Behind The Curtains

Chapter Eight - Surprise!

Nate’s POV

Tyler pulled into his driveway, put the shift in “park”, and took the keys out of the ignition. We just sat there for a few moments in the dead air. There had been no conversation, no music, no radio, no nothing on the way home, just awkward silence.

Tyler stated the most obvious thing he could possible, “Uh . . . We’re here?” I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

“Oh, that was the stupidest thing I’ve ever said . . .” I just chuckled. I turned my head and we made eye contact. And for those seven seconds, where everything should have felt perfectly normal, it felt so perfectly . . . weird.

“So, uh, thanks for bringing me home.” I said as I grabbed my Element book bag and flung the door open. I slammed the car door and quickly walked up the short sidewalk to Tyler’s house, my new home, and reached for the door knob. Right as I had turned the knob and opened the door just a crack, I felt arms on my shoulders. I froze, my bag dropped to the hard concrete, and my eyes widened.

“Nate. . . ?” I turned around while looking at the ground.

“Uh, y-yeah?” I started to look up as one of his hands replaced itself on my right shoulder and the other felt my forehead.

“Just as I thought, you’re burning up, you really need to lay down.” I kept staring at his mouth as he spoke to me with sweet words of concern, “Why don’t you go upstairs and take a nap in my—“

I grabbed his face and pressed my lips against his in one quick movement. I was so surprised with myself, and apparently Tyler was too, he hesitated for a moment and then gave in. It was nothing like the eye contact we made earlier in the car, it wasn’t awkward at all. It was just . . . perfect.

I pulled back and looked him in the eyes and said, “I think I’m in love with you.”
Tyler’s eyes widened for a second and then they closed as the biggest smile I’ve ever seen appeared on his face. He attacked me in a hug and giggled like a little girl. Then he said, “I think I’m in love with you too.”

I smiled, and so did my heart. I had been hiding the biggest secret I’ve ever had, from the best friend I’ve ever had for such a long time. I finally let it out, I don’t have to hide it from him anymore, and I’m so happy. I’ve never been happier in my life.

Tyler let go of me and took my hand. “Now,” He said, “It’s about time for your nap, mister.”

He led me in the house, up the stairs, and to his room. I felt like child being led to the bathroom because I got lost on the way there. But it felt good. I was still filled with such happy feelings, nothing could've been better than that. I kicked off my shoes and got under the covers of Tyler’s Pokémon themed bed. He tucked me in and kissed my forehead, and right before he turned out the light and closed the door he whispered, “Sweet dreams.”

I smiled once again and closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep where I had most wonderful dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, I really love when people comment my writings, so don't be shy to tell me what you think!
Constructive criticism is openly welcome.
Tell me what you do and don't like about the story/chapter/etc. But don't be mean! =D

Thanks to everyone who reads/comments/subscribes, it means a lot!!
<333Sara