Overnight Sensation

12

Rian

“Well, yeah. I ran onto him in Times Square. He tried to caught up with me, but I took a shortcut on Central Park.”, Sasha explained on the other line.

I sighed. . “Okay, I’ll try—“, before I could finish my sentence, the door slammed open. “Shit, he’s back! I’ll call you later.”, I hissed quickly before ending the conversation.

Zack panted and walked into the room, sitting down at the couch. I needed to know what happened, but I couldn’t let him know that I knew Sasha lived here now. “What happened, man?”

He looked up and shook his head slightly. “I didn’t know what to do. I met her.”

“Her?”, I raised a brow, trying to play dumb.

“Yeah. Sasha.”

I bit my lower lip before sitting next to him. “Where? I didn’t know she lives here now.”

“Me either! I thought she’s still in Hawaii. She said she wouldn’t come back to the states.”

“Well, everyone change their minds. Anyway, how did you meet her? Like, walked her by or something?”

“She ran into me when I was crossing the street.”

I nodded and leaned back to the couch. “Now what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know, dude. I want her back, but you know my problem.”

“Courtney.”, I rolled my eyes and scoffed quietly. “Don’t you think it’s a little weird about her?”

“Who?”

“Courtney. She told you she’s pregnant when you wanted to break up with her, and didn’t you tell me that she was on the pills when you guys did it? and Zack, you were gone for months! Can’t you see some weird things here?”

Zack just looked at me for a minute and exhaled quietly. “I don’t know. My mind is kind of full right now to think about it.”

“Well, all I can do is giving you advices since you’re my friend, and seriously, I could smell something’s fishy about Courtney.”

“Don’t interrogate her.”, he rolled his eyes. “She has too much problem already.”

“Yea, yea.”, I stood up from the couch and walked out to the hallway. After I dialed Sasha’s number, she picked up on the second tone.

“Rian! So what did he tell you?”, she quickly asked.

“About you guys ran into each other, and I have to ask you some things, since I’m not a girl.”

“O-Okay.”, she stuttered. “How about we meet up? I have to go to a photo shoot, let’s meet up at 8?”

“Sure.”

Sasha

“Thanks guys!”, I called out to the studio and rushed out, greeted by the cold windy air of New York. The sidewalks were still crowded and when I walked through the crowd, my heart accelerated, knowing that I was in the same city as Zack did.

Three months without any contacts with him was suffering and seeing him on TV every time their music video would came on was heartbreaking. I had to hide every single emotion about him from Richie and Traver, if they found out, they would dragged me down for a night and introduced me to some of their straight friends.

When I walked into the coffee shop, the smell of nutmeg, cinnamon, and fresh brewed coffee hit my nostrils. I found Rian, Alex, and Jack in the corner. “Hey guys.”

“Sasha!”, Jack launched up from his seat and quickly wrapped his arms around me. “I didn’t know you live in New York now!”

“Well, I have to. I make my living here.”

“I thought you make quite a living in Hawaii as a DJ.”, Alex asked as he munched his cookie.

I shrugged my shoulders and sat down. “I want to try something new, and it’s about time I go back to the states.”

They nodded in unison before we discussed what happened earlier today. Jack and Alex had me tell the story one more time since they didn’t understand when Rian told them about it.

“So, that’s it.”, I finished off and took a sip of my vanilla latte.

Jack tilted his head to the side. “Okay. So what do you want to do now?”

“I don’t know, Jack. I want to see him, and talk to him, but that would remind me about what happened three months ago.”

“You should really know that what happened three months ago wasn’t Zack’s fault.”, Alex patted my hand.

I nodded. “I know that, but three months without any contact with him was really hard. When I saw you guys on TV, seeing him, it hurts.”

“We understand. But, if you want to talk to him, we could try that. Sash, he wants you back.”, Rian said.

My eyes widened on the last one. “He wants me back?”

Rian nodded and my heart accelerated one more time, it felt like it could leaped out of my chest. “But what about his girlfriend? I thought she’s pregnant.”

“That’s what I wanted to ask you about! It’s been three months since she told Zack about it, but her stomach still flat like a plank, and she told Zack that she was on the pills when they did it. isn’t it weird?”, Rian rambled, without taking a space or a break.

