Status: Finished. Thanks guys!

Dedication Takes a Lifetime

16

There was a slight breeze blowing as we stood on top of the tiniest hill. Shaun was behind me, his head resting on my shoulder. “You ready?” he asked as I adjusted my helmet.

I took a deep breath. “I think so.”

I turned myself and gave in to gravity, letting it pull me down the slope. Everything I had learned long ago all came back to me quickly. I had no difficulty stopping at the bottom and letting the feeling – the joy that came from riding – take over.

“Let’s go do something bigger,” I urged Shaun as he came down.

The smile on his face was priceless. “Come on, then!”

We made it to the more medium-sized hill as quickly as we could. I was so anxious to get back up on a slope that was bigger, faster, more exciting, and Shaun was feeding off that.

I prepared myself at the top, as he did the same next to me.

“I’ll be right beside you the whole ride, so if you wanna stop, just holler.”

The speed, as I began the ride, was so much greater, and I got a huge adrenaline rush from it. I carved my way down, Shaun cheering as he rode beside me.

When we had stopped, he came over, smiling like an idiot. “Burgess is back, baby!” He kissed me on the lips – the first time in a month – and laughed. “You did it – I knew you could. I’m so happy you got your confidence back.”

Dumbstruck from the kiss, I just nodded.

“Wanna race?”

“You bet!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, short chapter. :/
So that means you guys get two updates today! :D
I'm working on the final one shot. It's really sad to let these characters go. :(
Oh, I'm making story layouts and banners now, so if you want one, message me!
Please comment with a prediction, a suggestion, concrit, your favorite part of the chapter... Yeah. I love hearing from my readers.
Update #2 is on it's way!