Status: Sequel coming soon! :D 14 days from Oct 19, 2010 :D Maybe sooner if I get comments :D

What to Do?

You sounded like a girl, Bieber.

“What the hell?” I said shocked. He merged into the freeway I-5 N.
“What?”, he asked innocently.
“Okay, we’re going to San Francisco?”, I asked to confirm my thoughts. He nodded simply. “But. My mom will not approve of this”
“She already has”
“My dad won’t”
“He said ‘great!’”
“The losers and Vee?”
“They’ll follow”
“I don’t have money!”
“I do, I withdrew 5 thousand dollars from the bank this morning”
“Paparazzi”
“We won’t be spotted, they think I’m in the Bahamas and you’re in the Caribbean”
I gave up. I leaned against the window. “How long?”
“A week and a half”
“UGH. With you? No thank you”
“You’re already in the car with me. No choice.”
“My life gets crappier by the minute”, I grumbled. “It’s 6 hours away! I don’t like long drives, I get bored.”
“I’ll entertain you”, he said smirking. I rolled my eyes. Fuck this break. “Don’t worry, Carl and Scooter know, so if we need anything, Vee and the guys will bring it”
I was horrified. “Are you serious? They were siding with you? How rude! I thought they were MY best friends” He just chuckled. “You know what? Wake me up when we get there”, I said and went to sleep. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. You could say that I abuse it.

**4hours later**
“Wake up”, somebody said, shaking me. I just groaned. “Steph, come on, wake up”, the voice said again. “Do you seriously want me to kiss you?”, it said threatening me.
I opened my eyes. I looked at the time, it was still 3pm. This guy probably drove 100mph, since we left at around 11. I looked around, and saw we were in front of a hotel.
“Where are we?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.
“St. Regis hotel, in San Francisco”, he said unbuckling hisn seatbelt.
“No. Wait”, he stopped and looked at me. “People are gonna recognize us”, I said.
“What? You wanna sleep in the car?”, he asked and rolled his eyes.
“No, I’m saying we stay at our old apartment”, I said and rolled my eyes. He raised his eyebrow at me. “Go toward the bay bridge, cross it, and stay right. “ He gave me an unsure look. “Yes I’m sure”.

We arrived at our destination. It was a man made Island near Oakland. It was small, but peaceful. I lived near the beach. Crappy beach at that. We parked in front, and went in. Our apartment faced the beach. It was the apartment, the road, then the beach. Great view of San Francisco.
I opened the door to smell the familiar smell of strawberries and the scent you smell when you’re out at night.
“Why do you still have this place?”, he asked, closing the door behind him
“When I’m not in public eye? I stay here. My mom doesn’t know, but I told the manager to keep it shut”, I said and laughed.
He raised his eyebrow at me. “So, this is like your get away?”

“Yeah, pretty much. I grew up in this city..”, I said. “Well, anyways. You can use my parents’ old room, since it’s basically empty”, I said and dropped my bad on the couch. The place wasn’t big, it was .. medium? I guess. You walk in the door, and it has walls on both sides, kind of like a hallway. About 5 feet from the door, you turn left, the rooms on the right, the bathroom on the left. To the right is the living room and the kitchen. My room had the connection to the bathroom, through a walk in closet.

“Okay. I’ll get the clothes from the car, and you can go clean up”, he said and walked out of the door. It was still 4, but oh well. I felt icky from that 4? 5? Hour drive. I sat on the couch watching TV, feeling the familiar texture of the couch, the memories came rushing back. How it all started.
Justin got back 15 minutes later with 2 luggage bags. I assumed one was for me and one was his. He planned this. I narrowed my eyes at him. He just smiled, and put mine in my room.

“So, Bieber” I started looking at him. He looked at me and gave a nervous smile. “You planned this?”, I asked.
He gave a nervous laugh “Yeah, kind of. I wanted to spend time with my friend”, he said, and smiled at me. Oh my god. Is that what butterflies feel like? Holy Shit.
“So, FRIEND”, I said emphasizing the word friend. “what do you want to eat?” I asked him, his smile got bigger, if that’s possible.
“What about we watch a movie?”, he asked. That’s what I was thinking!
“Okay. Get dressed.” I said and went into my room to change.

