Status: Sequel coming soon! :D 14 days from Oct 19, 2010 :D Maybe sooner if I get comments :D

What to Do?

You do?

The fireworks finished up and I was still curled up against Justin. I liked the feeling, and my heart fell when they said that the fireworks were over. He stood up first, and held out his hand to help me up.
“Thank you”, I said as soon as I got up.
He smiled at me, and put his arms around me. We started walking toward the exit, and I saw a really pretty car on the curb. A Lamborghini. He started walking toward it, and opened the door.
My jaw literally dropped. “What happened to the Bugatti?”, I asked
“I rented it, and I didn’t want to rent it ALL DAY, since we were going to be in the park, so I had Jeremy drop it off, and got us this one”, he said and shrugged. I rolled my eyes and got in. He closed the door and went over to his side.
“D’you have fun today?”, he asked me.
I looked out the window and squinted “Ehh.. I guess you could say that”, I said and shrugged, not looking at him to hide my blushing, remembering what happened.
He let out a fake gasp “Any girl would’ve died to spend a day with me”
“I’m not like other girls”, I looked at him and smirked.
We were at a red light so he motioned for me to come closer, so I did. “That’s why you’re impossible to find”, he whispered, it sent shivers down my spine and he kissed my cheek right when the light turned green.
“Ewww”, I whined wiping my cheek.
“What? You prefer it on the lips?”, he mocked.
“Which reminds me, I’m gonna need to cut off my lips”, I joked. He looked at me and pouted. He looked so adorable. “I’m kidding”, I said, and playfully punched his arm. I rested my elbow on the thing in the middle. He rested it on too, and entwined my fingers with his. I looked at our hands, and looked up at him. He smiled at me and looked back at the road.
“So, did you like the songs?”, he asked.
“Which one?”, I wondered.
“The cover”
“Yeah, who’s it for?”, I wondered being careful with my tone of voice, even if I was already jealous.
The car suddenly stopped. We weren’t in a busy area, and we were already near a side walk. He turned to me, complete shock in his face. “What are you talking about?”
“The song?”, I said in a duh tone.
“Are you serious?”, he asked surprise in his voice
“Mhmm”, I simply said. “You said it’s dedicated to ‘a special someone’”, I said doing the air quotes.
He slumped back to his seat, let go of my hand and sighed. He started driving again. “I can’t believe you”, he said defeated.
“What?”, I innocently asked
“The song was for you!”, he practically yelled slash slash whined.
“Huh?”, I asked. Did I hear that right?
“The song. Fall for you. Was FOR YOU”, he said, annoyed now.
“Oh…”, was all I managed to get out.
“Who was the song for? The one you sang by Demi?”, he asked.
“Someone”, I said
“Who?”, he said, voice with curiosity
“Someone special”, I said looking out the window smiling.
“Come on! I told you who mine was for! It’s not fair”, he whined.
“Stop whining!”, I whined.
“You’re whining too!”, he said
“Ugh!”
“Ugh!”, he mocked. We both laughed. “So, who’s it for?”
“Uhh.. You”, I said quietly.
“Really?”, he asked.
“No, it’s for this guy I’m secretly meeting in the middle of the night”, I said, sarcasm in my voice.
He took my hand again and entwined our fingers together. “You know I like you right?”, he asked, kind of nervous.
“Huh?”
“You know I like you right?”, he asked a bit louder.
“You do?” I asked, and turned towards the window to hide my blushing.
“Yes, I do”, he said, letting go of my hand to put his finger under my chin to make me face him. “Look at me”, he said. I looked up in his eyes, and that moment, I knew he was telling the truth.

