Status: Discontinued? Finished? Hiatus? ... UNWRITTEN.

Moonless Night

At Least You've Got Love

-ALICE CULLEN-

“So what’s the big deal? What’s wrong with the mutt?” Rosalie asked sitting next to Emmett on the couch. He took her hand running his thumb along the back of her hand. Emmett looked worried, he unlike the rest had actually made it a point to try and like Jacob.

I looked at Jasper who just looked relieved to have Vierra far enough from him… far enough that he didn’t have to feel her, or should I say, Edward and Bella’s undying love.

It was weird just being the four of us. Vierra and Edward had been around for so long it had almost seemed stable being six of us. The strange, incredibly good-looking family Carlisle Cullen had somehow managed to throw together.

“Jacob is fine,” I told mostly Emmett who actually seemed to somewhat care about his wellbeing.

“Then why…”

“You’re so dumb sometimes,” Rosalie said pulling her hand out of his grasp. Rosalie got up and walked towards the staircase probably to go busy herself with something more interesting.

“What’s got her so messed up?” Emmett asked still not understanding the whole point.

“Jumping off a cliff,” Jasper said closing his eyes and taking in the peaceful surroundings, “Who else do we know try to do that?”

Emmett sat thinking for a moment and I’m not quite sure it clicked in his head right away. He sat blankly and then as if someone turned on a light bulb inside his head his whole face lit up, “You lied?”

“No,” Jasper answered before I had a chance, “She just didn’t tell the whole truth.”

Emmett’s eyes lit up and his mouth made the shape of ‘oh.’ I don’t really think he understood was really going on, but that was just the kind of guy Emmett was. Her took everything for face value and enjoyed every bit of it. After being alive for over a hundred years sometimes we just need to remember to embrace life in a simple way.

“Alright Emmett,” Jasper started again, “I’m only going to explain this once so listen closely, alright?”

Emmett nodded leaning forward and placing hands on his knees as if he were going to spring off the couch and start a race. He leaned in towards Jasper like he was trying to listen in on some type of super secret message.

“Bel-“

“Emmett honey, you still don’t get it?” Rosalie returned still looking bored. Unlike Emmett Rosalie was high maintenance… I guess it’s good though. They balance each other out just like Jasper and me.

“It’s that Bella Swan,” Rosalie said, “You remember when she went jumping off of cliffs and Edward thought she was going to kill herself and went looking for her?”

Emmett nodded not taking in Rosalie’s harsh tone. He just looked at her waiting for her to continue her explanation, “Well same thing here. Vierra’s gone off to stop Jacob because she was led to believe he’s trying to kill himself by jumping off some stupid cliff,”

“Oh, that makes sense…” He looked confused again, “…Kind of. Why would anybody want to jump off a cliff?”

“Why would anyone want to wrestle a bear honey?”

“The bear attacked me,” Emmett told Rosalie in a mater-of-fact tone. They had this lovers spat all the time. When Rosalie didn’t agree with something Emmett did or said she would bring up “the” bear story.

“Alright,” Jasper said suddenly getting up. He probably didn’t feel the peace anymore, “I’ve enjoyed spending time with my lovely family, but to be brutally honest, you’re all a pain.”

Jasper crossed the room and then stopped to look at me and then motioned to Rosalie and Emmett who continued to argue on the couch, “Well, you two definitely are. As for you, I love you Alice,”

I watched him walk away and my thoughts went right back to Vierra. God I hope she doesn’t kill me when she gets back. Maybe if I’m lucky she’ll be too preoccupied with. I sure hope my vision was right and nobody changed any of their decisions.

“Alice!” Rosalie and Emmett yelled at me at the same time snapping me out of my thoughts and back into the real world.

“Can you please predict the future and tell Rosalie that I’m going to be right,” Emmett said with a smug look on his face.

“You know I can’t do that…”

“I already told him that!” Rosalie said highly annoyed, “Emmett, it’s time for you to clear your head,”

Well, I sure hoped Vierra and Jacob came out nothing like Rosalie and Emmett. But then again, at least if they did, they’d surely be in love.