“That is weird.”, I mumbled and rubbed my chin. Suddenly, my phone vibrated and it was a call from an unknown number.

I picked it up and tapped ‘Accept’ before pressing it onto my ear. “Hello?”

“Sasha? Is that you?”

The familiar voice sent shivers down my spine. His voice haunted me. the last time I heard his voice was four months ago, when he broke up with me cause’ I caught him cheating.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“I tried to reach you to your old number.”

“Where did you get this number?”

“Operator. Sash, I really need to talk to you. Can we meet up tonight?”

“But, I’m not in Hawaii anymore…”

Nat laughed delightedly on the other line. “I know, sweetheart, I’m in New York right now. Come see me at Central Park in 10, can you do that?”

My eyes wandered to the three guys who looked at me curiously probably because of my expression change. “Yeah, sure. I’ll see you soon.”, I hung up and slid my phone into my purse.

“Who’s that?”, Jack asked, raising his brow.

“My photographer. he told me to meet him at Central Park, and I should get going.”

“Okay, can you come to our show tomorrow?”, Alex asked, putting on his puppy dog eyes.

I smiled and patted his head. “Sure, Alex, I’ll try. See you guys.”

I knew they could see something in my eyes when I turned around and headed for the door. I hailed a cab as soon as I was out at the sidewalks and when a cab stopped, I quickly got inside. The drive to Central Park was filled with questions.

How in the world Nat got my number? How did he know I live in New York now? What would he do to me? those question was spinning in my head. When the cab stopped right in front of the park’s gate, I gave the cabbie the money before sliding out.

The path was already dark, the street lamps were the only lighting source. Nat texted me, saying he was waiting for me near the fountain. I was on the other side of the fountain when I saw him.

He was still lanky, his hair was longer than the last time I saw him. he smirked as he saw me, walking towards him. “Nat.”, I said calmly when my inside was screaming in terror.

“Sasha.”, he smiled. “You look lovely as always.”

“What do you want? I need to get back.”

“Just a little chit chat. You know, I missed you so bad.”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed quietly. “I know you don’t, Nat. you cheated on me!”

“That’s why I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to get back with you.”

“I’m a lunatic if I want to get back with you.”

His face was getting redder from the anger but I could see he managed his anger. “Please Sash, give me another chance. I could prove it to you that I’ve changed.”

“You cheated on me with some whore, Nat! how can I believe you after that?”

“Please Sasha. We can go back like we used to. We can move back to Hawaii, and live the life we longed like before.”

Tears formed in the corner of my eyes and he took my hands, but I pulled it away again. “Please, Sash.”, he begged.

I bit my lower lip and looked away. “I’m sorry, Nat.”, I turned around on my heels but Nat gripped my shoulders tight. “Nat, let me go!”

“I won’t!”, he suddenly, turned me around, pinning me to the fountain’s barrier. His lips crashed on mine eagerly when I tried to push him away, but couldn’t. he was too strong.

“Nat, stop!”, I cried as tears streamed down my cheeks. He just kept on going. His hands flew down to my jacket, successfully ripping it off of me until the buttons were off from the jacket.

Nat’s hand was already on the zipper of my dress when suddenly, I lost balance and fell into the fountain. He didn’t care and suddenly, his hand pulled the zipper down easily, revealing my chest. “No one can have you except me.”, he breathed as he pulled me out to the surface of the water.

I gasped for air and still trying to push him off when suddenly, someone yanked Nat off of me. I fell down to the water again, but with my right ear on the surface. The cracked and curses were frightening, and I closed my eyes while I counted my breath.

When I was about to reach for 100, someone pulled me out from the water. His hand was warm and soft. He pulled my zipper up and wrapped his jacket around my body. I felt really weak, even my legs couldn’t support me.

I still didn’t know who the mysterious rescuer was until he carried me bridal style. All I know was we got into a cab, and I leaned my head on his shoulder. I pulled my head up and saw the brightest greenish eyes I’ve missed.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahaha,can you guess who Nat is? no,i mean Nat as in Nat who?;D