My heart was beating really loud, that I was sure he could hear it. “Do you like me?”, he asked.
I smiled “Yeah I do”. He smiled and got out. I looked through the windshield and saw that we’re already in front of my house. I sighed. I wish this day wasn’t over yet. He opened the door and I stepped out. He walked me to the door, and we just stood there awkwardly.
“Soo…”, he started.
“Soo…”, I said looking at my feet.
“See you around then?”, he asked “Since we’re back to work”
“Yeah, I guess”, I said, feeling sad, since I wont get to see him much.
“Hey”, he said tilting my chin up, to look up at him. “I’ll still come and see you”, he said. I smiled. He held both of my hands and kissed them. “I have to go, and I have a interview on Monday, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be talking about today YET”, he said, comforting me. I was kind of nervous about that. I nodded. I turned around to open the door, he grabbed my arm, to make me face him and softly kissed me. He pulled away, smiled at me and walked toward the Lamborghini, with me there in pure shock.
“Wait!”, I called out. He looked at me, before getting in. I pulled out the piece of paper he gave me of his song. “The thing”, I said waving it in the air.
“It’s for you, that’s the original version. I want you to have it”, he called out, and got in his car. I folded it up, and put it in my bag
I opened my door, to find the house empty.
“Vee? Nate? Jake?”, I called out. Nothing. “Mom?”, I tried, nope. Nothing.
I made my way to my room, and heard giggling. I opened it, and they were all spread out on the couch.
“Hmm,, seems like you had a good date”, Vee said giggling and waltzing over to me. I blushed.
“You could say that”, I said and put the bags of the things I bought down.
“Anything for us?”, Nate said still laughing, while rummaging through the bags.
“Yep. Blue one’s Jake’s, Pink one’s is Vee’s and Disneyland bag is yours”, I said. “I’m going to go wash up”

I went upstairs and got ready for bed. When I got out, Vee was there, grinning like a crazy person.
“Spill it, I saw that lip action there”, she said, pulling me to the bed.
“Nope, I don’t kiss and tell”, I said and zipped my lips with my imaginary zipper.
“You kissed!”, she squealed. “Please tell!”
“Nope.”, I said and crossed my arms.
“Please?”, she pleaded. I shook my head. “Fine be like that to your best friend”, she said, and acted mad. We both cracked up. “So you’re going to tell now?”, she said hopefully. I nodded.

I told her about how he blindfolded me, and how he surprised me, and the rides. I showed her the pictures and autographs. I was like a little kid telling her friends about what a great time she had at Disneyland. I told her about Justin singing, and the cover he said, and quoting the exact words to his introduction. I told her about the fireworks and the kiss.

“Oh! And he gave me this”, I said and started rummaging in my bag for the piece of paper. I handed it to her, and she opened it up. Her eyes widened.
“This is so sweet! He wrote you a song and gave you the original!”, she said, and hugged me. “Don’t let him go, I’m sure he’ll take care of you”, she whispered. When she pulled back, I saw she had tears in her eyes.
“Why are you crying?”, I asked
“It’s just this is so sweet, and I wish I were in your place. Tears of Joy”, she said wiping at her eyes. I smiled at her and hugged her. “Come on”, she said pulling me toward the stairs. Then stopped. “That was your first kiss!”, she whisper-screamed
I nodded, biting my lip. She happy danced, and we both laughed.

Nate and Jake were on Jake’s laptop laughing, but suddenly closed it when we came down. Vee gave them a look, and they smiled awkwardly.

Vee let go of me and made her way towards the guys. She sat next to Nate and he swung his arm around her. The way she smiled, and the way she looked at him and smiled, I knew something was going on.
“Okay, you two. Spill”, I demanded sitting in front of them.
They looked at each other, and Nate bit his lip. “What?”, he asked nervously.
“Oh, don’t give me that look. It tells me something’s going on”, I said, crossing my arms.
“Okay! Nate and I are going out!”, Vee blurted out and covered her mouth.
My eyes were going to pop out of their sockets,a nd I smiled. “Since when?”, I asked.
“Just today”, Nate said, and bit his lip again.
I looked at Jake and he just shrugged.
I ran towards them and gave them both a hug. “Awwwww! This is so sweeeet!”, I cooed.
“You’re.. You’re not… mad?”, Nate asked nervously.
I raised my eyebrow at him. “Why would I get mad? In fact I’m happy!”, I said and started smiling like an idiot.
They smiled at each other.
“Let’s go celebrate!”, I said and grabbed the keys to the Lexus. “Jake! Drive”, I said and tossed him the keys, which he perfectly caught.

We piled up in the car, Jake driving, me in the front seat and the couple at the back. Luckily this is a 5 seater car.
“Where we headin’ off to?”, Jake asked as we backed out of the garage.
“Where do you guys want to go?”, I asked turning to Nate and Vee, who were making out. “Okay, keep it low back there, I really don’t wanna see that”, I said disgusted.
“Tell me about it, I had to deal with that alone today”, Jake mumbled. I giggled.
“Sorry”, they said.
“We should go get some ice cream”, Jake suggested.
“You guys up for it?”, I asked the couple.
“Sure”, Vee said.
We arrived at Baskin and Robin’s, and ordered our ice cream.
I got pralines and cream, while Jake got cookie dough, then Nate and Vee shared bubble gum ice cream. I love the color, I just don’t like the taste. It’s weird. It’s like bubblegum that you cant chew.