We got in the car, and I realized something. “Justin?”
“Yeah?”, he said as he revved up his engine.
“I don’t think we should take this car”, I said nervously.
“You wanna walk?!” he asked horrified.
“No, stupid. We take ANOTHER car”, I said rolling my eyes.
“I don’t think we took any other cars with us”
“My car you dumb ass”, I said and opened the car door.
“How many cars do you have?”, he asked, turning the car off.
“How many cars do YOU have?” I asked and smiled. He chuckled. “Put that in the parking, I don’t think you’d appreciate it if we came back and your Porsche was gone”

I walked over to the garage, and there was MY blue BMW series 3 convertible. I bought it with my own money, and mine only. I couldn’t drive, so I guess Justin’s driving. I knew how, so I backed in out, while he put his car in.

“You can drive?!”, he said surprised when I got out of the driver’s seat.
“Oh, no. I was just testing it and hoping I didn’t crash my precious baby”, I said and rolled my eyes.
“I thought I was your precious baby?”, he said when he got in the driver’s seat next to me.
“You’re my precious GIANT baby”, I said, and we both laughed.

“This place is.. Different”, he said looking around. “Compared to Atlanta, and L.A, this is cool”
We pulled into a parking space of the theater, and put or hoods on, so that nobody would recognize us. In this theater, it’s only ALL teenagers. Adults go to the other huge theaters.
“Two for Diary of the Wimpy Kid please”, Justin said cheerfully to the cashier.
“That would be 20 dollars”, the lady said. He took out his credit card, and I slapped it away.
I mouthed ‘cash’, to him, and as puzzled as he was, he listened.
When we were on the line to get food, which was all teenagers I tell you, he leaned over to me and whispered “What was that about?”
“You use the plastic, they see your name. These teenagers? They’ll KILL us. Stark and..” I trailed off since I never knew what his body guard’s name was .
“Jeremy”, he said. I looked at him “Please do continue”, he chuckled.
I rolled my eyes. “and Jeremy aren’t here to protect us, so keep on the low profile, and use cash at all times. We get found out, Paparazzi will be all over the place”
“Who said Stark and Jeremy weren’t here?”, he said. I gave him a confuzzled look. I love that word Confused + Puzzled = Confuzzled. He pointed to the corner of the room, and they waved at us. I shook my head and got our food.

We finished the movie at around 10pm, and I was tired, so we decided to go home. “I’m hungry”, he whined when we got home.
“We had two buckets of popcorn Justin”, I said in a “duh” tone.
“But.. that wasn’t food”, he whined again
“Very mature JB”, I said and walked to my room. I got changed for bed, and I was laying there, tired, but I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t know why. It was weird. There was a knock on my door. “Come in!” I shouted loud enough for him to hear. He opened the door and popped his head in.
“Can I come in?”, he asked shyly
“Didn’t I just say that?” I said and rolled my eyes, he rolled his eyes too and chuckled. He just stood in front of my bed awkwardly. “Well?” I said sitting Indian style on my bed.
“Uhh, I just wanted to say sorry.”, he said and scratched the back of his neck.
“For what?”, I asked.
“You know, dragging you here. You probably wanted to spend it with your friends”, he said sadly.
“Justin, you ARE my friend.”, did I just say that?
Yeap.
Where the hell’d you go?
Oh you know, here and there.
I looked up at him and his smile was so wide “What?”, I asked him innocently.
“So, we’re friends now right?”, he asked.
“Do you have hearing problems Bieber?”, I asked him, and we both chuckled. He started looking around my room, and he stopped at my left wall. I looked to see what it was. His poster that I got 2 years ago before I started the celebrity thing. He smirked.
“I looked hot even 2 years ago”, he said flexing his muscles.
“You sounded like a girl Bieber”, I said and rolled my eyes.
“Then why do you have a poster of me?”, he said raising his eyebrow at me.
“I thought you were cute”, I said shyly.
“What about now?”, he asked half joking.
“You’re ugly now.”, I said in pure disgust. He looked hurt. “Just kidding!”
He rolled his eyes. “Well, you should get some sleep. You’re giving me a tour tomorrow”, he said and walked out of my room.
“Good Night”, I told him, getting comfortable in my bed.
“Night”, he said, turned off my light and closed the door.
I slipped away to unconsciousness.
“Still awake Steph?” I heard him say
“It’s what? MidNight?” I grumbled.
“yeah, but wake up first?” he pleaded. I sat up, and looked at him. There was enough light from the moon to see his face, and a box in his hands. He smiled.
“What?” I asked.
“Before your birthday ends”, he said and handed me the velvety box. I stared at it, and took it from him.
“What is it?” I asked.
“A bracelet and a necklace. I got it before I went to your house this morning. I heard that you liked topaz, so I got you that”, he explained.
I opened it and with the moonlight, it was so bright. It was so pretty. Nobody made my real birthday a big deal anymore, and it was new to me. I hugged him, and he chuckled. I pulled away, and he wiped something from my face. “Aww, Steph, don’t cry.” He said and chuckled.
I laughed. “Don’t get cocky Bieber, It’s really pretty”, I said and admiring it.
“Glad you like it”, he said and started getting up.
“Wait!”, I said before he was out the door. He looked at me and smiled. “Thank you”, I said. He smiled and closed the door.
I guess I was wrong about Justin.

