Never Thought I'd Fall in Love Until I Moved to La Push

Uno

My mom died. She just recently died. The funeral was a couple days ago. My dad is now driving me all the way to my childhood home. I loved that place when I lived there. I had many friends now I'm getting to see them again. Where is this place? It's in Washington. It's a little Indian Reservation called La Push.

"Karissa?" My dad asked bringing me out of my thought.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We are here." He replied making me realize we had stopped.

"Oh." I said getting out of his car and grabbing my stuff from the back seat.

"Same room?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I changed it a bit since you were here last though." My dad replied.

"Alright." I replied heading up to my room.

I walked in seeing the house the same as I remembered years before. I smiled it still felt like home and I missed it.

I soon entered my room to see it was now a blue color that made me instantly fall in love with it. You see my room used to be yellow with pink elephants all over the walls.

"The elephants were freaking me out." Dad said standing in the doorway.

"They would've freaked me out too if I came back and they were still on my walls." I replied making my dad chuckle. "So who helped with this?" I questioned.

"Well a couple boys from around town helped paint and put all the stuff up here but I had my girlfriend help me with decorating." Dad replied.

"Your girlfriend?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you know her." He replied.

"Who is she?" I asked again.

"Well she just lost her husband two years ago and we have just now started dating. Her name is Sue Clearwater." My dad explained.

"I'm happy for you dad!" I exclaimed hugging him. I always thought of Sue as a second mother to me. "Wait, how did Harry die?" I asked.

"Well he had a heart attack and then he died." He explained.

"Oh that's so sad. I wonder how their kids are handling you two dating." I said mindlessly.

"They are barely around but when they are they act like they are happy with it." Dad said. I smiled.

"That's good. Well I'm going to unpack and I'll be down when I'm done for dinner." I said looking around the room again.

"Oh, that reminds me! We were invited over to Sue's for dinner tonight. We leave in two hours." He said leaving the room.

I began unpacking then I got ready to go and see my dad's girlfriend. I was wondering if there was only going to be Sue, Sue's kids, my dad, and me or if there was going to be more people. I guess I'll find out when we get there.