Status: Slowly active. Leave comments.

Our Heat Is Gone

Ninteen.

“What? We’re dropping the tour?” I asked trying to clarify what I just heard. I looked back between David and Cameron. By now, Wes and Eric’s attention was on me. I take it that they already knew about the situation before they got back on the bus. I was the last to know. Cameron looked over to David for assistance on explaining the deal.

“Yeah, we have no other choice, Lex.” He said and let out a big sigh. I could tell they all really didn’t want to drop the rest of the tour. It was almost over and they were supposed to embark on another tour a few weeks after Warped. “Cameron’s throat surgery is already scheduled for next Saturday back home. We head back to Virginia tomorrow after the signing. We have to let the fans know about what’s going on.” He finished and took out his laptop. I assumed he was going to spread the news. Cameron nudged David and David jumped suddenly remembering something. “Oh yeah! Cameron figured that since your friends are on this tour maybe you could finish out the tour with them. He talked to Dan about it already and he said it was fine with him if you’re okay with it. Cameron wanted you to spend as much time with them until they have to head back home to the UK.”

I looked up at Cameron and he smiled at me again. I didn’t understand him. He was so caring and thoughtful. He knew how much my friends meant to and even with what happened with Josh. A part of me also felt like he was pushing me into the arms of another man. I still couldn’t unwrap my mind around what happened with Josh earlier today.

“Really?” I asked looked at Cameron.

He nodded and opened his mouth: “Yeah, I know how much they mean to you and you shouldn’t have to end this reunion so abruptly just because I didn’t take care of my voice.” He tried to say.

“I’ll have to go talk to Dan and Max about this. I’m not so sure yet. I mean Some of those guys on the bus don’t like me.”

“You’ve done a pretty good job at avoiding him. So why not stick it out for two more weeks?” Cameron asked while shrugging like it was not a problem at all.

“I guess. I don’t know. I still need to compromise with them.”

“Okay, you do what you want.” He said.

-xxx-

It was evening time already and the headlining bands were soon about to hit the stages they were assigned to play on. I was making my way towards the You Me At Six bus. I didn’t bother to ask Dan if Matt or Josh was on I just continued walking until I was there. I knocked on the bus and Max answered.

“Lexi! What a surprise! What brings you here? Come in, love.” He said all at once and stepping aside and offering me a hand to help me up the steps. I accepted and hopped on the bus. I looked ahead of me and saw Chris on his laptop; when he looked up he gave me a warm smile which I returned. My smile instantly faded when my eyes settled on the two other figures on the couch next to Chris. Matt just looked at me with disgust and Josh’s expression was unreadable. I don’t know if he was mad or what at me. “Dan, come out!” Max shouted from behind me. Dan soon came out from the bunk area hallway. He gave me a quick hug when he saw me.

“Hey Lexi, what brings you here?”

“Cameron needs throat surgery.” I said.

“So, what does that have anything to do with us?” Matt interjected rudely.

Dan shot him a glare and turned back to me and said: “Yeah, he told me when he got back. That must really suck for him.”

“Yeah, it does. It’s kind of painful to hear him talk.” I admitted. Then I heard Josh mumble something under his breath. I looked at him for a brief second and when he noticed my stare he shifted uncomfortably. Jerk. “They have to drop the rest of the tour.” I added.

“Not unless you accept my offer.” Dan reminded.

“What offer?” Josh asked sitting up.

“I talked with Cameron. Chris, Max, and I are willing to have her stay on our bus for the rest of the tour despite you two.” Dan said.

“What? We don’t have a say in this at all?” Matt asked.

“She’s our friend and we haven’t seen her in a year. Who knows when we’ll get to see her again or when we’ll be back in America? Plus, you both are overruled.”

“This is ridiculous! I don’t want to share this bus with her. She can go back home with them for all I care.” Matt said as he sunk back in his seat with his arms crossed.

“Shut up, Matt!” Josh said.

“Oh so now you’re defending her?” Matt asked obviously shocked at Josh’s outburst. Quite frankly so was I; we all were.

