Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

think about it till anticipation makes you shake

     "Hey, guess what?" Cameron asked as she played withNan empty straw wrapper on the sticky table top. 
     "Uhm, what?" I replied, my mouth stuffed with French fries. I dabbed at the ketchup at the corner of my mouth and swallowed before looking at her. 
     "My parents are taking me on the first vacation since, uh, 1999," she grinned. 
     "Awesome, where to?" I loudly began sucking the last of my milkshake down. 
     "Somewhere far from your terrible manners," she laughed jokingly. 
     "I'm really hungry," I said in defense of my massive fast food consumption, "So, where are you really going?"
     "Jamaica! Isn't that great? My dad got this amazing deal at some resort."
     "Awesome, so when are you leaving?" 
     "In two days! I'm so excited! I wanted to bring you along but I know Alex coming back this weekend and I don't want interrupt your happy reunion."
     "This weekend? Oh my god, you're right! I had completely forgotten and I just talked to Alex and Jack yesterday."
     "Well, have fun with that. I have to meet my mom to go shopping. I'll text you later."
     "Yeah, have fun!"
     I dumped my trash away and slid my tray to be cleared. Ignoring the leering stare of some creep frat guy, I headed to my car and drove home.
     I found a thick envelope with my name marked on it in Jack's instantly recognizable chicken scrawl. I ripped into it and found two laminated passes with my and Cameron's names printed on them. 
     I put Cameron's aside, knowing she won't be there and slipped my pass into my dresser drawer. 
     I slipped my phone from my pocket and speed-dialed 3. 
     "Hello?" A sleepy voice muttered thickly. 
     "Jack? Are you hungover?" I asked laughing as he winced at the volume of my voice. 
     "Yes, ma'am." 
     "Well, I just called to let you know that I got the passes even though Cameron's not going to be there because she's going on a long-overdue vacation."
     "Oh okay then. Anyways, don't tell Alex about the passes," he said mischievously. 
     "Oka—wait, why?" I asked confused. 
     "Because, I told Alex you were really cut up over not being able to be here Saturday and he's going have to hold off seeing you for two days."
     "Why did you tell him that?" 
     "So you can surprise him, duh."
     I could practically see Jack rolling his eyes at me from wherever he was. 
     "Genius plan, Barakat. Now go take some Advil or something. I'll see you soon." 
     "Yeah, I'll see you soon," Jack hung up. 
     I smiled as I put the phone down. 
     Saturday was definetly going to be a day to remember.    
♠ ♠ ♠
just a little update before I go off on vacation
comment &subscribe, please (: