Sequel: Kiss and Tell

Your Love is my Drug

Six

“Leah.”

I glanced up, Brent’s shirtless body walking into the room. He looked hot, just getting out of the shower, “Yeah?”

He dried his hair with the towel, “Are you coming out tonight, after the game?”

This is where it got tricky. On more than one occasion, Pat had decided to tempt me, right in front of my boyfriend. It was literally, right under Brent’s nose. We’d be sitting at a bar and suddenly, somebody would be playing footsies with me, or somebody’s hand would rub my knee underneath the table.

Sure, it was cute, but not when Brent’s right there, along with twenty of his team mates. For some reason, Patrick didn’t care about the public and he thoroughly enjoyed pissing me off, so he continued with it.
“Um,” I said, popping some popcorn into my mouth, “Yea, sure.”

He nodded, smiling lightly, “Are you checking me out, babe?”

I was still chewing when I burst into a grin, “Shut up, you’re hot.”

He chuckled, turning around and leaving me in the living room, alone. I watched him go, checking out his cute bum in his boxers as he walked away. He really was something.

Sighing, I returned to the movie. Only about five minutes later, he waddled back in, fully clothed, and sat down next to me on the couch. In a second, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him. Instantly, I got a whiff of his cologne, mixed with the body wash he had used.

He smelt good. Really good.

I leaned up to sweetly kiss his jaw, “You should be napping, Brent.”

He glanced down, his blue eyes sparkling, “Come with me.”

I cringed. I hated naps, unless they followed sex. He knew that. However today, he was looking; smelling and acting good and he really deserved to be treated like my boyfriend. I was, after all, his girlfriend.

“Brent...”

He rolled his eyes, pinching my shoulder gently, “C’mon babe, one nap won’t kill you. We don’t even have to spoon.”

I grinned, “Ew.”

He just stood up and hovered over me, shoving his hand in my face. I looked at it for a second, feeling the gentle buzz of my phone in my pocket and gave in, slapping my hand into the palm of his. He pulled me up, leading me to the bedroom.

As he peeled down his clothing, I checked my phone. My heart dropped to my toes, it was Patrick.

You coming over?
I swallowed, my eyes shifting to the boy who was curling up in the covers. He needed me for a day and I was going to give him my full attention. I shut my phone off entirely and pulled down the blinds, crawling into bed next to Brent, wrapping my arm around his stomach.

He turned on his side, kissing my lips softly, “I love you.”

I felt like vomiting, but I pressed my lips to his again quickly, “I love you too, Brent.”

He smiled, letting his eyes drift. I could feel the guilt prickling my skin and the tears stabbing at my eyes. He didn’t deserve any of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks, to the two of you who consistently comment. I love you guys! I'm glad you like the story, but I'm not sure if I do quite yet- tell me what you like about this chapter. Comment please, It'll be greatly appreciated!!!

here's chapter six!