‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Running From Lions

I stood at the door, my hands shaken and refusing to push the doorbell, I heard Alex laugh beside me and rubbed my back before he took the initiative and pushed it himself. I heard running on the hardwood steps and the door swinging violently open, Hunter was standing there wearing a Forever The Sickest Kids shirt.

"Aussie, Alex! You guys came!" said Hunter engulfing me into a hug, I hugged him back, I missed him so much.

"Yep, is mom around?" I asked nervously, Hunter smiled.

"She is in the back in her garden, I think she is nervous about seeing you again but she is really excited!" said Hunter with a smile as he lead us through the familiar house to the backyard, I remember playing back here, I even noticed she didn't fix the the balcony outside my window that I broke when I ran away, I saw my mom plucking weeds out of her garden, in that instant she turned around and looked at me, I couldn't tell if maybe it was just the sun, but her eyes seemed to lit up when she looked at me.

"Austin, you are home!" said my mom, engulfing me into a hug, I just began crying on her shoulder. I heard Hunter offering to take Alex to my room and Alex agreeing. When my eyes finally ran out of tears, she held my face in her hands, " I am so sorry I let your dad do that"

"It's ok mom, I am not mad at you. The garden looks amazing" I said, she smiled.

"Thank you, I won an award for my sunflowers, I will have to show that to you later. How long are you staying?"

"Just a little while, we have to catch the bus, they are stopping by here to get us"

"A bus?" asked my mom curiously.

"Yea, the tour bus, my, Alex is in a band" I said, she smiled.

"I remember Hunter rambling something about you were with a rock band for the summer, it's so good to see you Austin" said my mom hugging me again, I hugged her back, "let me go make you and your Alex some tea."

"Sounds good" I said walking with my mom to the kitchen, I walked up the stairs into my old bedroom to find Alex sitting on my bed reading an AP magazine with him on the cover, I looked around my room it was full of All Time Low posters manly but there were others, Hunter was sitting beside Alex almost scared he was going to wake up any minute, "I feel embarrassed now"

"Well I would be to, seeing as there's a picture of me in this magazine and the page was stuck to another, care to explain?" asked Alex with a smile.

"I was lonely and had a thing for this stupid boy in this stupid punk band, I had bad taste then" I said with a smile, Alex rolled his eyes.

"Is Zack as cute in person?" asked Hunter to anyone who would answer him, Alex smiled.

"You will have to ask your brother that one" said Alex, Hunter eyed me and I nodded.

"They all are cute in person but Alex is the best" I said, Alex winked at me, "So, Hunter I was wondering if you think you would like to come on the rest of the tour with us, just until school starts"

"What?!, " exclaimed Hunter jumping onto the bed, "are you serious?"

"Yeah, your brother needs some help. He can take care of me and Jack, and how about I let you be Rian and Zack's assistant" said Alex, that was all Hunter needed, he hugged Alex and then jumped up and hugged me, then he ran out of the room.

"He will be very happy on this tour and I like your room" said Alex looking around, I could feel my face growing red.

"Hey most people don't think they will ever meet their favorite lead singers, so they might lie in their beds at night and pretend they have that person with them, I don't think you know the effect you have on people" I said sitting down beside Alex and lying my head on his shoulder, he kissed my forehead.

"You would lie in bed at night and think about being with Alex Gaskarth?" asked Alex.

" I would lie in bed wishing someone would love me like that, and sometimes I would stare at those coffee brown eyes on that poster and think what it would be like to be with Alex Gaskarth but I never thought it would be like this, I never thought you would be in my bedroom surrounded by all these posters and holding me like this" I said, I could feel Alex smile.

"Well, how does it feel being with me?"

"Amazing, better than I could have ever dreamed"

"Dreams only last for a night, this is forever" said Alex gently kissing my lips, when a knock sounded at my open door, I pulled away from Alex to see my mom standing there with Hunter behind her.

"I brought you some tea and I was hoping we could talk about this tour thing" said my mom, she looked at Alex and then looked to the poster on my wall.

"Of course, Alex is in a band and I am there assistant, the job is a little tough for me so I was hoping Hunter could help us out. It will only be for the summer and he will be back for school when the summer is over" I said, my mom looked thoughtful for a moment, "and are these good boys?"

"Mom, the best. They don't do drugs or anything like that. Hunter will be fine and safe I promise." I said, Alex nodded.

"I promise he will not get in any trouble. He will be Rian and Zack's assistant, they are good guys." said Alex, my mom smiled.

"Ok, just for the summer" said my mom, Hunter hugged her tightly and I smiled, a horn honked outside an hour later, Hunter was moving so fast I thought time was actually about to slow down. I hugged my mom goodbye, Alex hugged her too which made me smile. When we walked to the bus, Jack opened the door with much enthusiasm, Hunter looked like he was going to pass out.

"Houston, who is this?" asked Jack with a smile looking at Hunter.

"This is my brother, Hunter. Be nice" I said, Jack smiled bigger.