“No. I’m just tired and I’m not in the mood to hear anybody bitch about stupid fucking shit! Let her stay on the bus. I don’t care. I don’t want to have anything to do with her and she better stay out of my way.” Josh said and got up walking away towards the bunk area. Matt groaned and got up as well and headed towards the same direction Josh went to.

“You’re staying with us!” Max exclaimed!

“I didn’t exactly say yes or no yet.” I reminded them.

“Who are you kidding? You have to say yes. I’m your best friend!” He said hugging me.

“I don’t know. They really don’t seem to want me around.” I already figured that, but I also really wanted to spend just a few more days with my friends. “Maybe I could stay on another band’s bus. I’m sure The Summer Set wouldn’t mind. They’re good friends with the guys.” I suggested.

“No! No need for that! We got you covered right here! Please stay, Lexi.” Max begged as he got on the floor on his knees and wrapped his arms around my lower half. I looked around and heard Chris laugh lightly at Max’s antics. Dan was just watching the entire time.

“You’re not going to help get this lunatic off me?” I asked him trying to push Max off me.

“Nah.” He said shaking his head.

“Thanks. I know I can always count on you, cuz.” I said sarcastically, still trying to pry Max’s arms around me. “Max, let go. You’re mental.”

“Well, just say you’ll stay with us. Don’t let those assholes drive you away. You have us and Dan is right. Who knows when the next time we’ll be in America again? It could be another year!” He said.

I thought about it for a moment. They did have a point. Warped only came every summer and that was usually the only time of the year when they would come out to America. I already couldn’t stand the idea of waiting another year to see them. Why was I letting Matt and Josh stop me? If anything this should help me regain Matt’s trust seeing is that I’ll be around him more often even though he really despised me at the moment. As for Josh, that was going to be a mystery for now. Well, if it was alright with Cameron…

“Fine, I’ll stick out the rest of the tour with you guys.” I caved.

“Yes!” He exclaimed getting up from the ground quickly and hugging me tightly.

“I guess you might want to break the news to them.” I said pointing to the direction where Josh and Matt went to.

“Fuck what they think. I have my best friend back.” Max said.

-xxx-

“I can’t believe you’re leaving tomorrow.” I said as Cameron and I were lying in the couch in the back of the bus. I was leaning with my back against him, his arms wrapped around me. We had been watching a few movies over the last couple of hours. They had finished their signing that day and we were spending every second they had left on this tour together.

“I know, but think about it. In just a week you’ll be back home. I think you can manage a week without my annoying ass.”

“I don’t think your ass is annoying at all.” I said turning around and lying on top of him. A smile crept on his face when he met my lips halfway. I smiled into the kiss and adjusted myself on top of him, our lips never pulling away from each other’s. We continued this for a couple of minutes until we heard footsteps nearby. I pulled my lips away from his reluctantly and just rested my head on his chest. We pretended as if we were watching the movie that was still playing on the TV screen when we saw David come in.

“I gotta admit. I will miss seeing you around for a while, Lex.” He said plopping down on the seat across from us.

“Shut up.” I groaned and buried my head in Cameron’s chest. I wasn’t in the mood to bicker with David at the moment; even though we just did that for fun. I just wanted to spend the rest of the night with Cameron peacefully.

“What? I was being serious.” He said innocently.

“Just, just, don’t mess with her.” Cameron replied and rubbed my back.

“This is the last time I try being nice to her.”

“This is the only time you’ve ever been nice to me!” I joked, but acted like I was frustrated with him.

“Yup, I am definitely going to miss you, Lex.” David said while laughing.

I was definitely going to miss them too.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not much, but I've kept you all waiting too long. Some of y'all probably left...

I'm too busy not having a life. No, I really do lie around thinking about this story trying to see where I should take things next. I'm really going to be jumping around a bit in the next few chapters just so I can finish this story because I've been dragging it around forever.

I saw You Me At Six this past Monday. I finally met Max; just Chris and Matt left, but that'll be another time. Ugh, I miss them, but that show also gave me a motive to update.

Comments are always appreciated and I love talking to you all so feel free to drop me a comment.