‹ Prequel: Warped
Status: Will Be Updating Soon!

Dreams Only Last For A Night

Therapy

The next day, after washing shaving cream out of my hair that Jack thought it would be funny to do, I washed my hair without telling Alex, I was going to fight fire with fire. I was standing at the merchandise booth with Van, he was working with the customers and I was just handing him the stuff that they wanted. When my pocket vibrated, I forgot I had a cellphone in there that Van gave me and only the band and him had the number, I read the text from Alex saying they needed waters.

"Hey Van, the band needs waters where are they?" I asked, Van bent down in a cooler and handed me four waters, that's when I saw the salt from the take out Van and I had, I smiled to myself as I added the salt to one of the bottles of water that I was going to give to Jack. I walked behind the stage to find the guys setting up, I handed each of them their waters, Jack was the first to open his water, he downed half the bottle before doing a spit take that almost hit Zack in the face.

"What the fuck is up with this water?" asked Jack, he then looked at me, I shrugged and smiled, he smiled back at me, "touche'"

"You guys need anything else?" I asked.

"We are good for now, after the set we are getting back on the bus, our next stop is Boston and I want to get there early" said Alex, I nodded.

"Yeah, no problem." I said walking away from them and back to the booth, where Van was still working like crazy.

"The guys need me on the bus after their set, we are going to Boston and Alex wants to get there early" I said, Van smiled.

"Yeah figures, probably to see his girlfriend, she always visits on one stop of the tour" said Van, I felt my heart breaking, I didn't even think Alex would have a girlfriend, I wanted him to be gay so bad.

"Oh, that sounds cool" I said, trying to hide my depression, but Van seemed to catch on.

"What's up with the sadness?"

"Nothing, I am fine. Just hot" I lied, Van eyed me curiously and then threw a shirt at me, I unfolded it to see it was a Panic! shirt with 'Lying is the Most Fun" written on it, I looked at Van who shrugged.

"I am very good at reading people, Austin. Alex is a good guy but has a girlfriend, I am not saying that means anything but he is with someone, don't let yourself get clouded and get hurt. I knew how much that can hurt" said Van, I shrugged I knew he was write but I liked Alex a lot. When I looked at him, I just felt something I haven't felt before, I know I have only really known him for like a day but there was something there.

"Van, I am ok. I can take care of myself, but thanks for looking out for me" I said, Van smiled.

"Not a problem at all" said Van as girls began screaming loudly, I didn't know why until Ryan showed up, I watched Van share a look at him, I knew there was something more there than other people caught on to.

"Hey Austin, Jack says he meet them on the bus, they are heading there now" said Ryan, I nodded.

"See you guys later" I said as I waved to them and started walking towards the bus, when I opened the door to the bus a water balloon hit me in the chest, I didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

"That's for the salt in my water" said Jack with a smile.

"Well, I did that because you put shaving cream in my hair" I replied, Jack shrugged.

"You are my new advisory, I see you can give as well as you can take"

"I could have just told Alex, but this way it's more fun" I said as the rest of the guys got on the bus.

"This isn't over Fort Worth" said Jack with a smile and in a whisper.

"Bring it, Jack" I whispered back with a smile, Jack and I both knew that we didn't really hate each other, it was just fun.

"Good timing, Austin" said Alex with a smile.

"Yeah, Jack came and got me, I heard the set today pretty awesome" I said, Alex smiled.

"Thanks" said Alex as he looked at his cell phone, "it's Amy"

"That your girlfriend?" I asked, not wanting to know the answer.

"Yeah, she is excited about seeing me tomorrow" said Alex, I faked a smile.

"Yeah, I bet" I said trying to hide the sadness, "I am going to go play some Wii"

"Awesome, want to race in Mario Kart, ten bucks says I can kick your ass"

"You're on" I said with a smile, Alex and I played video games while the others took a nap, it was cool just being alone with Alex, I even forgot about his girlfriend, especially after winning my 10 bucks.

"Ok so you kicked my ass, I underestimated you" said Alex with a smile, I returned one.

"It's ok, just remember I am smarter than the average bear" I said with a smile, Alex gave me an odd look and then looked another way.

"I better get some sleep now, busy day tomorrow" said Alex, I nodded.

"Yeah, I am right behind you" I said, Alex waved and went to his bunk, I didn't want to go to sleep yet, I just wanted to forget that tomorrow Alex's girlfriend would be here and that I would probably have to watch them kiss and shit, I just hoped that I didn't wake up in the morning, maybe this would be the night I died in my sleep.