“Wake up Steph!” I seem to wake up to that voice all the time. I groaned. It’s early. I can feel it. “I made chocolate chip pancakes“, the voice said. I can make my own. “I’m going to kiss you if you don’t get up”, when is he going to? He keeps using it as a threat.
“If you do, I’ll make sure that would be the last kiss you’d have”, I said and sat up. He was sitting next to me, looking adorable as always.
No he is not adorable. Come on, a month of knowing him, you think he’s adorable?
He is adorable. I mean look at those eyes, and that smile.
Okay, shut up.
“Carry me to the kitchen!”, I demanded, he chuckled and picked me up anyway.
He put me down in front of a plate of chocolate chip cookies which I immediately scarfed down. I noticed they were home made. “You can cook?” I asked, food still in my mouth.
“Yes, and that was from scratch, so please appreciate it”, he said eating his own pancakes.
“These are good Justin, honestly. I mean I cant make pancakes from scratch”, I admitted shyly. “So, where do you want to go today?”, I asked breaking the silence.
“I was thinking the Golden Gate Bridge?”, he told me.
“Yeah, sure. Want to walk across it?”, I asked him.
“You can walk across it?”, he asked excitedly.
“Very mature, Drew”, I said, and realized I just called him by his middle name. I looked up at him and he seemed shocked and hurt at the same time. “Sorry, I didn’t mean that”
“No, it’s okay. It’s just that nobody has called me that in years. My dad used to, but he stopped”, he said.
“Oh, sorry.”, I repeated
“It’s okay, please call me that. It sounds nice when you say it”, he said and flashing the grin of his, that made my tummy go “woo hooo!” I think I blushed. Wait, no I never blush. Come on Stephanie! Pull it together!
“Oh, well then. DREW”, I said and chuckled. “We’ll go to the Union Square later?”, I asked
“It’s all up to you boss”, he said saluting me.

I can tell this will be a nice vacation.

We went to the Golden Gate Bridge, and walked across it, and back towards the car. We took many pictures, and seemed like total tourists, so it didn’t make it obvious who we really were. I mean these people would FLIP if they knew. Stark and Jeremy were following us, wearing regular clothes, so that it wouldn’t be obvious they were body guards. I had fun with Justin, and it was weird. I felt comfortable around him. He’s my friend. I’m supposed to feel comfortable around him.

After that, we went to downtown San Francisco and did a little shopping, and remembering to pay in cash, because you use the magic plastic, vacation’s over. We spend the rest of the day there until we got hungry, and went for dinner at this fancy restaurant. We got home around 10, and I was wondering where Stark and Jeremy stayed, so I told them to stay at the apartment next door since nobody was there. They happily agreed, and I got the manager to agree.

I was sitting there on the couch, intently eating frozen yogurt and some chips when E! News caught my attention with saying my name and Justin’s name in one sentence. I looked up. The headline was “Justin Bieber, not in the Bahamas, and Stephanie Vilvaldi, not in the Caribbean”. Just what I needed.

“DREW!” I shouted. He ran in. “We’re on E! News. You’re not in the Bahamas, and I’m not in the Caribbean”, I said still eating my yogurt. I could care less if they knew I was with Justin, but that wouldn’t be good publicity. Since they would think.. you know what I mean.
“Who cares? This is the last place they’d look for us anyways”, he said and walking into the kitchen looking for food. He sat next to me started eating my ice cream.
“MY ICE CREAM DREW”, I said swatting his hand away.
“Just be nice and share”, he said rolling his eyes and dug in my ice cream. Whatever. We just sat there and watched movies on the apple TV. I pulled out the bed, since it was a sofa bed.
I eventually fell asleep on our 3rd movie.

**Justin POV**
We were watching our 3rd movie, and I felt something snuggle up to me. It was Stephanie. Today had been an experience. She wasn’t being a bitch, she was laughing non stop, and I think it might be possible that she might start liking me. I unknowingly put my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. She looked so peaceful. She was beautiful. Everybody knew that, but they didn’t see the other type of beauty in her. I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled. She smiled while she slept.
She put her arms around my waist and I whispered to her “Good Night Steph”, and went to my dream land as well.

