Status: New. Slow.

Why Don't You Just Drop Dead?

Introduction

I walked in and collapsed on my bed after an exhausting first day of school. Well first day for me. My mother transferred me to a private school when people found out about my secret and I got labeled as the school freak. Mostly because people didn't really believe I had a gift and thought I was just insane. 

"So how was school? Nice uniform by the way." I jumped at the sound of a voice I wasn't expecting. I looked over to see Levi standing (Sorta) at the foot of my bed. I sighed and didn't answer his question. 

"Where have you been all day?" I asked my deceased beast friend. 

Yes you heard me correctly. 

I said deceased. Levi was my best friend from the time we were four until we were ten. When we were ten he was in a fatal car crash that took his life. 

So I was confused of course when my parents "broke the news" to me, when he was sitting right next to me. 

At the time I had no idea of my gift. And it wasn't until later when I spoke with great grandma Mary (who was also dead) and found out I had the power to communicate with our dearly deceased. 

When my parents found out, my father freaked out, leaving my mother and I on our own. My mother accepted me of course. But no one else did. They just thought I was crazy and avoided me. So my only friend was Levi. And he somehow maneged to grow on the other side with me. Leaving us both the same age. 

"Whats it to you?" he asked playfully. 

"Well there's not much a ghost can do around here. So I'm curious as to what you were doing since you weren't following me around all day. It's not like you were out bowling."

He sighed. "You have a point." I waited for a response that didn't come. 

"…Are you going to tell me?" 

"Nope." He said simply. 

Before I could reply I heard my mother calling my name. "Autumn! Can you come here for a sec?" She called from downstairs. 

I sighed and got up off my bed. I found my mom in the kitchen sorting through the refrigerator. "Yes mom?" 

"Hun, can you walk down to the store and get some eggs and butter?" She asked peeking up at me. 

"Mom," I whined. "I just got home! Couldn't you have called me on my way back from school?" 

"I didn't know I needed it then." She replied, not happy with my whining. 

I sighed dramatically before walking out of the kitchen. 

"Don't be so dramatic! It's just around the corner!" she called from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and headed out the door. Why couldn't she do it herself? At least she could drive. Although I guess it's my fault I'm too lazy to get my license. 

About half way there I heard someone call my name. I turned around trying to spot the person. When I didn't spot them I turned back around to start walking only to come face to face with a dark haired boy. He had blue eyes and looked to be maybe in his early twenties. And did I forget to mention? He was also dead. I sighed and walked around him, ignoring him. 

Normally when dead people try and contact me it's because they want me to do them a favor. Like pass along a message, or "find the diamond ring", or some shit like that. It's not that I don't want to help people. It's just that if I agree to help one dead person, then I'm overwhelmed with dead people wanting favors. They'd show up at my door step, or in my room when I'm sleeping. One time one showed up when I was in the shower. From that day on, I vowed never to help another spirit again. 

"Wait." he called after me. I continued to ignore him. "Please just listen." I continued walking pretending as if he weren't there. "Levi sent me." This stopped me. I turned to face him. 

"Levi?" I questioned. So that's what he's been up to all day. 

"Yes. Levi. He said you could help me." Damn it. I told him not to do this. This better be important. Or Levi is dead. Figuratively speaking of course. 

I sighed. "Alright. What is it?" 

"Its my brother. I need you too pass along a message." Of course. How clichè. 

I sighed again before responding. It better not be one of those, 'Forget about me. Just live your life. I'm happy. You should be happy. My death wasn't your fault' type of messages. "What's the message?"   
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, I know, it's stupid, starting another story and everything. Considering I have four I'm working on, but I had this idea floating around in my head.

Updates may be slow, but subscribe anyway?