Status: Finished. Thanks guys!

Dedication Takes a Lifetime

08

D.U.N.K. was blasting through the speakers in the living room as I sat on the couch with my laptop open, pounding on the keys. Shaun was out doing something to do with promoting his line of products, and I was furiously writing a statement for my website. He had given me the idea that speaking out would stop the tabloids, and I was running with it. I was proud of what I had so far, seeing as I’d only been typing for about fifteen minutes, backspacing constantly:

Okay, everybody. Listen up. I’ve got something important to say to you.

You’re not blind, and that means you’ve probably seen the stuff that the silly celebrity magazines have been printing about Shaun and I. According to them, we’re on the brink of breaking up, we’re cheating on each other, Shaun’s blaming me for stuff….

All of these are blatant lies.

The stupid people at those magazines are twisting our words to get better stories. They make it seem as if our relationship is tense. Yes, there is tension from my injury, but it’s not that major. It just makes him… not as hyped to go out and train, because I can’t be on a board next to him. We’re fighting through it, though, and my leg’s healing up nicely, believe me. I can’t wait to get the cast off.

Don’t buy into what the tabloids are saying. They’re crap. They’re liars. Shaun’s the same guy he’s always been, and I haven’t changed either. These writers paint an image of us that’s skewed and untrue.

It comes down to this: the only source you should trust is me, Shaun, or one of our close friends. There’s a whole gallery of pictures in the January issue of Life & Style. Any other source or information shouldn’t be taken as the truth.

And I’m happy to say this: Shaun White will not be on the market soon.

I’ll update you on my condition in a week!

~ Moose


I heard the door open. “Hey!”

Shaun entered the living room, throwing his jacket on the chair he was closest to and sighed. “Hey, Case.”

“Rough day?”

“Yeah, lots of stupid stuff.” There was an edge to his voice.

“Wanna talk about it?”

“Not really.”

“Okay.” I waved him over. “Look at this,” I said, handing Shaun my laptop. He plopped onto the couch next to me and started reading.

“Wow,” he stated after he finished. “That’s powerful stuff, Squirrel. You gonna post this on your site?” The look on his face was a mixed reaction – he had a smile but his eyes were skeptical and concerned. “For everyone to read?”

“Absolutely. Why wouldn’t I?”

“Well… what if they see it?”

“That’s the whole point! This is the… You said yesterday about speaking out, how maybe it would stop them? Yeah, well, this is what I did.” He was sucking the triumph out of my achievement.

“Imagine how much worse they’ll be, though, if they don’t stop.”

“I don’t care. I’m just sick of it, Shaun, and I’m hoping this’ll make it all stop.”

“I just… I’m not sure if it will, y’know?” He sighed. “If you think it’s a good idea, I’ll support it. I just worry.”

“I know you do,” I said, pulling him in for a quick kiss. “But I’m strong. I can handle it.”

“I’m sure you can.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was so much fun to write. :)
Now, show of hands, who thinks this is gonna open a whole new can o' worms for them?
I'm glad you guys are liking this. (Quick note to Erin - don't like the drama so much from another side, huh? Just kidding. I'm glad I made your day a bit better.)
You know the deal about comments.
Thanks for being patient with me!