Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Our Heat Is Gone

One

I was lying down on my right side on my perfectly made bed around the grey hour of the day. Grey hour meaning it was probably around 5:00 PM, the most tiring part of the day, for me and some at least. I was just thinking to myself deeply and looking out the window at nothing in particular.

My boyfriend's arm was slung around over my waist, his hand was laced with mine and placed under my chin, he had me pulled into his body real close. I could feel his steady breathing on the top of my head and I knew he was soundly and peacefully asleep. While I on the other hand was having the worst time on trying to find a small nap like he had. I could not help but to shiver. I was cold. I tried to contain it to not disturb his slumber.

"Lexi?" I head him say my nickname softly.

"Yeah?"

"Are you still cold?" He asked. I guess my constant shivering woke him up.

"Yeah."

With my answer, he pulled me closer to him and wrapped one of his legs around my lower body, tangling my own legs with his, all in an attempt to keep me warm. It slightly helped. Then with a kiss planted under my ear, I forgot about everything, and soon I found my sleep.

-xxx-

When we woke up, well when I woke up, Josh was still sleeping, I picked my head up and looked over to the clock on my nightstand by my bed. It read 6:45. I dropped my head back down on the pillow and sighed. I felt Josh moving and moving, soon I realized he was fully awake.

"What time is it?" He asked as I turned to look at him rubbing his eyes.

"Like around 6:45-ish."

"Shit, we're going to be late if we don't get up soon!" He said sitting up and running his fingers through his normal and usual shaggy hair.

"Late? Late for what?" I asked completely lost and sitting up myself.

"Don't tell me you forgot, Lexi." He whined.

I just shrugged in response.

"I reserved a table for us at that restaurant for tonight, remember?"

"Oh crap! That's right. I totally forgot about that. I'm so sorry, Josh." I apologized not remembering. I truly was sorry. I remember him telling me about how difficult it was to get a reservation at that restaurant now-a-days. It was one of the most seemingly fanciest restaurants in town and it was also the restaurant where he took me to on our first date, which he clearly went all out on, but won me over.

He just smiled though, forgiving my faulty memory, leaned in close to me and said: "It's okay, just be ready by 8, and I'll come back over to pick you up. Then we'll be on our way." He sealed this by pressing his lips to mine. When he pulled away his lips were still lingering by mine, I smiled and replied with and 'okay', then planted a kiss of my own on his lips.

A few more pecks later, he was soon out of my house and soon out of the driveway. I sighed out of stress once again and just lied down on my bed for a few more minutes before I got ready. It wasn't that Josh and I's relationship was terrible or anything. In fact, it was just perfect, absolutely perfect. He did not do a single thing that would make me angry or give me any reason for me to leave him. None at all. I couldn't just leave him and I didn't want to.

I have been thinking a lot lately and I think that maybe, maybe, it just might be that that is the reason to why I am finding it very difficult to leave this place, to leave Josh, to go back home, and home was a country away from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! It's about Josh Franceschi.

Leave comments on what you thought.

Subscribe maybe?