Status: i'll update when i can.

Everybody Needs Somebody

twelve.

Hayley just gave a weak smile as they turned the last corner to their school.
“Hayley?” Will asked, stopping just outside the school gate.
“Yes?” She turned, forcing a half-smile.
“Ilikeyou,” he breathed, and before Hayley could even ask what he had said, his hands were on her cheek and her back, and his lips were crushing hers.
“Sorry,” he muttered, before rushing off into the school building.
Hayley avoided his looks for the rest of the day. She was just so...confused by his kiss. A part of her thought it was out of place and inappropriate-she had been right there in front of him for sixteen years, why now? Why now when she was messed up and grieving for her parents? Why now, when Zach was so critically ill?
But a part of her-a tiny part of her-liked it. She liked how awkward Will was. She liked how his mum could still tell him off and he’d skulk off like a little kid. She liked how he focused hard in English, his favourite lesson, and how his tongue would stick out as he wrote. She liked watching him play games against his friends on his PlayStation and, sometimes, very discreetly, she would celebrate with him when he won.
Will kept looking over at Hayley, who seemed to be avoiding him. Why did he like her? He wasn't even sure he even liked her in that way. All he knew was the kiss was good. Why hadn’t he seen how pretty she was before? How her hair was always shiny, even when she ran her hands through it when she was upset. He liked how she always looked after people, and he actually admired that she worked in an old folk’s home. He liked how she would frown when concentrating, a cute crease between her eyebrows, and when she smiled, really smiled, she would do that thing with her nose...He liked Hayley, and he had a funny feeling he always had, deep down. So why was he just noticing her like that? Could it actually be because her family had died, and he felt sorry for her? He was just so confused. Was it okay to like her so soon after her parents had died? Were there rules for this sort of thing?
Will put his head in his hands, and tried to drown out the sound of their English teacher’s voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh, a kiss! :)