Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Twenty Six

I sighed, looking down at my purse; I had felt like crying all morning. I sat in the waiting room, awaiting my flight. Jonathan at my side and Patrick Sharp on the other. That’s it. Those were the only two who had come to the airport... and I would be lying if I said I expected it.

Truthfully, after all I’d been through with these guys, I’d expected a little bit more of a turnout or at least a goodbye, but I didn’t get any of that. I received a text message from Brent, telling me to have a safe flight and that we would see each other next time I came into town. That’s about it.

I sound selfish, I know, but I had no idea when the next time I’d be back was. Hell, I might not even return. These people could just become faint memories and I wouldn’t even have a goodbye to end it with.
Sighing, I glanced at the departing flights. Five minutes and I’d be boarding, but I felt glued to my seat. I didn’t want to move, I didn’t want to leave everyone and I didn’t want to just be a memory for them. Sure, I pretty much screwed them all over and lost all of their trust and respect, but they were my friends.

“You OK?”

Jonathan’s hand was on my knee, reassuring me that I needed to do this... for myself and the people who I hurt.

I nodded, fighting back tears, “Yea. I’ll be fine.”
He smiled lightly, reaching down into his bag that he’d be taking to practice after I left. He pulled out a stuffed bear wearing a Blackhawks sweater, number 19. I froze as he handed it to me; it was the cutest thing I’d ever seen.

“Jonny...” I whispered.

He smiled as I wrapped it into a hug, “You like it?”

“I love it!” I said quietly, finally letting go and crying.

He hugged me tightly, nearly squeezing my brains out. I couldn’t help but giggle as he kept squishing tighter. He was a keeper, I’ll tell you that, and one day he was going to make some girl out there very happy.

Then... the horrible happened. They called my flight to board. I could feel myself latch on, I didn’t want to leave and I didn’t want to become distant with these people. If only I hadn’t screwed up, if only I’d realized what I had when it was right in front of me.

I stood up, and so did Patrick and Jonny. Jonny gave me a long, comforting hug, kissing my head.

“You’ll be fine, kiddo. You’ll be back before you know it,” If only I knew that was true... it’d feel a lot better, “There’s always room at my place if you need it.”

“I know,” I sniffled, wiping my face on his black sweater, “Thank you. I love you Jon.”

He smiled at me and let me go, “I love you too. Be good.”

I could only laugh as Patrick came towards me, “Yea, we’ll miss you squirt,” he embraced me quickly; gesturing that he’d always be there... which I knew was true. He was truly a remarkable person, inside and out.

“I have to go,” I whispered as he pulled away, “I love you guys, I’ll see you soon.”

They nodded. I took a deep breath, wrapped a hand around my two suitcases that I was bringing with me and not through mail and started walking towards the gate. I could feel the stress leaving me, being replaced with sadness, but a realization that I was moving on.

I handed my ticket to the lady and she smiled, “All ready to board?”

I cleared my throat, giving a solid nod, “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

She gave a half-hearted laugh and handed it back, motioning for me to go through. That’s when I heard it.

“LEAH!”

I spun around, confused. That wasn’t Johnny or Sharpie’s voice. When I saw the blonde, baby faced boy running towards me I let go of the handle, sending my suitcase to the ground with a clank.

Patrick Kane.

I froze as he approached red in the face and huffing. Behind him, Jonathan and Sharpie looked on in shock.

I blinked, “What are you doing here?”

Patrick took a breath and stared me directly in the eyes. The blue eyes that mesmerized me taking control again, “You can’t leave.”

I gulped, “Why?”

He buried his hands in his pockets and never broke eye contact, not once. Not for a second, “Because I’m in love with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Congrats Hawks, I knew you could do it. You completed my life.
Anyway, this is the FINAL chapter, LAST one. is 10+ shooting too far? Please guys:)
xoxo I love you and thanks for supporting this story throughout it's life. :)<3

maybe a need some rehab, or maybe just need some sleep, i've got a sick obsession- it's name is lord stanley . ;)

... how many more days till the season starts? :)