Jake started walking back to the car.
“Hold it there bud”, I said. He gave me a questioning look. “You are not eating in my Lexus”, I said.
He chuckled “Yes ma’am”
We ate at the tables outside of Baskin and Robins, Vee and Nate being all sweet. I’m a sucker for romance. So what? Shoot me.
We finally finished and headed back to the house. I was already in my sweats, so I just plopped myself on my bed, and reached for my laptop.
“UGH! I forgot to charge it!”
I went downstairs and took Jake’s laptop. He wouldn’t mind. I remembered that they were looking at something and being suspicious, so I looked at the stairs, making sure he wasn’t coming up. I opened the laptop and logged in. I know the password.

I opened the window and saw some pictures. They were at Disneyland?! What the hell? And they didn’t take me?
I kept going. I am so gonna kill- wait. Is that me and Justin sighing autographs?
Okay, I’m sure that’s me hugging Justin when he took my blindfolds. I kept going and they were pictures. When Justin and I were eating, and sharing ice creams. And on, and on.
I stormed downstairs to the game room.

“Jessica Vee Sanders. Mark Nathan and Jacob Samuels Fitzgerald!”, I yelled. They all looked at me. Jake was watching South Park, and the couple making out. Ew.
They knew I was mad when I used heir whole names. “You went to disneyland and spied on us?! You took pictures too!”, I whined. Vee stood up and made her way to me “and You! You had to ask me what happened when you already knew!”
She gave me an innocent smile. Nate was biting his bottom lip, which was a bit swollen from I'm guessing the make out session. Jake was just there relaxed.
“Sorry Steph, we couldn’t resist”, Vee started.
“Couldn’t resist? Spying on your best friend?”, I spat
“I just wanted to know what would happen and the guys wanted to make sure you were safe”, Vee said pointing at the guys.
I looked at them, they just gave me a sheepish grin. I pouted. “But I was safe.”, I crossed my arms and plopped myself on the couch.
“Babe, you know how we are. We’re like your big brothers, and we just wanted to see how you’d act around him without us around, and how he’d treat you, knowing no eyes were on him”, Jake said sitting next to me and hugging me. “We’re sorry”, he said sincerely.
I sighed. “I guess so. You guys should be happy I love you, and I can’t stay mad at you”,
“We love you too”, Nate said and giving me a hug too.
“You were happy today, weren’t you?”, Vee asked sitting on the floor in front of me. Her tone was serious, but soft, and comforting.
“Yes.. I was.”, I said remembering how I felt today. “I felt, safe with Justin. Normal. You know? Like how I used to be. No screaming fans, no drama. Just me. My oldself.”, I said and smiled and looked at each of them. Their eyes showing that they sincerely care. “Thank you guys”, I said
“For what?”, Jake asked.
“For keeping me on the ground. Not becoming some diva”, I said and laughed. They laughed too. “And Nate, I release you from your promise.”, I said
“I promised to keep you from going crazy Steph, I’m not taking it back”, Nate said seriously.
I just smiled. “Yes, you did. But Nate, you have Vee to take care of now. You’ll always be there for me, and I know you’ve prioritized being my big brother, and now you need to prioritize Vee. I could see how you feel about each other, through how you look into each other’s eyes and how your movements are synchronized.”, I said.
He hugged me tighter “Thank You Steph” I hugged him back .

After our little drama there, I decided to sleep in the game room. When Nate and Vee were already in the guest room, I was with Jake, playing COD. We finished and I was already tired.
“I’m gonna sleep”, I said and yawned
“Same here”, he told me and yawned. We both laughed. “Yawning is so contagious”
“Agreed”, I said and got under the covers

He got in next to me and after some time of silence, he spoke up. “Steph?”
“Yes Hun?”
“Is he your boyfriend now?”, he asked
“I.. don’t know”
“Did you tell him you like him?”
“How’d you-“
He cut me off “I’m your best friend. It was obvious, but I’m sure he didn’t notice though”
I sighed. “Does the kiss make that obvious?”, I joked.
“Ha-ha, so you did tell him”
“Mhmm”
Silence….
“Steph?”
“mmm?”
“He likes you”
“I kind of figured that out” I joked again
“No, really. He.. said it himself. When we were at your old apartment”, he said.
“Wait- that was me? You guys were talking about?”, I asked
“Mhmm. I knew you were still awake. I was hoping you heard”, he said.
“I did hear, but not the part where he said it was me”, I said. Oh god. That was me?!?! I was jealous of me? How pathetic.
“Well, he really does like you, and it seems like he’s falling for you”, he said seriously. “I trust him”
“Really?”
“Yes really, he promised he wouldn’t hurt you. I’d kill him with my bare hands if he does”, he said. I knew he was serious.
“Oh…”
It ended with that.
“Steph?”
“Yes Jake?”
“Goodnight”, he said, and rolled over.
“Goodnight Jake. Love you”
“Love you too Hun”

