Status: Finished. Thanks guys!

Dedication Takes a Lifetime

07

“What the fuck! Again?” Shaun threw a magazine onto the bed. I stretched and sat up, having just been awoken from a nap. “Read this,” he spat, going over to his dresser and leaning on it.

The cover was an image of us at the X Games, Shaun leaning his forehead against mine at the bottom of the halfpipe. I remembered the moment and smiled. The headline, though, wasn’t something I enjoyed. Unhealthy Relationship – Burgess & White.

“Unhealthy?”

“Yeah, I know. Wait ‘til you read it.”

I flipped to the page listed in the table of contents and started reading the newest piece on us.

Star magazine promised you coverage of the X Games, and we’ve got it!

We managed to get an exclusive interview with Casey Burgess before Shaun’s halfpipe run.

She seemed rushed, though, for “Louie’s up.” Louie, we have confirmed, is one of the “mystery men” in the huge photo release last month. We approached her about this issue, and she denied cheating on Shaun. But then again, who would admit to that? We also asked her about her injury. “It’s making me more tense, which makes Shaun more tense.” Shaun was also heard saying, “Don’t worry me before my run… You know that always messes me up. I mean… I wanna win this… I’ve got enough on my mind as it is… And if I lose… I’m… blaming you.”

Sounds as if Shaun’s turning into a bit of a jerk, huh? Even though Casey may be cheating, it doesn’t give him the right to do this! We’ll keep you updated on this situation.


I looked at Shaun, who was gripping the dresser.

“I’m sick of this.”

“Me too, Spaz. Believe me. There’s nothing we can do, though.”

“Why can’t we say something? Would that make them stop?”

An idea popped into my head. “Maybe it would… you might be onto something.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. This is where all the real stuff begins.
Comments, suggestions, predictions, anyone?
Don't hate me for what happens later, cos it all works out in the end. ;)
More comments = better updates, I can tell you that!