Status: ACTIVE

Where My Heart is.

Chapter 02

All of a sudden Dad comes running out of the house. “Hey, is everything okay? I heard screaming!” my dad had a wild look upon his face from running and he was panting extremely hard. Nick, Joe, Kevin and I all exchanged faces. Then we all burst out laughing. “I don’t get what’s so funny.” My dad said trying to laugh along with us. Finally being able to calm down I explained. “Nothing Dad, I fell and Nick here helped me.” The guys were still laughing at my father’s expression. “Dad, you have to see your face right now!”
Now irritated, my dad replied. “What? Do I have something on my face?” Because we were all laughing hysterically, we couldn’t response. “Look, I’ll be taking Ronnie to look around in a bit. Would you like to come along?” Joe stepped forward and spoke for the first time. “Sir, hi, my name is Joseph. My brothers and I have been living around here for a while; we could give you the “grand tour”. My Dad looked as if he had won an award. “Sure thing Mr. Joseph, we can take my truck. Let me run and get Ronnie.” As he walked away, he stopped and quickly turned around. “Oh, and by the way, just call me Robert. Sir makes me sound old.” With a swift smile he walked into the house.
“Wow, your Dad’s a pretty cool guy.” Joe said. I could hear the sarcasms in his voice, but I didn’t mind. My dad was pretty cool.

Nick’s P.O.V.
I couldn’t help but laugh. Her dad really was cool for an old guy. He kind of reminded me of my manager, John, he was the corny type. When I first started my doing business with him It was nerve-wrecking. But now I was ad goofy as him. “Hey, Nick, Kevin and I are going to run downtown real quick and we’ll meet you there.” My older brother, Joe, was trying to give me a hint but I wasn’t getting it. Obviously, my confusion was showing. “Dude, we’ll meet you THERE!” Joe pressed again. Annoyed, my eldest brother, Kevin, pulled me to the side. “We’ll meet you at the studio. Remember? ” Kevin made sure that I understood being that he dragged out every word in his sentence. Feeling stupid I replied. “Oh! Yeah. Of course. See you guys in a bit!”
“Okay, see you later. Nice meeting you-” Kevin said hesitantly.
“Ivory, my name is Ivory. And nice meeting you both.” With a big grin on his face, Joe yelled. “Yeah, see you again Ivory!” Joe looked a little too happy when he said the last part. No one knew it, but I had a feeling she was going to be mine.
“Okay guys, hop in the truck!” Robert was jogging yet walking towards their black Yukon with silver rims. Ivory turned to me. “Are you coming with us, because you can? If it’s okay with your parents.” She smiled, although she seemed nervous; as if afraid I would reject her. “Sure. I’ll just text my mom.” As soon as I said that a little girl ran up to us. She looked about thirteen. “Were going downtown, are you coming?” The girl had totally ignored me. I guess her father’s genes skipped a generation.

Ivory’s P.O.V.
“Yeah Ronnie, I’m coming. Oh, and in case you haven’t noticed, this is Nick. He lives around here!” Ronnie looked at me then at Nick. She gave him a broken smile and introduced herself. “Hello Nick.. I’m Veronica, but you can call me Ronnie. Are you coming with us on the tour?” to my surprise, he replied and they traded friendly smiles.
While we were on the road, my Dad thought it best if we figure out where we were headed first. Ronnie suggested we go to the County Fair she saw on our way here. “Oh. Yeah. Everyone is pitching in to help with the March of Dimes.” Nick sounded so professional and calm. S if he’s said it a thousand times before. Ronnie looked confused. Her eyes were squinted and her neck jerked out. “March of Dimes?”
“Wait a minute, you’ve never heard of The March of Dimes?” He exchanged looks with both of us. “Where are you guys from, space?” My dad let out a little chuckle but kept his eyes on the road. He cleared his throat, “Nick, were from Dallas, Texas. We’ve never heard of anything by that name. How ‘bout you explain it to us son.” Although his eyes faced the road, I could tell he was ready to learn something new.
Nick had explained to us that The March of Dimes is a march for babies who are sick or dying. He said that at the end of the month the march will be from one city to another. “So you guys lived in Texas huh? Is it hot out there? I hear it’s like the dessert!” Nick looked so surprised I had to laugh. While dad was talking about how the weather is so unique and different, I could feel Nick staring at me. He was smiling as if satisfied with life or like he just saw his most favorite item in the world. I tried to ignore it but it was extremely hard. All of the sudden, a big smile spread across my face! I don’t know why but I had a tingly feeling all over.
&&&
“Okay! There is alo-” Nick stopped in the middle of his sentence. “Do you have fairs in Dallas?” He seemed a little hesitant as he said this. “Of course we have! We have one every year!”Ronnie shouted at Nick as if he was wasting her time. “Oh Ron, don’t give Nick a hard time. He’s just trying to help. Now act right, ya hear?” Dad didn’t look upset, but we both knew he was serious. “Fine! Go ahead.” Ronnie’s bottom lip lowered as Nick began to speak.
“Well it seems you guys know what to do. See anything you like?”
♠ ♠ ♠
okay..... im not sure about this one...tell me what you think, please?
--------------- Jaay