I woke up with the sun shining through the blinds. I rubbed my eyes and realized that Stephanie was still hugging me. I smiled right away, and kissed the top of her head. I carried her to her room, so I wouldn’t wake her up while making breakfast. I put her down in the middle of her bed, and looked around. Something caught my attention. By her bedside drawer, there was a notebook. More like, a music notebook. At the front, it said “Adrianne Stephanie Michelle Vilvaldi”, It’s Stephanie’s. Wait. Adrianne? I’ll ask her later.

I walked out and started making some muffins. Yes it’s weird for a guy to like to make muffins, but hey, I’m different. Don’t judge. When I put them to bake for 20 minutes, and when I was cooling them, Stephanie sat down on the table.

“Morning Steph”, I greeted her.
“Morning Drew”, she said smiling.
I set the muffins in front of her and she looked at me oddly. Then she bit the muffins. “Hey, I was wondering.”, I started. “Don’t get mad?” I said
“Go ahead” she said assuring me
“I noticed at your bedside table. It said “Adrianne Stephanie”,”, I told her. She just stared at me in complete horror, then looked down at her muffin and took a bite.
“I dropped it. It had “Drianne” on it, sounded like “Drina”,” she explained simply.
“Oh, okay.”, I decided not to push it.

**Stephanie POV**
He found out about my real name. I’m smiling the first time I see him. I’m pretty sure I slept next to him last night. He made me muffins for breakfast. This is weird. All weird. But, honestly, I like it.
Oh shut up. You’re falling for him aren’t you?
NO, I’m not.
Admit it, I’m not telling anyone.
Like you can.
Try me.
Ugh. Okay, I like him. Not falling in LOVE with him
HA! Finally.
Can we just get over this?

“SO what do we have planned today?”, I asked
He gave me a sympathetic look. “Up to you, Scooter called earlier, saying we need to go back to L.A tomorrow”
“Oh”, That’s disappointing, “Let’s just hang out today?” I said.
“That’s fine”, he said and shrugged. “I’m going to go take a shower first”, he said and I nodded, he smiled, then it made me smile. He walked to the room.
I sighed. “Great. Just what I need”, I grumbled under my breath. Note the sarcasm.

We chilled and hung out for the day, and went out for lunch. When we came back, we heard noises inside the apartment.
Justin went tense. ”Jeremy”, he said, and they guy stepped out. “Can you go check it out?” Justin said.
“What? You can’t do it yourself Drew?”, I mocked. He glared at me. I tried to keep a straight face.
Moments later, Jeremy came out and rolled his eyes “It’s just Vee and the guys”, he said and walked next door.
Justin and I cracked up like crazy. He walked in first, and I followed closing the door.
“Hello, lovebirds”, Vee said, dancing around the room.
Justin and I blushed, and looked down. Jake came over to give Justin a manly hug, and so did Nate. I hugged Vee and the guys too.
“You guys scared the shiz out of us!”, I yelled, then we all cracked up.
“I was hoping to do that”, Vee said proudly.
“Well, what are you guys doing here?”, I asked.
“Just checking on the both of you.”, Jake said smiling.
“You didn’t try anything on her did you Bieber?”, Nate asked trying to keep a straight face, but smiled anyways.
“No, I didn’t”, Justin said matter-of-factly.
I glared at him, and so did Vee. Nate and Jake just started smiling and chuckling.

We hung out, just the 5 of us. We watched a movie, and had dinner of popcorn and pizza. We played COD on the Xbox, which I totally beat Justin on. When it was time to sleep, Jake and Nate decided to sleep on the couch, then Vee and I shared my room.

“Spill it girly”, Vee said. I rolled my eyes.
“What is it to spill? Everytime I spend time with him, you expect there’s something to spill”, I said and smiled.
“THAT!”, she said horrified/surprised.
“What?”, I asked curiously still smiling.
“YOU’RE SMILING!”, she whisper yelled, eyes wide.
“I always smile”, I said to her and shrugged.
“Not like that”, she said regaining her posture. I smiled at her.
“Can we sleep now?”, I said getting in my duvet covers.
“One more thing”, she said raising her eyebrows at me. I looked at her, giving her a look to go on. “You like Justin”, she said. It wasn’t a question. It was a declaration. I hoped it was an opinion, but truthfully, it’s a fact.
That caught me off guard. How do I respond to that?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for this very crappy and short chapter.

comment; subscribe..xD

Please support my other story
The Square Root of Friendship