Status: i'll update when i can.

Everybody Needs Somebody

nine.

On her left fourth finger were her mother’s engagement and wedding bands. On her right fourth finger, her father’s wedding band. Around her neck hung Zach’s Star Wars necklace. Will noticed these pieces, but he didn’t comment. He let her walk in peace, staying by her side so if she happened to cry, he could hold her up and hug her. She needs a friend now, he thought.
When they got into school, instead of letting Hayley sit alone at the back of their form room, he sat with her, ignoring Scott and Andy calling him over.
“Go sit with them,” she told him, her head low, fiddling with her mother’s rings. She didn’t move as their form teacher, Mr Jones, took the register. Will bit his lip-he didn’t actually want to leave her. He liked his friends, sure, but truthfully, he was growing to like the butterflies he got from being around Hayley. She mumbled “I’m here,” when her name was called, but other than that, she was silent, offering no reply when Will asked her what they had next lesson. An awkward silence fell upon the teenagers until Will broke it after an uncomfortable few minutes.
“Listen, Hayley, I can sit here, it’s cool, I don’t mind.”
Under any normal circumstances, Hayley would have known what this meant-he had butterflies, just like she did. But racked with guilt and a constant feeling of dread, she didn’t. She didn’t realize at all how Will was looking at her-carefully, as though he was worried she might just run away at any minute. Amazed, because her strength stunned him.
Instead, she huffed and she replied with, “I don’t need you to hold my hand all the time, Will.” The bell rang, signalling they should move on to their next lesson-Art-and she stormed out. Will didn’t want to think about how mad she would be when she realised they studied Art together.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have written soo much for this story, but ive been focusing on After The Storm, so thats taken up a lot of time. anyways. STOP SILENT READING! if you like it, tell me! if you didn't, tell me! if i made any mistakes, if you have any ideas, whatever. tell me. i return comments, so what's the harm? x