“So I should go back out with him.”

“No!” She snapped her gaze back to mine. “I mean you don’t like him as much as you did anymore so you shouldn’t be pressured to go back out with him to save my face.”

She nods and we start to go to the front entrance so we can get back in. When we get there I dig in my back pocket for a smoke and wait. She frowns at me when I light it. “What this shit is stressing me out?” I put the cigarette back in my mouth and inhale.

When I’m about halfway done with it and talking with Val, Brian walks out with Jimmy and Zacky. I tense up when he stops in front of me. “You got another one?”

I swallow and toss him the pack that only has two left and the lighter with them. He murmurs a quiet thanks and lights one after handing the pack back to me. “How does a short shit like you get the best fucking cigarette known to man?”

“I have money and a best friend who doesn’t mind buying them for me as long as I buy a pack for him.” Brian grins and passes his to Jimmy and I pass mine to Zacky.

“So not only do you play the bass, you smoke Marlboro’s?”

“You play, short shit?” Jimmy asks after handing Brian the smoke.

“Yeah but it doesn’t matter now.” I see Val tense as Matt and everybody made their way out the door. He glared at me as I handed the cigarette back to Zacky.

After finishing, we all made our ways to our cars and started to get ready to go. “Zacky, get your ass in the car!” Gena yelled as she popped her head out the window.

“Yeah I’m coming!” He smirks as I pat him on the back.

“She’s going to kick your ass.”

“Don’t worry I’ll whoop her if she does.” He smirks and I think about hitting him once he winks.

After almost everyone left I sit with Aaron in the car. “So do you want to go or not because Val keeps calling and you keep ignoring it?”

“What…oh yeah, let’s go.”

My mind however is elsewhere. I slowly think about how I know tonight is the night that Matt either tries to kick my ass or he just lets me keep it until later when Val isn’t around. All I can think about is how he makes me squeamish. I think if he chooses to kick my ass and break my face that I would let him. Of course I would fight back, but I would never go as low to tell him about the party with friends around.

By the time I arrive at the theater I had come to the conclusion that I liked Matt than I’ve ever liked anything or anybody. Of course I’d keep it to myself for fear of losing my face but for sure I’d have to tell Val.

Val waved at us from the front entrance and I smiled and waved back. “So are we going to watch a chic flick or are you actually going to let us watch something action packed?” She smiles and hugs me.

“We’re going to go watch Daybreakers and you’re so going to squirm like a little girl.” I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Really because I like vampire movies and you don’t, so what now.” She shook her head and we started getting in each other’s face while shaking our heads.

“Come on, let’s go before both of ya’ll get a head ache.” Aaron grabs my hand and we walk in. Everybody’s waiting for us by in the snack line.

“Hey, I’m going to go save us seats.” I say and Aaron follows. Once we get awesome seats in the back of the theater I feel someone sit next to me, well besides Aaron. Turning I see Matt and I swallow and turn to face the screen. Aaron put his hand on my thigh and I nearly jump out of my chair.

“What’s wrong baby?” He asked and I hear Matt repressing a laugh.

“Oh nothing, you just startled me.” I turn to him and see him nod. Before I knew it, Aaron had a palm on my cheek and was pulling my lips to his in a kiss. I sigh and kiss him back and feel his hand wandering up my thigh. My body was growing hot but I grabbed his hand and pulled away giggling.

“Aaron, please.” He smiled and kissed my lips again before pulling back.

“Fine, I guess I’ll just have to save that for later.” I sigh and sit straight in my chair. Matt was so tense that I thought he would strike out at me right then. Aaron looked at his phone then sighed. “They want me to go and help with the food. I’ll be right back.” He hurried down the stairs and I just smiled at him.

“So you’re dating now.” I heard Matt mumble with an undertone I couldn’t quite determine what it was.

“Yeah so?”

“So he’s an ass and only dates someone so he can fuck them. Guess ya’ll are perfect for each other.” He smirks when I glare at him. “Is he the one who took your pathetic v-card?”

I was almost tempted to yell at him and say that he did but I held it in and turned towards the screen. “Does it matter?”

I could tell that he just thought about what he asked and he tensed. “Look, I might hate your fucking guts but he could do worse than I could ever do. Guess I shouldn’t have told you huh?” He chuckles when my jaw falls into my lap.

The theater is almost full so Matt scoots down so that no one takes the extra seats we’re saving until the others get there. With Val sitting to my right, where Matt was, and Aaron sitting to my left I felt much more comfortable. However I could tell just how uncomfortable Val was because Matt sat next to her. I lifted the arm rest between Aaron and me, and laid my head on his shoulder. Occasionally I would catch his wondering hand and hold it in mine. Sometimes when I turned to talk to Val I would catch Matt’s glare, but wasn’t sure why he was glaring.

The movie was almost over because the main fight was going on. It was a gory and gruesome scene to watch but that was fine with me. When it was over everyone chatted while we waited for people to clear out.

When we finally got to the exit I walked over to Jas who was holding out a pack of cigarettes for me. I handed him the money I owed him for the smokes and put them in my back pocket after taking my last one out of the other pack. We start to walk away when one of the movie security guys head over and I handed my cigarette over to Jason.

He eventually stops following us as we walk around the parking lot and I take my smoke back from Jason who makes a face. Matt Baker smiles and holds out his hand for it once I blow smoke out of my nose. I hand it over to him but only seconds later realize my mistake because I’m face first eating concrete. The Berry’s try to help me up but Matt pushes them away.

Val jumps on Matt’s back before he can start pummeling me into the ground. He eventually gets her loose and she slips to the ground. Matt kicks me in the ribs and I hear that Jimmy is holding Brian back. Zacky grabs Matt’s shoulder and yells at him to stop. After a few more kicks and a couple of punches we hear the security yelling and Matt finally stops.

“You asshole!” there’s an audible slapping sound and I look up to see Val glaring at Matt, whose holding his cheek. If I wasn’t as sore as I was then I would have laughed at his wounded expression. “And here I thought I might take you back.”

As my friends help me up and to my car before more security gets there, Matt scurries away with his friends, and their girlfriends, who glare at them, to their cars and they leave. When I finally get to the car, all my friends help me in.

Once at my house Aaron parks my car and helps me to the door. I sigh and stop in front of the door. “Thanks for this Aaron I owe you.” I smile when he chuckles.

“Maybe when you’re not hurt I’ll have to take you up on that offer.” He wiggles his eyebrows at me and leans in and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck and increase the kiss. He groans and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to his body.

From down the street I hear a bunch of laughing and hooting. I pull back to see Matt and Brian watching Aaron and me. Blushing, I look back at my boyfriend. He’s smirking when he looks back at me. He licks his lips and kisses me again. His hand squeezes my ass and I decide he’s had enough fun for tonight.

“I have to go now Aaron.” He groans and pulls back further.

“Guess I’ll see ya tomorrow at school then.” He smiles and lightly kisses my lips before heading to his car. “Don’t forget, you owe me that favor baby.” He calls to me with his back still facing me. I sigh and head inside.

After bathing and examining the extent of damage that Matt inflicted I decided it was better than having a bruised ass for a week, at least I can lay, and sit down without major discomfort.

Throwing myself in bed, I wrap the blanket around me. Tomorrow was going to be a long day, in which I had to tell Val the biggest secret of my life. I liked Matt, a lot, and no matter the shit he put me through, I still wanted him more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey love you guys for your paitience. But please keep in mind that both of us try to get these up as soon as we can but Dead!. has exams and school to worry about right now! Good luck sweety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I <3 Dead!. and all she does to help with our story.