‘Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind’
Yes I used it as my ringtone after last night.
“Hello?”, I said to the receiver.
“Stephanie”, I smiled.
“Yes JB?”
“You free today?”
“I’ll ask Carl if I have anything to do today”
“Okay, call me back”
“Kay, bye”

First thing in the morning and I hear his voice. I layed back down,wide awake smiling.
“Morning sunshine!”, Vee screamed skipping down the stairs
“Morning Mrs. Fitzgerald”, I giggled. She giggled. “You like it?”
“Mhmm”, she said, and looked at a top less Jake. I rolled my eyes. She looked at me. “Did you-“
“Oh-my-God Vee you did not just think I-“, I shook my head. “It’s JAKE! He sleeps without a shirt on! Remember?”
She shrugged, “Well, I’ve been paying attention to Nate more, so no”, she said
“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me”, I said and fixed my hair.
“I was.. to shy too”
I acted surprised “VEE SANDERS. Shy?” I laughed, she blushed and giggled.
I got up and went over to Jake’s side, and poked his cheek “Jakeey”
“What?”, he groaned.
“Wake up”
“No”
“Please?”
“No”
“For me?”
He opened an eye. “Fine”
I smiled and skipped to the stairs.

I dialed Carl’s number.
“Carl?”
“Steph?”
“Yes, it’s me”, I said enthusiastically.
“You seem.. happy”
“I do? Well, whatever. Do I have anything planned today?”
“Just one thing. You have vocal training at 10-12 then you’re off for the day”, he said.
“Thanks Carl”, I said. “Where are you?”
“My house”
“You’re going to the studio today?”
“No, do you want me to?”
“Nah, I can manage. I’ll stop by, I’m gonna bring some red velvet cake after”
“You sure?”
“Mhmm, see ya”
I held number 2 on my phone, it was speed dial for Justin.
“Hey”
“Hey, JB. I have vocal training from 10-12 at the studio, then I’m off for that day”
“Okay. Me too. I’ll take you out for lunch?”
“Sure”
“Alright, see you”
I hung up and skipped to the bathroom to take a shower.

“I’ll be back tonight, I’m going with Justin for lunch. Feel free to take the car”, I told Jake and Nate.
“Alright, have a good time”, Jake said. I hugged three of them, and went to the kitchen to grab cereal bars.
“I will”, I called back.

“Morning Stark”, I greeted as I got in the back seat.
“Morning Steph, you seem happy today?”, he said smirking.
“Oh do I?”, I said, buckling my seatbelt. I chuckled.
“So, where are we heading today?”
“Studio.”, I said and he nodded.
The ride was short, and quiet. I was excited. Why? I’m not sure.
“Stark, is it okay if I visit your family tonight? I wanna meet them?” I asked before closing the door.
“Sure thing. What time are you going to finish up?”
“Around 12”
“Okay, I’ll be back by then”, he said. I closed the door and walked inside the studio.

“Stephanie!”, I heard my name being said with a familiar voice which immediately made me smile.
“Justin”, I greeted him with a hug.
He kissed my cheek and pulled me to the elevator. “How is your morning?”, he asked, holding my hand.
“You know, the usual. But.. Vee and Nate are together”, I said cheerfully
He nodded and smiled. “So, you have vocal training with who today?”
“I’m not sure. Probably Bob or Andrew.”, I shrugged.
“I have mine with Bob”, he said
“Then I have mine with Andrew”, I said and laughed.
The elevator opened and he was going to go left and me to the right. “So see you at lunch?”, he asked.
“Alright”, I said and started walking, to be pulled back and I felt the soft feeling on my lips. Just a simple peck. He smiled. “You have got to stop doing that”, I chucked.
“You know you like it”, he teased
I rolled my eyes. “Shut up.”, I said and pulled my hand away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need feedback. please?

Please support my other story
The Square Root of Friendship