Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

a day to remember

     "Have fun at the beach. Hope the weather's better than it is here," I said, glancing out at the gloom outside. 
     "It is absolutely beautiful here. Okay, now go have fun with Alex tonight. You haven't seen him for two months, go wild," Cameron laughs.
     "Yeah, sure thing. Now go have fun. I shall call you tomorrow."
     "I shall await your call," she replies before we hang up. 
     I glance up at the clock. 5:34. Enough time to get ready and reach the venue. 
     I sit down in front of my mirror, scrutinizing my appearance. I hadn't seen my boyfriend for two months. I had to look good. No, I had to look drop dead stunning. 
     I stood and began rifling through my closet, looking past the shirts and jeans that would be more appropriate to be wearing to a show. After going through the contents of my entire closet, I finally decide on a pretty floral top paired with navy shorts. I throw a cropped jacket over that and drape on some necklaces and bracelets. I finish off with my worn Converse then step back to see the whole effect. 
     I tousle my hair, wavy from the braids I put in the night before and swipe a bit of lip stain on. I carefully outline my eyes in a deep gray and apply a bit of mascara. I splash a little Victoria's Secret scent on and grin at my reflection. 
     I fish the All-Access pass from my drawer and clip it to my belt loop. I grab my bag and head out the door, careful to step over Mr. Sheldon who's napping in the doorway. I shiver a bit as a breeze picks up and slip into my car. I fire up the engine and slip one of Jack's mix CDs into the stereo. 
     I jam to the rowdy choruses as I drive to the venue, in increasingly cold weather. I finally arrive to a crowded parking lot but luckily find a spot close to the entrance. I hop out of the car and rub my arms for warmth in the freezig wind; maybe I shouldn't have worn shorts. I glance up at the cloud-covered sky, wondering what could have brought on such weather in August. 
     Shrugging it off, I walk to the entrance and with a flash of my magic pass, I am whisked past the long line of girls waiting in the cold, jealousy evident on their faces. I smile and shrug as I pass through the doors. 
     Inside, I immeadiately start feeding off the energy in the room: the jostling bodies, the screaming fangirls, the promise that somewhere in this mass of sweaty people, Alex is there with his perfect smirk and warm arms. 
     I smile at the thought, a smile that disappears when I feel a rough push from behind methat causes me to stumble. 
     I turn to see a girl, one of the ones who was waiting in line outside. She had big, bottle blond hair and something very obvious stuck in her teeth. She sneered and flicked my All Access badge before turning to her friends, "Oh looky here, Little Miss Groupie got something out of her one night stand." Her friends cackled nervously behind here. I wondered why none of them told her about the food stuck in her teeth. 
     Suddenly, their cackling ceased as I felt an arm drape around my shoulders. Their mean eyes quickly turned to big, flirty ones. I looked up and smiled at my savior then reached up and flicked his big nose. 
     "Hey, Jack, long time no see," I grinned at the expression on the girls' faces. 
     "Hello, best friend. Were these girls bothering you?" He looks down at the petrified girls in amusement. 
     "N-no, I was just complimenting her top. I, uh, have to… bathroom," the blond stammered before scurrying off, her posse of wannabes quickly following. 
     "Thaaank you, Jack," I sang, resting my head on his chest. 
      "Nothing I wouldn't do for my homie g," he said, pounding my fist. 
      "Okay, Mr. Gamgster, how was the tour?"
     "It was loads of fun but we never had a good time because Mr. Merrick was always hovering. Buut, he had to leave for a business thing last week so it's been basically free rein since then." 
     "Awesome, I'm guessing alchohol's on the agenda?" I smirked. 
     "Of course, you didn't even need to ask that. And you know what else is awesome?" 
     "What?"
     "Alex is being Mister Mopey backstage, ha."
     "Why is that a good thing, though?"
     "Taylor, you just don't get it, do you? The sadder Alex is, the better the surprise of you being here, duh!" He finished, obnoxiously. 
      "Well, excuse me," I huffed jokingly, "Anyways, doesn't your set start in...oh, three minutes?"
      "Three mi—shit, I better get going. See you at the after party." He yelled and ran towards the stage. 
      I began pushing my way through the crowd, reasoning that getting as close as I could to the barricade would give Alex a better chance of seeing me. I was almost there when someone dropped a crowdsurfer and everyone in a six-person radius went down with him including me. I flailed under stomping limbs for a few terrifying seconds before I felt myself being hauled up by a pretty brunette. I smiled my thanks before realizing that my badge was no longer clipped to my shorts. My golden ticket to backstage was lost under the mosh pit.    
♠ ♠ ♠
ehh \:
sorry for the boring filler
I would have written more
but I don't want to bore you
guys with a hugely long chapter.

thank you sooo much to all the awesome
commenters/subscribers, I love you guys (:

Comment &Subscribe