"I am always nice, " said Jack grabbing Hunter's hand and leading him onto the bus, "Guys this is Dallas' brother, he is a hunter"

"His name is Hunter, dumbass" I said, Hunter didn't take his eyes off of Zack, Rian looked at Hunter curiously, but there was nothing there, I frowned.

"Hunter, I hear your going to be mine and Rian's assistant" said Zack, Hunter looked paralyzed but nodded his head, Zack gave me a weird look, I rolled my eyes.

"Zack, Hunter is a big fan of yours" I said, Zack smiled, Hunter turned red.

"Awesome, come to the back and I will show you some awesome shit" said Zack smiling and then leading Hunter to the back.

"I am going to take a nap, see you guys in a bit" said Alex kissing me softly on the lips, Jack looked at Rian and then headed to the back.

"I know what your planning" said Rian, I looked at him curiosuly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, Rian rolled his eyes

"Maybe since I can't have you, your brother will suffice. It doesn't work like that"

"Rian, I didn't" I started but he held up his hand.

"I like you, Austin. It pisses me off that you think you can just make me like someone else like this is all about you and I mean shit to you" said Rian getting pissed.

"Rian, you do mean something to me, you are my friend. I just wanted to make you happy"

"Austin, just don't try to make me happy, what I want I can't have"

"Rian, please" I said, Rian shook his head.

"I am going to take a nap, just avoid me, I don't want to see you" said Rian walking off, I sat down where he just left, I didn't know what to do, I just wanted to make Rian happy but I guess it's true, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, a tear fell from my eye.

"You're brother is pretty, hey, are you crying?" asked Jack, I quickly wiped the tear away.

"No, I am fine." i lied, Jack came and sat beside me.

"Tell Uncle Jacky what's wrong"

"Jack, did you think maybe I don't want to talk about it?" I asked with a bitchy tone.

"Well, you are going to tell me anyway" said Jack, I rolled my eyes.

"Rian is pissed at me for bringing Hunter on the bus"

"Why would he be pissed about that?"

"Because I thought maybe him and Rian would hit it off" I said, Jack laughed.

"Dallas, Rian is pretty much in love with you. Just give him some time. Zack is still upset about the whole thing" said Jack putting my head on his shoulder, he played with my hair, "cheer up, everything is going to work out"

"Sure it will, Jack. I am suppose to be happy with Alex, sometimes I feel like Rian is waiting to break us up"

"Rian isn't that stupid, everything is going to be ok, I promise" said Jack as Zack and Hunter came from the back.

"Not this again, you already got Alex" said Zack with a smile, I looked up at him and noticed how close Hunter was standing next to him, I didn't want my brother getting hurt but it was only a harmless crush.

"Working my way through them all, you're next Zack" I said with a smile, Zack raised his brow.

"Oh really, I might can swing your way" said Zack with a smile as he sat down beside me, Hunter looked jealous.

"So Hunter, you wanna participate in our daily orgy?" asked Jack, Hunter's eyes grew huge.

"He is kidding, Hunt" I said, Hunter looked curious and crestfallen.

"Having a party?" asked Rian venomously.

"Yeah and you are not invited" said Jack, Rian crossed his arms over his chest and eyed me.

"Figures, I am usually not in the loop" said Rian, I stood up.

"Because you are being a immature brat, Dawson. You can't always get what you want" I said walking past him to the back, he followed me directly on my heels.

"Loose the fucking attitude, I am the one in pain, no you!" screamed Rian, I scoffed.

"Yeah, my friend can't be happy for me because he's too busy wondering when Alex and I are going to break up so he can have me. Don't think I don't see that in your eyes when you look at me and Alex"

"Excuse me for loving you, I can't help it. God, you are a fucking idiot!" screamed Rian

"Fuck you, Dawson!"

"Fuck you, Davis!" Rian screamed and bawled up his fist he took a step towards me.

"Guys, what the fuck is the screaming about?" asked Alex standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes clad only in his boxers.

"You're boyfriend is a fucking idiot" said Rian, Alex looked pissed.

"Rian, calm down. Go take a nap or something. Austin you're coming to my bunk and taking a nap. This shit, whatever is going on between the two of you is going to end, I am not going to pick between my friend and drummer or my boyfriend, one of you won't like the outcome" said Alex, Rian just eyed me and then walked out of the room, Alex eyed me confused.

"Maybe I should just leave" I said, Alex grabbed me into a hug.

"You are not going anywhere. Rian will get over this, you are my baby" said Alex kissing nose.

"I love you, Alex"

"I love you too, Austin. Come nap with me" said Alex leading me into his small bunk, we cuddled close, I felt him kiss my neck gently, his arm snaked around my waist and pulled me closer. I could hear Jack and the others talking in the room.

"What's up with Rian and my brother?" asked Hunter

"Long story, but it's my fault" said Zack.

"Zack seriously, it's not your fault. Rian has to realize that he moved to slow"

"I need to talk with Austin tomorrow, I have screwed this up" said Zack, I wanted to get up and talk to him but Alex was holding me too tightly, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.