Status: Finished. Sequel soon

Manage Me, I'm a Mess

Hair tossed and footing lost

“Where did I put my belt, eurgh god I need Katie”

I heard Lauren gurgle and walked over to her she was crawling around the bedroom floor, toys tangled on her chubby legs, and she looked very pretty in her pink flowery dress that her mum had put her in. I picked her up and placed her on my hip.

“Daaaa” She pulled on my slightly long fringe.

“Ouch baby no” I poked her nose and pouted at her to show it hurt. Her big brown eyes, identical to mine filled with tears. She was going to scream, I’d upset her with my playing around.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

Katie was due home from work any second, but the bleeping on the answering machine told me she’d be staying late again.

Now downstairs with 8 month old Lauren on my hip, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some food for her. I quickly fed her then check the time, 4.30pm. Katie was meant to be home at 2. Luckily there was no band stuff to do; we had just finished a huge world tour.

I put Lauren in the living room her toys were scattered around the room and she manoeuvred her way around them.

“Babe, really sorry. I’ll be home at 8 at the latest. I miss you and Lauren so much, I love you.”

I could hear Katie choke up when she left the message. I can imagine her running from her new office to the toilets to shed some tears. The thought of her crying tore my heart into.

We hadn’t spent any time together due to the world tour, new job and of course Lauren.
-----
5.30pm

“Laurennnnnnn, do you want to see mummy?” I asked making my voice sound higher to grab her attention. She wrapped her tiny fists around my hair and pulled excitedly while screeching.

I’m going to take that as a yes.
----
6.00pm

I quickly rung Katie and told her to take a break and meet me at the bottom of the building. 5 minutes later and she was in my arms. Lauren squealed from the pram and straight away Katie’s attention was on her. She was out of the pram in no time, and Katie held both of her hands helping her along the corridor.

Katie was hunched over helping Lauren walk while I trailed behind with the pram. Since
Lauren had been born our relationship has had its up’s and down’s. Sally-Ann moved away, she refused to see Lauren. The band got bigger, everything was perfect.

Finally my life was complete; nothing could ruin this at all.

“Alex no!”

Katie scolded me for the hard slap I had placed on her perfect butt.

“But you were in the position and I miss you so much. ALSO YOU KNOW WHAT WE HAVEN’T DONE IN A WHILE…”

I went to carry on but Katie had her hand over my mouth making all my speech sound muffled. She glared at me but I could tell it was playful.

“Tonight” She winked at me, and then placed Lauren in the pram.

She kissed me softly on the lips then sent me on my way.

2 YEARS LATER

“So I give her the flowers, then I tell her how much I love her, then down on one knee, pull out the ring and ask?” I muttered to myself.

“Dad quick she coming!” Lauren ran at my legs giggly. I swear she was so crazy.

Her hair was long and blonde, her eyes still a deep brown like my own and she just reached my knee. Today she was in her special dress

After all today was a special day.

“ALEX, ALEX”

Katie called out for me, she was probably wondering why I had left notes around the house telling her to come to the house of mirrors.

I walked over to her, she was wearing her old beaten up grey skinny jeans, a big oversized batman hoodie and her hair was curly slightly past her shoulders. She looked beautiful

“There you are. Ohh why are you all dressed up? I couldn’t be bothered to sorry babe”

She pulled me into a hug and kissed me softly. Lauren swished her special dress and pushed her hands up reaching for Katie.

“Hello baby”

Katie placed a small kiss on Lauren’s forehead; she squirmed slightly and tried to get back down.

“IT’S TIME”

Lauren shouted. I swear she wanted to ruin the surprise.

“Time for what sweetie?”

Katie questioned looking at me then back to Lauren, who had a large toothy grin on her face.

“Come here”

I placed my hands over Katie’s eyes and guided her further into the house of mirrors. I kept Lauren close knowing she didn’t want to miss this.

I pulled my hands away from Katie’s eyes and revealed the surprise.

“Will you marry me?”

Katie read aloud as she saw the four big mirrors with my scruffy hand writing scrawled on them. She turned around to face me and Lauren. Tears in her eyes.

I got down on one knee, Lauren next to me.

“Well…?”

I think Katie was stunned she didn’t answer for ages, and our little girl was not known for her patience. She toddled over to her mum and pulled gently on her leg. Katie bent down eagerly ready to listen to Lauren.

“This is where you say yes!” Lauren whispered loudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
END <3~
Thank you to everyone who commented, subscribed yay love love love

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. Hopefully out soon <3
Look for it (':

Tell me what you think (':