‹ Prequel: When Things Go Wrong
Status: Complete.

Help Me.

I'll Be Just Fine

“That’s a hickey.”

“No it isn’t.”

“Yes it is!” Valerie exclaims, giggling uncontrollably and I don’t want to even think about why her cheeks suddenly go so red. She’s probably thinking about what we did…oh lord. “You two…you two had buttsex!”

“Val!” I screech, chucking a pillow at her head. “Shut up!”

“You aren’t denying it!” She laughs, jumping next to me to kiss my cheek like a sister would. “I’m so proud of you Maxie. You really have gotten over it all…I’ve missed the real you.”

She sighs and lays her head on my shoulder, her arm wrapping itself around my arm and as she does that I can’t help but think…yeah, I’ve missed me too. Smiling, I hug the girl and thank her for everything that she’s ever done to me. For loving me, for being the mother of my child because come on she makes a good mom, for being my best friend, and for everything else she’s ever done.

She just smiled and told me that it was her job to take care of her babies daddy. I laughed at that and not long after our little moment she left to hang out with her new boyfriend, which is actually a pretty nice guy. I’m happy for her.

Sighing, I glance at Julie and take her into my arms. She plays with my hair and I smile at the words ‘dadda’ that work their way out her lips. It still makes my heart soar to know that this little girl is all mine. Sure I would have liked to have her later on in life, but…now is good too.

“Oh honey, I’m home!”

“He’s up stairs Seth,” my father’s laughter can be heard from my room. I laugh and listen to the pounding foot steps and wait patiently for my door to fly open. When it does Seth is standing there in all his glory.

My eyes can’t help but glance to the dark mark on his neck. I grin just thinking about it, because if that doesn’t scream ‘I’m taken’ I don’t know what does.

“Hello sexy,” Seth cheers, walking over to me and sitting at my side, placing a loving kiss just below my jaw. He glances to Julie and runs his finger over her nose. “And hello there squirt. She’s looking as cute as ever.”

I roll my eyes and place her down because she was wanting her toys, which were on the other side of the room. I watch her make her way over there and get her things, playing with her dolls while Seth and I sit silently on the bed.

At least it was silent until Seth sighs and leans his head on my shoulder. “I love you Maxie.”

“I love you,” I whisper to him, kissing his head and resting mine on top of his. The feel of his hand encasing my own makes my chest explode with those cliché butterflies and that tingling sensation shoots up my arm, making me shiver.

I take a look at Seth and I can’t help but ask myself what would I be like now if I hadn’t met him. Would I be this happy? Would I be smiling and laughing like I use to? Would I be me? Would I be Max if I hadn’t met Seth and fell head over heels for him?

Something in my chest is saying, no I wouldn’t be.

I didn’t think help would come in the form of a person, but there they were. First Deni and then Seth. Both of them helped me in their own way and both of them changed my life. Who knew two people would be able to do so much to my life.

Not that I’m not happy about it. Sure I could have gone without losing Deni and going through that time of despair, but it’s made me a lot stronger. It’s made me realize life has its ups and downs and I just have to work hard to get out of it and I know I can do it.

As long as I have my friends, my family, and Seth I know that I can do it.

Smiling, I lean in to place a kiss to Seth’s lips. He didn’t expect it so he hardly had any time to kiss back and when I pull away he is giving me a questioning look.

I sigh contently and rest my forehead against his own with a smile that’s probably as bright as a supernova. “Thank you,” I whisper to the boy who is utterly confused. “For helping me.”

Seth blinks, confused, but his slow brain must have caught on and soon he was smiling just like me. And he leans in to kiss me while saying, “It’s no problem.”

Yeah, as long as I have Seth I know that I’ll be all right. As long as I have all these idiots in my life, I’ll be just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, that's the end!
I suck at endings and idk if I like this or not
But whatever, I think it worked
I hope you all enjoyed this, because it's probably one of my more "real" stories?
Thank you all for subscribing and commenting and pushing me to do my best
I loveths you!!!!!!!!

Comment&Subscribe?